IGNORED

FBC Podcast - Swansea [H] the verdict: unbeaten run extended to 3 games!

Curr Avon

17 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I don't believe we have any "game" I cannot fathom what they do all week in training as it's not evident on a Saturday.

If you feel we have a "game" and/or identity then fair play to you, I see very little of either.

Play through the lines? I've seen more evidence of hoofball than that.

We have very little if any width so how you can say we play down the sides I don't know.

We don't press as a unit and the Def, mid and att are so detached from each other they would need mobiles to communicate!

I know I'm a miserable old bastard but am totally fed up watching the same piss poor performances every week and the same old excuses trotted out by the manager

Just picking one bit - width - as an example.  We had loads and loads v Coventry (h), we had 40+ crosses that night.  We’ve had games leading up to the WC break where we couldn’t go through the middle so everything was through wide areas.  The fact that we were crap in our execution (Sykes and Dasilva the main protagonists! ?) doesn’t mean we didn’t play with width…which is what you’re claiming.  All three goals at Rotherham came from crosses, as did Wells’s goal v Stoke (h), as did Semenyo’s on Sunday.  How many crosses did we flash across the goal on Sunday?

I think you’ve got to a point where you aren’t gonna see anything in a good way.  That’s your prerogative.  I get that.

I agree that in some games we do bits of everything you say too, e.g. press like a bunch of individuals, but you’ve reached a point that one bad thing seems to tar you’re whole view.  That’s fine also.  It frustrates me too.  

It must be incredibly hard for you to watch and enjoy at the mo.  That’s not me criticising you either, just where I think you are at this moment in time (over a period).  We all go through it, not necessarily football either.  I hope it comes back.  It doesn’t make you any less of a City fan either.  Up the reds.

On 09/01/2023 at 13:29, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Thought Ian was a decent host to be fair. 

I agree. As a guest he’s seriously annoying but as a host I thought he did a good job. He was organised, well structured and let people speak. He also managed the background noise better than the usual host, although why people can’t get the grip of basic voice conference etiquette I don’t know!

One of the best episodes for a while I thought, let Ian host again.