IGNORED

new CEO on Radio Bristol

Never to the dark side

11 minutes ago, mozo said:

Sleeping giant. Unlock potential. Tough times. Spend within our means. Sustainability. Yes of course I'll come on the show again sometime [then doesn't].

Or, building on good work behind the scenes already done, increasing revenue generation, improving club shop sales, scope for improvement.

Perhaps we should listen before being so cynically dismissive of someone we don't know anything about?

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Or, building on good work behind the scenes already done, increasing revenue generation, improving club shop sales, scope for improvement.

Perhaps we should listen before being so cynically dismissive of someone we don't know anything about?

You both forgot “thank you to the Lansdown family”. 
Seriously, I’m hoping we’ll see more professionalism and a vision of what it really takes to get to the prem or sell the club (from someone who has sone both elsewhere). 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

You both forgot “thank you to the Lansdown family”. 
Seriously, I’m hoping we’ll see more professionalism and a vision of what it really takes to get to the prem or sell the club (from someone who has sone both elsewhere). 

And you haven't seen any of this under Richard Gould?

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think it’s very timely (bordering on a bit late), but good that he’s speaking whilst in handover territory.

I don't think I agree on the timing, thinking of it from a business perspective employees are usually told about a new guy coming in, but it's usually only the top levels they interact with on a daily basis during a handover period. 

The first time the rest of the staff may hear from them might be at conferences, video chats, over interactions after they have taken the role on permanently. 

For him to come forward too soon could have undermined RG in the last week's of his role.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't think I agree on the timing, thinking of it from a business perspective employees are usually told about a new guy coming in, but it's usually only the top levels they interact with on a daily basis during a handover period. 

The first time the rest of the staff may hear from them might be at conferences, video chats, over interactions after they have taken the role on permanently. 

For him to come forward too soon could have undermined RG in the last week's of his role.

Interesting take PSR.

Will be interesting to hear what he has to say.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Quite right. 

RG has done an excellent repair job after inheriting the mess created by Smarmy Ashton and the new guy will take over a well run organisation.

He’ll have a wealth of knowledge of the football industry built up in the years he was Palace and bring his negotiation skills - he probably knows numerous agents by their first names.

Rumour is that Alexander’s  name  was put forward by Richard Scudamore and if that’s true then that’s quite a recommendation.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, mozo said:

Sleeping giant. Unlock potential. Tough times. Spend within our means. Sustainability. Yes of course I'll come on the show again sometime [then doesn't].

Really harsh.

Just because Ashton was a *** doesn’t mean everyone else is.

Gould didn’t have his finest hour in the interview when Pearson was absent with COVID, but I have genuinely believed everything that he’s said & think he’s been a force for good.

I’m going to judge this new bloke on his actions, not his predecessors.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Improving club shop sales should be easy. Just bloody keep items in stock

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Really harsh.

Just because Ashton was a *** doesn’t mean everyone else is.

Gould didn’t have his finest hour in the interview when Pearson was absent with COVID, but I have genuinely believed everything that he’s said & think he’s been a force for good.

I’m going to judge this new bloke on his actions, not his predecessors.

It's only harsh if I'm wrong! At least wait for the interview then tell me I'm wrong.

31 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

Pretty much anyone can predict anything that any player or CEO etc will say. They get PR training from in house PR staff who are employed for that reason. You’re not mystic Meg 

Which was exactly my point

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I reckon it's more likely to be a couple of different bids for Scott and Semenyo and maybe one for Bentley.

He definitely said ' for 4 or 5 players'  - GT asked if those included Scott and Semenyo and RG waffled around a bit and basically said yes without actually saying the word yes!

He also said players will go if the valuations are met.

Obvious I know -  but Nige hasn't gone that far yet.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mozo said:

Candidate for City player of the season. I can't believe I just said that, but it's true.

I was next to him in cafe Nero in town at the start of the season and said, somewhat creatively.....“have a good season, Zak”.

I think I’m probably partly responsible for his upturn in form. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 8
  • Robin 3