IGNORED

Not a penalty, but…

formerly known as ivan

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Think we had the ref on our side for when Wells scored. Seen it a few times now, first thought it was shoulder to shoulder but the more I see it the more convinced I am that Wells trips the defender. Clever play maybe.

It that goal is scored against us we’d be fuming the free kick wasn’t given.

Watching With a mate who is neutral and he said that’s a foul. I’m surprised it wasn’t given really

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Has anyone seen a replay of their second goal? He looked miles offside.

Did to me too, was very surprised at the lack of complaints. Expect there would have been far more if it was 2-1 at the time.

Thought it was a clear push by Wells for the second, to be fair, too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Did to me too, was very surprised at the lack of complaints. Expect there would have been far more if it was 2-1 at the time.

Thought it was a clear push by Wells for the second, to be fair, too.

The lino was nowhere near in line. I was sure he was a few yards offside.

9 minutes ago, Super said:

The lino was nowhere near in line. I was sure he was a few yards offside.

Yes felt both offside and push . But hey take it when goes our way. And yeah felt the referee let the game flow  and bestcseen in a while. Which does not say much for normal dross referees 

• Like 1

I was amazed it wasn't given as a FK, we haven't got that sort of "rub of the green" for an age. I didn't even celebrate to start as I was that sure it was going to be brought back.  I thought the Ref was ok for most of the game then went back to factory setting for the last 15 mins.

I would have been gutted if they'd scored that and the Ref hadn't cancelled it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I was amazed it wasn't given as a FK, we haven't got that sort of "rub of the green" for an age. I didn't even celebrate to start as I was that sure it was going to be brought back.  I thought the Ref was ok for most of the game then went back to factory setting for the last 15 mins.

I would have been gutted if they'd scored that and the Ref hadn't cancelled it.

Yeah same. I was holding my breath thinking 'are we sure'...fortunately this one for once went our way! I didn't celebrate until I was absolutely sure though.

• Like 1

If you watch it, Long isn’t really too aware of where the ball or Wells is.  He’s on a yellow already and knows if he dives he might get a second yellow.  Wells has done little wrong imho, leant into him and he was poorly balanced.  I’m sure some refs give a free kick, but I think it was fine.

Definite penalty.

Thought ref made some very poor decisions throughout.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Super said:

Has anyone seen a replay of their second goal? He looked miles offside.

Nah i didn’t think so. 
From where I was it appeared we had a disjointed back line. Tanner was high, Vyner high, but Atkinson was deeper and I think played him onside. 
Just one of those switch off moments where the ball was turned over and quickly played forward and we were out of shape 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BS13 Robin said:

Long was the only Birmingham player to appeal for it as well,which would normally tell you it wasnt a foul

I think that was more to do with it looking shoulder to shoulder at the time. Watching it again Nahki definitely trips him. Not that we care mind you!

Anyone think the complaint to the FA could have played any part in the refs thinking? I guess this is the sort of thing we wanted out of it, putting the pressure on official to give us more favourable decisions.

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I think that was more to do with it looking shoulder to shoulder at the time. Watching it again Nahki definitely trips him. Not that we care mind you!

Anyone think the complaint to the FA could have played any part in the refs thinking? I guess this is the sort of thing we wanted out of it, putting the pressure on official to give us more favourable decisions.

Yeah you could be right looking at it again.

9 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Having seen the highlights their lad looks comfortably onside.

Wells one can go either way but good to get one of those. 

Yep watching it back he looked onside. Lino still lucky as he was nowhere  near in line.