IGNORED

‘A Block Ultras’

OliOTIB

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I would be interested to know, given some of my past concerns which I hope were misplaced, would the SGSA and to a greater extent SAG be on board?

The former have often seemed more enlightened than the SAG in this city or would this still be subject to further haggling/approval from SAG in particular.

Take "the Club" to mean all relevant bodies. The SAG are more amenable than you may expect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Club and Country said:

9000 under 18 season ticket holders? 
i find that astonishing if that’s correct? 
not knocking it at all by the way 

Ok don’t shoot messenger guys , we were told this at the meeting upstairs in hen and chicken just before Christmas and this was quoted by richard Gould -great if correct as I said they are the future 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Tallies with what I heard last week - that the club are far more amenable to this than some would think and expect. The club just want it done safely and fairly and within the rules and regulations.

I've heard differently and separately from the Club that we have numbers as below.

Screenshot_20230122-164638.png

Sorry again folks I checked my notes it was 4000 under 12-19s 1000 under 22-25s and 6500 adult so totally wrong but hold my hands up I thought it was 25s down 9000 ? :laugh:

• Like 2

Nigel Pearson on the Dolman Stand controversy

Here's what he said following the controversy last week regarding the supporters in the Dolman Stand: "My understanding and knowledge of that subject doesn't have a great deal of depth to it. I am aware there has been talk about it but all I can say is I think the atmosphere today (Saturday) was very positive.

"I think the crowd got behind the team very well and have done of late so I don't know the ins and outs of that as a discussion but I will try and update myself on that and try and inform myself a little more and the next time we speak, I will probably have a bit more of an understanding."

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Henry said:

Anyone checked on @BigTone? He seems to have disappeared…

By his own admission, as long as it's being gone about in the right way with respect for fellow supporters, there's nothing he can critique as he claimed they were his only issues with it. 

I am pleasantly surprised that the organisers are liaising with the club. I had a bad feeling they wouldn't and things would abruptly fizzle out. Good for them. 

• Like 4

I stand/sit on the very right hand edge of the safe standing section, so my perspective of the sound around the ground is skewed by my proximity to S82, so it's difficult to comment on the overall atmosphere, but I do have a view on that section.

The first week of the move it was down in numbers but those left gave it a good go and it was pretty loud. 

On Saturday the numbers seemed to be closer to normal, to the extent that a couple of people passed me to go further down the row and came back because there was no space. I also had an Asian couple next to me who seemed to be tourists. I am not sure how this happened as I thought the club didn't allow one off ticket sales in that section?

The noise was excellent, not only from Section 82, but also from the section to my left, who were both joining in with the S82 songs, but starting their own and having those taken up by S82 which hasn't been the case in the past.

The atmosphere was really good and even the steward next to me, who was really chatty, friendly and seemed to be turning a blind eye to the fact that the standing was spreading across the rear of the seated area, commented on how good it was.

I think there is definitely a case for extending the safe standing across the back of the South Stand, maybe the last 6-8 rows? That would definitely spread the sound around the ground, although I suppose coordinating songs etc might be harder.

• Like 3

All I can say is that it was nice to see the end block of the Dolman full up. From my seat in the South Stand B21 I couldn’t hear much specifically from E34 but that’s possibly more to do with how the sound travelled. As long as the Atyeo could hear it, that’s all that matters really. 
I missed the Brum game so can’t comment on that. 
Fair play to the fans taking the initiative ?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think there is definitely a case for extending the safe standing across the back of the South Stand, maybe the last 6-8 rows? That would definitely spread the sound around the ground, although I suppose coordinating songs etc might be harder.

Yes I think that’ll be the best option, doesn’t obscure anyone’s view of the pitch but a proper consultation with existing STHs would have to take place first.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I stand/sit on the very right hand edge of the safe standing section, so my perspective of the sound around the ground is skewed by my proximity to S82, so it's difficult to comment on the overall atmosphere, but I do have a view on that section.

The first week of the move it was down in numbers but those left gave it a good go and it was pretty loud. 

On Saturday the numbers seemed to be closer to normal, to the extent that a couple of people passed me to go further down the row and came back because there was no space. I also had an Asian couple next to me who seemed to be tourists. I am not sure how this happened as I thought the club didn't allow one off ticket sales in that section?

The noise was excellent, not only from Section 82, but also from the section to my left, who were both joining in with the S82 songs, but starting their own and having those taken up by S82 which hasn't been the case in the past.

The atmosphere was really good and even the steward next to me, who was really chatty, friendly and seemed to be turning a blind eye to the fact that the standing was spreading across the rear of the seated area, commented on how good it was.

We must be very close together. Oooo

• Robin 1

You would like to think that a CEO that was involved with Palace would be keen on fan initiatives and creating an atmosphere. 

The Block A thing is working ok right now, but you can see issues with the club either requiring additional stewarding or having to reduce it elsewhere to cope. 

I just hope that the minority don't use the move as subterfuge, it will only take one unsavoury in incident for the club to take action.

• Like 2

On 26/01/2023 at 17:28, Magger1 said:

What ever happened to fans taking in air horns , great for atmosphere B93AED88-A2B4-490C-9217-300D70E4B24C.jpeg.ac598c325dd16ef70bd2a33243d29799.jpeg

Seriously...it's the worst thing for creating an atmosphere . It's just brain dead innate noise, for the sake of noise.

It's like sitting in front of a radio with white noise and saying...wow what an atmosphere. 

Seriously I couldn't think of anything worse. 

I'm honestly intrigued...why would anyone think noise from a high pressurised air container, would make for a good atmosphere? 

Just for you...10 hours of it. ??

• Like 1

23 hours ago, spudski said:

Seriously...it's the worst thing for creating an atmosphere . It's just brain dead innate noise, for the sake of noise.

It's like sitting in front of a radio with white noise and saying...wow what an atmosphere. 

Seriously I couldn't think of anything worse. 

I'm honestly intrigued...why would anyone think noise from a high pressurised air container, would make for a good atmosphere? 

Just for you...10 hours of it. ??

What a boring bastard you sound obviously never about in old days these were the toy for the boys but as I said not for the prawn sandwich brigade 

• Sad 1