IGNORED

‘A Block Ultras’

OliOTIB

28 minutes ago, BigTone said:

You are 100% correct. It's not me not prepared to have the discussion though is it. What you identify is what is happening.  All for what you want but i for one respects others and believe there is a process to be followed.

Just be transparent then - at least allows a bit of discussion. I don’t see anyone disagreeing that there needs to be a process?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Just be transparent then - at least allows a bit of discussion. I don’t see anyone disagreeing that there needs to be a process?

You dont ? Why then is there no process in place ?

Please identify any dialogue you are having with the club in this regard. I doubt there is any but please confirm otherwise.

Edited by BigTone

38 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Condos is an American term that refers to  “ a unit in a multiunit structure (such as an apartment building) or on land owned in common (such as a town house complex)” Is this post a version of the famous Unan post? 

Sorry I'm drunk. Simply was trying to say far play for A block for making an effort to make an atmosphere. I will do more English research next time before posting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

54 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

Sorry I'm drunk. Simply was trying to say far play for A block for making an effort to make an atmosphere. I will do more English research next time before posting.

Seems you enjoyed hospitality a bit too much today ?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

You must have had a great view of Bells disallowed goal - was it offside from your perspective ?

Yep. I thought it looked like Bell was just beyond the full back, but I wasn’t sure if there was another defender in the middle playing him on as I was too busy watching the pass through. 

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Please identify any dialogue you are having with the club in this regard. I doubt there is any but please confirm otherwise.

I’m nothing to do with it, when I attend I sit in a totally different part of the stadium! I just think your sniping is a bit petty and needless.

• Like 1

I’m in B block and whilst I’m all for the attempt to generate a bit more atmosphere I didn’t think today was as good as last week- may be due to a slower performance 1st half I guess 

Most activity seemed to focus around chucking someone’s hat about and singing how much of a sh1tehole Blackburn is

Am looking forward to next Saturday though as assume many more tickets will have been bought by those looking to make a move there longer term and the large amount from WBA should hopefully liven things up a bit more too

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, 54-46 said:

I’m in B block and whilst I’m all for the attempt to generate a bit more atmosphere I didn’t think today was as good as last week- may be due to a slower performance 1st half I guess 

Most activity seemed to focus around chucking someone’s hat about and singing how much of a sh1tehole Blackburn is

Am looking forward to next Saturday though as assume many more tickets will have been bought by those looking to make a move there longer term and the large amount from WBA should hopefully liven things up a bit more too

Also the fact there was only 1k blackburn fans, and they were stuck in the middle of the stand. No back and forth to enlighten the mood aha.

3 hours ago, BigTone said:

I wonder if anyone that is part of the A block ultras is actually on the forum. Most people on the forum seem upwards of 40 and the average in A block is probably 16 - they probably don't even know this forum exists to answer your questions @BigTone.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Harry said:

Yep. I’m not in any way slagging off the move to A Block. I’m all for it and always have been. Just saying that our stadium can be a bit weird at times in terms of what you can and can’t hear depending on where you are. 
I’m pretty much equidistant to A Block and S82, but both the last 2 games I’ve only heard S82. 
Which again is odd, because for the previous few games prior to that, there was nothing coming from S82 at all! It’s all very odd! 

You’re right since the E34 location of singers s82 has become much louder and maybe see it as a challenge, I sit 2 blocks away from s82 defiantly louder then usual last 2 games, that said songs are spreading there is a group of guys in s24/25 who are staring songs regularly and they’re getting louder also. Long May it continue. COYR. 

39 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I wonder if anyone that is part of the A block ultras is actually on the forum. Most people on the forum seem upwards of 40 and the average in A block is probably 16 - they probably don't even know this forum exists to answer your questions @BigTone.

How widely read, known, representative this place is who knows but it might be worth trying to get someone from there onto here to debate the issues, answer a few qs and try to.assuage concerns or similar of other fans.

11 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

How widely read, known, representative this place is who knows but it might be worth trying to get someone from there onto here to debate the issues, answer a few qs and try to.assuage concerns or similar of other fans.

I guess the juxtaposition to this is why would they give a shit? This place is (at a guess) 30, opinionated, mainly blokes, that are upwards of 40 years old that chat to each other on what is somewhat outdated medium with probably another 100 or so chipping in and maybe a thousand watching when something interesting happens like a manager getting sacked/player being bought/sold.

IMHO if anyone really wants to ask them questions they should go and ask them questions where they are (twitter, Instagram, Facebook ect) not bekon them to us like we are the royal OTIB. Especially as the concerns (valid as they are) seem to being raised by small minority that haven't been affected some of which don't even go to games - I'm not sure what the outcome would be, probably something like "officially they don't want to upset the existing people in the A block and don't support people entering without a ticket but they don't control everyone entering the A block, that's a club matter who they let in"?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Quite enjoyed it since they've buggered off. S82 singing more traditional songs rather than the 'ultra songs'

Have to say that from my perspective (moany old git sat mid way between the two) all the noise and atmosphere yesterday came from S82. I didn’t hear anything from A block - it just seemed like a bunch of people determined to stand up. 

I’m not sure how you define ‘traditional’ and ‘ultra’ songs, but for me the support from S82 yesterday was much more what I’d define as ‘ultra’ - support for the club and its players as opposed to endless dreary songs goading opposing fans. And all the better for it. S82 was really good yesterday. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I guess the juxtaposition to this is why would they give a shit? This place is (at a guess) 30, opinionated, mainly blokes, that are upwards of 40 years old that chat to each other on what is somewhat outdated medium with probably another 100 or so chipping in and maybe a thousand watching when something interesting happens like a manager getting sacked/player being bought/sold.

IMHO if anyone really wants to ask them questions they should go and ask them questions where they are (twitter, Instagram, Facebook ect) not bekon them to us like we are the royal OTIB. Especially as the concerns (valid as they are) seem to being raised by small minority that haven't been affected some of which don't even go to games - I'm not sure what the outcome would be, probably something like "officially they don't want to upset the existing people in the A block and don't support people entering without a ticket but they don't control everyone entering the A block, that's a club matter who they let in"?

Fully their choice, although.

Well I seem to recall a few years back there was a BCFCS82 account or similar. A second one too maybe?

I take your point, it is one forum and obviously official line will say the right things and intend the right things, but a wider dialogue given the Birmingham game could be useful.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Too much bickering going on we’re all city fans together and I like what the youth are doing , after all they are the majority and also the future ( was stated at meeting at hen and chicken that we have 9000 under 18 season ticket holders ) if these lads want to relocate and seats are available then that’s it they can so let’s leave it at that ,smile about it and even join in you never know you may like it COYR 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Too much bickering going on we’re all city fans together and I like what the youth are doing , after all they are the majority and also the future ( was stated at meeting at hen and chicken that we have 9000 under 18 season ticket holders ) if these lads want to relocate and seats are available then that’s it they can so let’s leave it at that ,smile about it and even join in you never know you may like it COYR 

9000 under 18 season ticket holders? 
i find that astonishing if that’s correct? 
not knocking it at all by the way 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mightyreds89 said:

You’re right since the E34 location of singers s82 has become much louder and maybe see it as a challenge, I sit 2 blocks away from s82 defiantly louder then usual last 2 games, that said songs are spreading there is a group of guys in s24/25 who are staring songs regularly and they’re getting louder also. Long May it continue. COYR. 

Pardon I can’t hear you ???.    I’m here all week 

18 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

9000 under 18 season ticket holders? 
i find that astonishing if that’s correct? 
not knocking it at all by the way 

Thought it was 6k, but if its 9k then all the better - wouldn't that out number regular SC holders ?

20 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Condos is an American term that refers to  “ a unit in a multiunit structure (such as an apartment building) or on land owned in common (such as a town house complex)” Is this post a version of the famous Unan post? 

He clearly meant “Kouros” the aftershave that was big in the 90s. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, italian dave said:

Have to say that from my perspective (moany old git sat mid way between the two) all the noise and atmosphere yesterday came from S82. I didn’t hear anything from A block - it just seemed like a bunch of people determined to stand up. 

I’m not sure how you define ‘traditional’ and ‘ultra’ songs, but for me the support from S82 yesterday was much more what I’d define as ‘ultra’ - support for the club and its players as opposed to endless dreary songs goading opposing fans. And all the better for it. S82 was really good yesterday. 

I possibly sit a bit nearer "A block" - in the old "C block". I could hear a definite improvement in noise levels. 

17 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

C39F33DD-52D3-4D7E-B631-8F62B1871210.png

Tallies with what I heard last week - that the club are far more amenable to this than some would think and expect. The club just want it done safely and fairly and within the rules and regulations.

3 hours ago, Magger1 said:

9000 under 18 season ticket holders

I've heard differently and separately from the Club that we have numbers as below.

Screenshot_20230122-164638.png

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Magger1 said:

'Over 3.5k U.19 & U.12, season tickets sold', though that's still a very healthy number imo.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/young-season-tickets-in-demand/

37 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Tallies with what I heard last week - that the club are far more amenable to this than some would think and expect. The club just want it done safely and fairly and within the rules and regulations.

I've heard differently and separately from the Club that we have numbers as below.

Screenshot_20230122-164638.png

"The club are far more amenable to this than some would think and expect. The club just want it done safely and fairly and within the rules and regulations"

Exactly what I was told yesterday by a key decision maker at the club. General recognition that initiatives like this are welcome and they are happy to work with fans. But safety will always be paramount, and existing ST holders have to be considered too.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 2

10 minutes ago, Dave L said:

"The club are far more amenable to this than some would think and expect. The club just want it done safely and fairly and within the rules and regulations"

Exactly what I was told yesterday by a key decision maker at the club. General recognition that initiatives like this are welcome and they are happy to work with fans. But safety will always be paramount, and existing ST holders have to be considered too.

I suspect we heard from the same key person.

It's good to hear that a dialogue has begun.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dave L said:

38 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I suspect we heard from the same key person.

It's good to hear that a dialogue has begun.

I would be interested to know, given some of my past concerns which I hope were misplaced, would the SGSA and to a greater extent SAG be on board?

The former have often seemed more enlightened than the SAG in this city or would this still be subject to further haggling/approval from SAG in particular.