IGNORED

‘A Block Ultras’

cheddarwedlocker

26 minutes ago, Packman said:

Did S82 ask to be put in that corner? I very much doubt it, they've been moved to all corners of the ground over the years. I get the feeling this is where the club wanted to put them.

I agree with you that the ‘singing section’ (for want of a better description) seems to have moved or been moved all over the place in recent years. I guess the redevelopment didn’t help.

But I don’t think there’s any conspiracy about why they are in that corner now. It was in no small part about standing, and an area they could make standing without problems with neighbouring blocks. And where they could do so without upsetting long standing ‘residents’ like @Ska Junkie - because there are no long standing residents of the corners. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

With all possible respect, we've sat in the same seats with (mostly) the same people for 46 years, why should we move?

S82 were given the corner, which was asked for and given, moving those that sat there previously and now the same thing again. What happens when they want to move again?

Had a chat with dad about this and he won't bother again if this happened after over 65 years and the same for me without dad. He has sat behind the same bloke since we moved in the first division days, a personal friend now.

If the club decide to do this, so be it. I'm not criticising just posting an alternative position.

It’s not just you that will be affected if standing is allowed in E34. Many in your block will have to stand up when play is in  Atyeo / Dolman corner. This then will have  a domino affect along the whole stand, resulting in farcical bobbing up and down. It’s a crazy decision if true 

• Like 2

• SC&T Board Members
2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Is adding rails 'structural' BR? I've no idea.

Yes. Rails are structures.

I also believe that the rows in the Dolman are too narrow to facilitate a replica of the installation on the deeper rows in the S82 corner. The space left between rails and seats on the narrow Dolman Stand rows is highly unlikely to comply with the safety regulations for standing.

I can't see anything happening there before summer '24.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

I also believe that the rows in the Dolman are too narrow to facilitate a replica of the installation on the deeper rows in the S82 corner. The space left between rails and seats on the narrow Dolman Stand rows is highly unlikely to comply with the safety regulations for standing.

That’s a good point. Put a rail in front of my seat in the Dolman and there wouldn’t be room to stand up even if you wanted to! And some of my larger neighbours would need to be prised out at the end of a game. 

• Haha 2

• Admin
15 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

Good to see this is all just Chinese Whispers, out of interest @Blagdon red what is happening in "Summer '24"?

24 minutes ago, italian dave said:

That’s a good point. Put a rail in front of my seat in the Dolman and there wouldn’t be room to stand up even if you wanted to! And some of my larger neighbours would need to be prised out at the end of a game. 

Stop them leaving early….I like the plan!

• Haha 3

• SC&T Board Members
1 hour ago, phantom said:

Good to see this is all just Chinese Whispers, out of interest @Blagdon red what is happening in "Summer '24"?

Possibly nothing. What I meant is that IF anything is done structurally to accommodate standers in E34, I can't see it happening before next summer. That gives time to plan, consult, relocate, etc. But even if it's agreed that it might be desirable to have standing fans in that block, the restraints posed by the narrowness of the rows and the fact there would be seated fans in the directly adjacent block whose view would be impacted will make finding a suitable solution a big challenge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On a different point, how strict is the stewarding on getting into S82 these days? I sit in S23 and just before kick off three teenage girls came up and sat by me. Soon they were on their phones and waving to mates in S82.

Then they left and were next seen walking up the steps to S82 to be with friends when they obviously shouldnt have. 

10 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

What happened to this?

gone from what looked like a really busy block last season to non existent (from what I could see) on Saturday?

Strange one, have the club blocked ticket sales in this block? I know their was conflict between existing ticket holders and those trying to move their last season.

I’ve noticed you can’t buy tickets for that area for any of the upcoming home games, it’s just greyed out and I can’t imagine it’s sold out. 

5 minutes ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

On a different point, how strict is the stewarding on getting into S82 these days? I sit in S23 and just before kick off three teenage girls came up and sat by me. Soon they were on their phones and waving to mates in S82.

Then they left and were next seen walking up the steps to S82 to be with friends when they obviously shouldnt have. 

Hi there,

I work for the Bristol Post and would love to do a feature on this horrifying ordeal. Would you be free for an interview once you've got over this traumatic experience?

Many thanks,

Randy

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

1 minute ago, ollywhyte said:

Strange one, have the club blocked ticket sales in this block? I know their was conflict between existing ticket holders and those trying to move their last season.

I’ve noticed you can’t buy tickets for that area for any of the upcoming home games, it’s just greyed out and I can’t imagine it’s sold out. 

Yeah it looks like that’s what they are doing!

our club do everything to try and make AG as sterile as possible ?‍♂️

46 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

What happened to this?

gone from what looked like a really busy block last season to non existent (from what I could see) on Saturday?

34 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

31 minutes ago, Whitchurch said:

Is this just for League games as it appears to be showing for me as available for Wednesday- but that said I haven't made a purchase yet.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

44 minutes ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

Obviously all in dolman stopping us getting to our seats! ?

43 minutes ago, Whitchurch said:

OR, it just might be the club protecting the rights of supporters who have sat there, some for many years from other supporters who are only there to stand and goad opposition supporters.....

Just saying....

• Like 5

There was a small section of what looked like 16 yr olds in there on Saturday pissing off ST holders behind them with constant standing and general arrogance believing they can do whatever they wanted. Once their smuggled in cans of haze had been confiscated when off seeing their mates at half time, they came back got their coats and went off somewhere else, assuming they went to S82 instead.

4 minutes ago, Mayes86 said:

There was a small section of what looked like 16 yr olds in there on Saturday pissing off ST holders behind them with constant standing and general arrogance believing they can do whatever they wanted. Once their smuggled in cans of haze had been confiscated when off seeing their mates at half time, they came back got their coats and went off somewhere else, assuming they went to S82 instead.

Doesn't say much for the searching outside with hand held wands and all, if cans which are metal, can be smuggled in!

Personally I thought the Dolman A block lads  helped lift the home atmosphere . Was more raucous at times, our performances in the pitch were better too , so could be a case of both factors helping out.

I guess the E34 block was also noticeable when we were expecting a big /sold out  away following - this is where it really helped crank up the noise. Didn’t have that on Saturday.

Hopefully the lads can get back there to have a go at the away fans, without annoying those who are regular ST holders In that block ..

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Doesn't say much for the searching outside with hand held wands and all, if cans which are metal, can be smuggled in!

It’s as they don’t use them properly, I’ve flagged it before to the club when the terrorist attack happened in liverpool and you are just met the reply of

”police are happy with this” etc 

I could quite easily take whatever into the ground, I’ve even offered to prove this to the club before but funnily enough they never are happy to take the offer up. 

Edited by Wedontplayinblue
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, bcfc ry said:

Some new songs are in order as well! Our old out dated 1 or 2 songs don’t hit like they probably did in 1999. Other teams are so creative these days and bring some top draw chants but, our effort feels increasingly poor in comparison …

I am sure we will do our version of those other teams' versions in due course ...

• Haha 1

• Admin
On 20/04/2023 at 00:23, OliOTIB said:

Just to clarify, the word about rails being installed was me PRIVATELY messaging the owner of the ‘ABLOCK’ instagram. His exact words were, and I quote ‘Rails getting put in’ suggesting the obvious. He has also suggested that the group have had several meetings with the club regarding this. This is not official news.

Out of interest did you hear what changed?