IGNORED

Alex Scott/Josh Brownhill

And Its Smith

7 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I’m not sure many are really critising him, it’s just he started so well last year and he seemed to make more impact on games.

I’m sure someone may correct me with stats on assists / goals but this season, despite being involved, he has not been able to translate his ability with the ball into goals or draw fouls that create good chances.

Perhaps we rely on him too much and perhaps he’s being told to be more disciplined but I think he might be over thinking things - no surprise given his age but we need him to fire - quickly!

You cannot use that against Scott in this team. With players who are on the same wavelength as him, he would be getting far more assists. He should be taking every inswinging corner to get better at them, not James who 50/50 hits the first man.

The only thing I can describe almost every player we have is footballing stupid. I cannot understand how a professional football player is not aware of their surroundings to know they are in acres of space and just head the ball aimlessly back up the pitch rather than either bring the ball down or head to a team mate. Andi, Zak and Rob are the worst culprits. There must be no shouts of time or man on from this team.

Scott is the only player who will always try to get the ball down and pass into space.

15 hours ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Saying it doesn’t matter what a footballer does off the ball is like saying it doesn’t matter what a tennis player does after they’ve hit the ball, very odd. Totally agree with your original post (and this one), thought he had a great game. Whilst James didn’t play as well as Scott, was good to see him have a word/arm round shoulder when Alex did misplace a pass. 

Not if the tennis player only hits aces. ??

• Haha 1

Alex has not quite influenced the game offensively as he can last few matches, the odd misplaced pass that has put us in trouble a few times as well. Equally, I think he has been one of our best players out of possession, worked very hard to close down and made some important tackles or blocks.

As an aside, seems to be getting better at managing the timing for aggression. Seemed to have a run of matches early door where he was picking up bookings it seemed more often than not.