IGNORED

Tickets today : See Phantoms update

quarryred

7 hours ago, Harry said:

3 options really :

1) Delay kick off by 15 mins. 
2) Get all hands to the pump at the ticket office - 20 people writing out the paper tickets would clear the queue a helluva lot quicker than 2!  
3) As I understand it, when getting to the ticket office, you had to show proof of purchase. Why not just let people do that at the turnstile and let them in. They knew there was about 13,000 spare seats in the ground, just let people in and let them sit where they want. 

Point 1. To be honest I did expect this to happen. I guess it was down to the stadium safety officer and the police who felt it wasn't necessary. I believe the Ref also has some say in this.

Point 2. All available staff regarding ticketing were scheduled to work yesterday, intact they had many more staff in than usual. They did not know about any technical issues until they arrived at the stadium and started work. More staff were in as there are generally many more pay on the day for a cup match,it was pure luck/coincidence staff were in when this happened.

Point 3. Perhaps, but the turnstile I went through had I think 4 turnstiles plus the side gate, so potentially 5 queues. This was manned by just one steward. Maybe there weren't enough stewards to put one on each queue and delays would have been there instead, dunno.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rob k said:

Point 3 exactly 

I can tell you i wasn’t impressed having missed 25 mins or so of the first half to literally be given a piece of paper with information i already knew on it, there was never going to be a single issue with seats today, as you say there were 13k empty seats in the ground. Why couldn’t you just show the confirmation at the turnstile and then be let in?

I’m guessing a lot of people didn’t even have proof of purchase?

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’m guessing a lot of people didn’t even have proof of purchase?

Possibly - not sure how you would have got your ticket without the proof though as these were print at home tickets and I’m sure the large majority would have had proof. Still, it’s done now so time for me to get over it ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

Possibly - not sure how you would have got your ticket without the proof though as these were print at home tickets and I’m sure the large majority would have had proof. Still, it’s done now so time for me to get over it ??

@RedMwere the guys in the ticket office able to check the supporter system, even if tickets themselves couldn’t be printed?

56 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@RedMwere the guys in the ticket office able to check the supporter system, even if tickets themselves couldn’t be printed?

I believe so I gave supporter Id number and ticket person looked on the system and the system told him the exact seats I booked. Although I could only do this as the confirmation email had come through. This didn’t come through instantly, about 11 30 so guessing some fans wouldn’t of had this when they got to the ticket office. Maybe they could show their bank card they purchased with and match it from that? 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LondonRobin said:

Maybe they could show their bank card they purchased with and match it from that? 

That was gonna be my next point…how would you tell from a bank / card statement that the line saying “Bristol City MOTO” or whatever related to this game….other than the price I guess??.

On 08/01/2023 at 11:01, RedM said:

To be fair everything including each turnstile is throughly tested before EVERY match. However like most businesses and homes nowadays they rely heavily on internet/technology and if this goes belly up just about everything is affected. believe me they are as frustrated as anyone

See my post above

whats belly up?

23 hours ago, RedM said:

You might laugh at the tickets being handwritten, but they worked. I would be interested to know what people could suggest as an alternative with no IT, internet or printer with very short notice?

chop the head off a chicken

Edited by reddoh
missed a f