IGNORED

Scott substitution

Rocking Red Cyril

1 minute ago, Dr Balls said:

And he didn’t have a particularly great game either. Willians coming on in his place had a real impact.

Just now, Gazred said:

Sensible sub. He'd done his work. Think he's fine. Classy performance today.

Love how differently we all see performances. I felt he did ok today kept trying to make things happen going forward. Williams did add a more solid compact mode to the midfield when it was needed in the game. As I saw it anyway. A top team performance I was really not expecting before the game. Well done lads and NP

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

He was getting a bit niggly and involved in things. I thought he was taken off to avoid getting a yellow or red card. 

Exactly.

Plus a fit and raring to go Williams would give us a boost.

1 minute ago, James54De said:

Didn’t seem particularly happy at being taken off either. 

Because he was getting a bit ratty in the game and still pissy when he went off.

Good to see.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Sensible sub. He'd done his work. Think he's fine. Classy performance today.

Exactly!  He played very well today. What amazes me is our expectancy that the bloke will be head and shoulders above everyone else and people then say he didn’t play well. Sigh. Probably our best player since the 70s. 

2 minutes ago, James54De said:

Didn’t seem particularly happy at being taken off either. 

That’s good. 

Two big games coming up!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr Balls said:

And he didn’t have a particularly great game either. Willians coming on in his place had a real impact.

Williams did okay, but the idea that he made a big improvement is wide of the mark.  Scott's so much better than him.

I'd expect to see James on the bench on Tuesday with Williams, Scott and Naismith starting.  That probably explains the subs more than anything.  

Edited by The Bard

2 hours ago, marcofisher said:

Not sure what you were watching, instrumental in our first goal and Brum struggled to get near him on the ball. 

Thought he ran parts of the game today, although he gave away stupid fouls.  We got a bit stodgy towards the end of the first half when he started drifting left and blocked Pring’s channel, but I thought he had a decent game.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thought he ran parts of the game today, although he gave away stupid fouls.  We got a bit stodgy towards the end of the first half when he started drifting left and blocked Pring’s channel, but I thought he had a decent game.

Thanks @Davefevs. Scott started the game well but became less and less effective as the first half continued, and having to compete with Bacuna, with there being far more threat down the right with Sykes and Tanner. And in the second half, Scott looked tired and at risk of getting yet another yellow card before he was subbed. So yes by his standards, not one of his best games, although at the risk of more brickbats I would also suggest that his form more generally has dipped a bit compared to earlier in the season. Not surprising in a young player, as his early season form was exceptional, but he is still a class act.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

He was getting frustrated with the Ref (who gave him nothing all game), and gave some soft fouls for Brum.

Good player management from Nige.

Scott gets a lot of yellows, no need for a suspension. Plus Williams freshened things up at the right time.

He was checked off the ball twice in 5 mins second half after laying the ball off to Semenyo and making a run for the return. Was very frustrated.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think he played three sloppy passes which probably stuck in people's minds. One was that low side foot cross which went straight to the keeper. Also a couple of through balls that he got wrong on the counter. 

9 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

He was checked off the ball twice in 5 mins second half after laying the ball off to Semenyo and making a run for the return. Was very frustrated.

Spot on, Hogan also threw an elbow at him off the ball to try to stop him breaking forward once.

Seemed to be limping after one “challenge” about 5 minutes before he was subbed & definitely losing his cool a bit became he was clearly being singled out for treatment.

Very logical substitution.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Thought he was subbed off at the right time. Nothing wrong with his performance until coming off until he got agitated, where it became obvious to take him off to manage fitness and for man management. 

• Like 1