IGNORED

Unchanged on Sunday?

Port Said Red

I think we will go for our strongest team on Sunday, partly because of the financial implications of a cup run, but also because I think it's important for this group to get as many minutes together as possible.  We don't have any midweek games until the middle of February now, so fitness and stamina shouldn't be a problem. I particularly want the defence to continue working together in front of O'Leary, this can only be good for understanding in the long term, especially with Atkinson playing centrally. It seems obvious having seen the last 180 minutes, that we should have always set up with Naismith to the left of Atkinson, but I think Atkinson had seen himself playing along side a commanding centre half, rather than being one himself. 
He may not yet be the reliable first ball winner that we need, but he has all the attributes necessary to become one. I would also like James to continue in his linking role, and I like the way he "dropped in" when any of back 3 ventured forward, and the more time Semenyo gets, the better he becomes. If I was going to rest any of the players, I would maybe look at Scott or Weimann, but I would probably want them for at least an hour. If there is any room for academy players to get experience, it will be from the bench.

As far as finances are concerned this is the prize money alone that can be earned from each round. Obviously there is potential additional revenue from attendances and TV rights as well.

First Round Proper winners (40)
£41,000
Second Round Proper winners (20)
£67,000
Third Round Proper winners (32)
£105,000
Fourth Round Proper winners (16)
£120,000
Fifth Round Proper winners (8)
£225,000
Quarter Final winners (4)
£450,000
Semi Final losers (2)
£500,000
Semi Final winners (2)
£1,000,000
Final runners-up (1)
£1,000,000
Final winners (1)
£2,000,000

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I would expect Williams to start possibly Bentley , maybe DaSilva or Sykes . But our to our performance against Lincoln, I don't think Nige would trust the team with too many changes. 

I don't think Bents has any chance of playing, unless someone wants to see him in action or something. I could see the wing backs being changed as it's the position that requires so much work, Williams for Scott would make sense too. I think it's more the 3cb's and goalkeeper we need to keep together.

• Like 1

On 02/01/2023 at 20:29, Lanterne Rouge said:

I wonder that, should we sign anyone this week, would they go straight into the team? It might put a few more bums on seats if there are a couple of new signings on show. Otherwise, I`m with you, play our strongest team unless a sale is imminent and the club don`t want to cup-tie a player.

Any body not playing will cause leaving speculation then

Edited by Rocking Red Cyril
I type shit
  • Like 1

On 02/01/2023 at 20:24, Port Said Red said:

I think we will go for our strongest team on Sunday, partly because of the financial implications of a cup run, but also because I think it's important for this group to get as many minutes together as possible.  We don't have any midweek games until the middle of February now, so fitness and stamina shouldn't be a problem. I particularly want the defence to continue working together in front of O'Leary, this can only be good for understanding in the long term, especially with Atkinson playing centrally. It seems obvious having seen the last 180 minutes, that we should have always set up with Naismith to the left of Atkinson, but I think Atkinson had seen himself playing along side a commanding centre half, rather than being one himself. 
He may not yet be the reliable first ball winner that we need, but he has all the attributes necessary to become one. I would also like James to continue in his linking role, and I like the way he "dropped in" when any of back 3 ventured forward, and the more time Semenyo gets, the better he becomes. If I was going to rest any of the players, I would maybe look at Scott or Weimann, but I would probably want them for at least an hour. If there is any room for academy players to get experience, it will be from the bench.

As far as finances are concerned this is the prize money alone that can be earned from each round. Obviously there is potential additional revenue from attendances and TV rights as well.

First Round Proper winners (40)
£41,000
Second Round Proper winners (20)
£67,000
Third Round Proper winners (32)
£105,000
Fourth Round Proper winners (16)
£120,000
Fifth Round Proper winners (8)
£225,000
Quarter Final winners (4)
£450,000
Semi Final losers (2)
£500,000
Semi Final winners (2)
£1,000,000
Final runners-up (1)
£1,000,000
Final winners (1)
£2,000,000

Personally hoping to see the lesser spotted Kalas as imo our best defender. The financial rewards alone are enough for us to go strong & build some confidence that we can start winning at home. 

2 hours ago, Shuffle said:

Personally hoping to see the lesser spotted Kalas as imo our best defender. The financial rewards alone are enough for us to go strong & build some confidence that we can start winning at home. 

I'd love to see Kalas back and playing again but, after the last setback, I suspect he'll be eased back very slowly to avoid the risk of a recurrence. Hopefully he'll make the bench within the next two or three weeks but I'd imagine there'd be two or three games of him as a sub before he made the starting line up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Don't we have to give them 15%?

According to the rules, yep.  Could be Police / SAG involvement in setting that number I guess.

Not sure what our capacity is when you take off the top tier of the Lansdown and the netting area in the Atyeo.

On 02/01/2023 at 21:25, 1960maaan said:

I would expect Williams to start possibly Bentley , maybe DaSilva or Sykes . But our to our performance against Lincoln, I don't think Nige would trust the team with too many changes. 

I would hope NP has learnt the lessons from the Lincoln disaster, but he seems to be a stubborn sod, so l would not be surprised if not. 

5 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I would hope NP has learnt the lessons from the Lincoln disaster, but he seems to be a stubborn sod, so l would not be surprised if not. 

I doubt many worried when the lineup for Lincoln was announced, you can't legislate for that sort of showing. But I doubt he feels like throwing 8/10 changes at a game against a side above us in the table.

• Like 1