IGNORED

U21s v Cardiff

Red Army 75

1 hour ago, Glen hump said:

Because he’s a professional and still taking a wage 

He is and I understand that but as I hinted to @Marina's Rolls Royceif the kid has got a move lined up, like it or not, he isn't going to do anything to risk that, professional taking a wage or not. I'm not as big a fan of Massengo as a lot of people on here but to be honest if my suspicions are correct and I was in the same boat as him I would be thinking that way tbh..............particularly if I was playing for some lower mid-table to relegation threated club somewhere in France that I have no real affinity to!!

Very few things in football are black and white and simplistic as you might think (such as he's a pro so he should put in 100% at all times), as fans we can only guess because we know sod all about what goes on behind the scenes. 

• Admin
5 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Given Cardiff had a very young team out, including a 16 year old keeper, a 15 year old, and several U18s, it was an embarrassing watch and result.

Well done to the Cardiff kids who had more about them than our "experienced" players.

What's intriguing about this is that Cardiff U18s played in the FA Youth Cup this evening 

16 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Whether it’s right or not HNM will go through the motions until he pisses off. It proves Nige is right not to pick him but I can also see it from the players point of view. Why bust a gut and jeopardise your next move?

It doesn't categorically prove that Nige is right not to pick him because we dont know what is going on behind the scenes. It doesn't feel like Massengo is playing for his place because it seems to me (without any insight, admittedly) that there is no place for Massengo even if he scored a double hat-trick in the U21s. Obviously I might be wrong, but objectively none of us appear to know the dynamic behind closed doors that has led to this.

Is Massengo frozen out? If so, did he deserve to be? None of us really know.

I completely agree that if DaSilva and Massengo were under the impression yesterday that they had a chance to earn a place in the 1st team, then they really should be busting a gut. I just find a lot of the freezing out of players confusing at the moment.

1 hour ago, mozo said:

It doesn't categorically prove that Nige is right not to pick him because we dont know what is going on behind the scenes. It doesn't feel like Massengo is playing for his place because it seems to me (without any insight, admittedly) that there is no place for Massengo even if he scored a double hat-trick in the U21s. Obviously I might be wrong, but objectively none of us appear to know the dynamic behind closed doors that has led to this.

Is Massengo frozen out? If so, did he deserve to be? None of us really know.

I completely agree that if DaSilva and Massengo were under the impression yesterday that they had a chance to earn a place in the 1st team, then they really should be busting a gut. I just find a lot of the freezing out of players confusing at the moment.

What confusing about the Massengo situation? He’s off, he’s not getting picked unless we have a massive injury crisis. People don’t have to agree with it but it’s not confusing.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Yep.

I assume they played their kids today.

Just for clarity, yes they did have an FA Youth Cup tie yesterday (u18s), but their team had quite a bit of experience in it for an u21s, bar the 16 year old keeper (who was excellent) and Mafico.

235F9BD7-4DE7-4840-8108-C0DBD3BCF878.thumb.jpeg.ed7e8b5ac3d7dbf6f8b1388c73f07393.jpeg

Ive added each player age to their line-up.

We are regularly playing 16/17 year olds, e.g. Morrison, Knight-Lebel, Meerholz, etc in our u21s.

Nige also says today that it was about getting minutes into some players legs.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

What confusing about the Massengo situation? He’s off, he’s not getting picked unless we have a massive injury crisis. People don’t have to agree with it but it’s not confusing.

You’re spot on, but I’d also add that with Weimann & Conway missing if he had been excellent yesterday there is every chance he would be in contention on Saturday but as he wasn’t he can have absolutely no complaints if he’s not.

• Like 1

• Admin
9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

You’re spot on, but I’d also add that with Weimann & Conway missing if he had been excellent yesterday there is every chance he would be in contention on Saturday but as he wasn’t he can have absolutely no complaints if he’s not.

I would say that the fact he never made the increased subs bench in the FA Cup was telling in itself

• Like 2
  • Robin 1