IGNORED

Warnock wishes he could have managed us

ExiledAjax

Football Ramble interview with Neil Warnock has just come out. We get a mention or two and he really confirms that he both loves and hates us.

First of all he mentions the time that he told our fans that when he dies he wants us to chant that "Warnock is a w****r" at his funeral. Apparently "Bristol City, yeh they got to me". Presumably all to do with the Palace ghost goal, Cardiff etc etc. All well documented.

But then a little later on (about 30 minutes in) he's asked if there are any teams he wishes he could have managed - he says yes, Portsmouth, Ipswich, and Bristol City. Reckons we always get behind the team and says he'd have loved to manage us.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Exactly what we needed for years and years  -  a bastard of a man who knows football inside and out in charge. But never fitted into SL and JL’s Cosy Club ideals.   Too late now but imagine if we had had him instead of LJ, we would’ve gone up no doubt in my mind.   Ah well! 

Edited by lenred
  • Like 8
  • Flames 1

He certainly would have sussed and sorted Mark Ashton out that’s for sure!

Regrettably, the moment has gone for him to weave his magic spell with us. Aside, no doubt, from Ashton’s veto on any appointment, there were/are far too many limp-wristed supporters in our ranks when he was at/near his peak for him to have been a manager at The Gate. No longer a realistic option. 

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Well hes right. The palace games, Cardiff games. Both QPR matches when they won the title. All of those had very good atmospheres. Can't remember the games against Rotherham or Leeds too well though.

Rotherham was good for sure, Halford I think it was with appalling play acting got the crowd going somewhat. Night game, slight relegation clash as we were nearly safe but not quite there. Yeah I'd say it was probably decent from memory.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Well we play Warnock like football at the moment without the Warnock like results!

That's unfair, start of the season was great.

Thereafter we have at home anyway created enough to get better results in a few games, some good possession and shot numbers but the finishing has been appalling.

I think in the League we have scored at home 1 goal from 47 shots and in 3 and a half of those games had more of the ball and intent in maybe 2 and a games.

To say nothing of the penalty stuff.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

5 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Swear on a previous interview he said us & Sheffield Wednesday. Seems to have changed his mind on them then I guess.

I thought he said he would manage Sheffield Wednesday to get them relegated so he can laugh his head off for the rest of his life. 

To be honest I'd feel the same if I was a Manager and got the chance to manage Rovers.

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Football Ramble interview with Neil Warnock has just come out. We get a mention or two and he really confirms that he both loves and hates us.

First of all he mentions the time that he told our fans that when he dies he wants us to chant that "Warnock is a w****r" at his funeral. Apparently "Bristol City, yeh they got to me". Presumably all to do with the Palace ghost goal, Cardiff etc etc. All well documented.

But then a little later on (about 30 minutes in) he's asked if there are any teams he wishes he could have managed - he says yes, Portsmouth, Ipswich, and Bristol City. Reckons we always get behind the team and says he'd have loved to manage us.

perhaps now we've got his old CEO…:ph34r:

• Haha 1