IGNORED

It doesn't bloody matter what "we wish for" .....

Bristol Oil Services

On 05/01/2023 at 20:33, REDOXO said:

I would not be surprised if something has gone to a higher takeover/investment level. 

I think SL is very much aware that JL really doesn't seem that interested and as such there is no reason to continue being the benefactor. 

Of course due to FFP it doesn’t matter how much money people have it doesn’t make a whole deal of difference until we can create new/more revenue  as a club  

The silence from the board and the Lansdowns recently had been deafening and as I have stated in the past is indicative of a possible deal! 

Despite what I read on here Bristol Sport with the stadium is quite a tasty proposition for the right people! 

Fair play to Steve, to all those that say he was caught napping with Mark Ashton, well, listen up: he's not asleep at the wheel as far as, er, his son is concerned. We're lucky to have him, where would we be, be careful what yer son's not wishing form etc etc.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Just on a financial bit. May or may not be any guide or precedent.

Millwall reportedly asking in the event of a sale for £80m. Mentions US investors. They are balking at that price!

Have we any inkling as to what we would want asking price wise? Clearly our infrastructure is superior, but London location can be an advantage for players or loanees.

The multi sports model may also appeal but then again the current FFP position being inherited is markedly superior at Millwall as opposed to us- Coventry too if their takeover goes through, Hull as well when they were taken over and Sheffield United's will be fantastic.

That sounds far too much!

37 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

I’ve always wondered this. Imagine some of the clients and investors he must know!! 

How the regulatory and business environment differs to other sectors maybe a push factor however.

Some ways it's highly lax, in other ways it is highly niche.

Do you think they want to answer to the Football League, to FFP requirements, to monitoring for potential future issues with FFP, to submit to the possibility of an embargo to maintain compliance with all regulations?

Two years proof of future funding while sensible, do new owners from the financial or investment world want this requirement?

As of the last year or two, all prospective new entrants have to agree to this kinda thing. What kind of autonomy and freedom might they want vs what is on offer?

Plus how many would fund the club as he has and not resort to MSD for example, or worse borrow from the club like the West Brom owner. 

What about a leveraged buyout? They maybe keen on that, the positive outcome for the club in that instance- much less certain!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

I was thinking about this earlier tbh.

While there are significant pull factors- the youth setup, the ground, the training, other infrastructure plus in particular for US owners the multi sports club model potential.

However while we are in the Championship and especially in transition as we are now, will we find someone as willing to reliably top up the losses, keep the ship afloat financially as SL. I really doubt it- look at Derby a club with a Category 1 Academy, yes insolvency, a modern ground like us and let's be honest a bigger history...They nearly went to the wall.and it was only a wealthy fan and I mean fan, he reportedly used to go and watch them as a paying spectator who saved them.

Look at Stoke with respect, will they while a lower midtable Championship to lower midtable PL if they get back there club, find better than the Coates family? I would suggest not!

Yes there is the chance of the PL but we don't get up within a few years, what then?

We need surely to be in a better financial position for one to make it more attractive. How long term would a new investor be?

On paper you can sell the club or the idea of owning a club to someone. Of course you can, the finer detail of it outside the PL can be more challenging let's say.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous