IGNORED

Positives from today

Major Isewater

Positive for me is us changing shape.

Been wanting us to do it for weeks - let’s see if he persists with it.

Think we can cause teams a lot of trouble with the overlapping, rotating, switching flanks etc as we did today - 2 banks of 3:

Weimann Wells Semenyo(Conway)

James Naismith Scott

EDIT - also Vyner and the spirit shown in the second half. 

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Pring. What a player he is turning into 

Failed with a couple of final balls today. Smashed one in particular that no one was getting anywhere near it and it went so hard that it went for a throw the other side of the pitch.   If he can improve that final ball he will be the next one on the list to be going to a higher placed club as he’s superb (disclaimer he also put a couple of really good balls in also I appreciate that).  

Edited by lenred
  • Thanks 1

Pearson reacting and changing formation was the bonus for me. People say it was 4-3-3 but I thought it was more of a 4-2-2-2. Whatever it was it made the team stronger in midfield whist still providing an attacking threat 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Pearson reacting and changing formation was the bonus for me. People say it was 4-3-3 but I thought it was more of a 4-2-2-2. Whatever it was it made the team stronger in midfield whist still providing an attacking threat 

I’d have called it 4123 but I was ground level in a different seat, so not easy to tell…normally take photos of our shape.  Nige called it 433.

Not much, with one more match to distract us from the league, injuries and another defensive error + goal conceded.

I'd say Semenyo finding the net again: his lack of form and goals have been a problem recently, because he is one of our best weapons. Not sure if he will stay, but even in case of a sell, more goals would mean more money.

Edited by Dan Robin

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’d have called it 4123 but I was ground level in a different seat, so not easy to tell…normally take photos of our shape.  Nige called it 433.

Whatever it was, it was flexible with the players becoming more defensive or attacking to suit the situation. That’s what a team needs. They’ve got to think and react and not just leave it to the manager’s half time talk. A manager can only do so much. As soon as the ref’s whistle blows the players have to take responsibility and react to the situation 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Positive for me is us changing shape.

Been wanting us to do it for weeks - let’s see if he persists with it.

Think we can cause teams a lot of trouble with the overlapping, rotating, switching flanks etc as we did today - 2 banks of 3:

Weimann Wells Semenyo(Conway)

James Naismith Scott

EDIT - also Vyner and the spirit shown in the second half. 

Didn't we go to a back 4 against WBA too when losing?