IGNORED

Nigel Pearson

Red Army 75

8 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Don’t totally disagree, but iirc we’ll still get a fairly chunky bit of compensation @Davefevs), even more so if he goes abroad which he more than likely will?

It would definitely be better to get that compensation in than pay his wages for no output. 

I'll state the obvious... given the situation we could do with this happening in this window!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Bard said:

The good reason is there are at least 4 better proven Championship players ahead of him plus an old head who covers gaps and 2 promising players being given opportunities. If we were desperately short of players he'd play but we're not.

I see virtually no detriment to him being left out. It's the same argument with Bentley. If we kept playing him after the aberration at Birmingham it would make no sense as he's clearly leaving. We're finding out that Max is up to this level IMO

Funnily enough if I had to describe Joe Williams this season, I'd say there's a player in there but he's too inconsistent. Which is exactly how people describe Massengo.

At times I'd rather have had Massengo on the pitch than Williams.

But we all see it differently. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Vidal said:

No not really. I think he has proven to be a really poor signing. An excellent first month which has been followed by a string of poor performances with the odd good game thrown in. Poor decision making time and time again, spends far too long on the ball, positionally all over the place….hasn’t worked out.

Massengo has never been an established first team player, and no, they won’t get treated equally, the fact you think this shows your naivity.

That’s a very unbalanced view, just painting a picture of all the negatives.  I get he’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but there are a list of positives too.

Generally - I think there is far too much focus on “end product”, binary metrics like goals and assists.  His game is about so much more than this.

But I’ve written these counter arguments so many times.

OTIB is full on end-sided arguments, usually on the negative side

Massengo - positionally all over the place (could not be our biggest interceptor?)

James - a slug, immobile (could he not be positionally aware?)

Don’t get me wrong, data doesn’t prove everything, but it highlights a lot of bias / unconscious bias.

BC402E10-8C5A-4FCC-9EEF-4EC3C59ADF0C.thumb.jpeg.de7debade28ae60ac4a7f325c07f1f29.jpeg

D06B7D55-2EB4-4A6D-933C-554B20ED4848.thumb.jpeg.7fa0bae2fafed0cc66340eb77fff615e.jpeg

These are just 2 pics / 16 metrics that show more about what each City Midfielder brings in different areas.  I think we miss a lot of what a player brings because we enjoy the negative narrative.

I think he’s got good ability, mixed in with poor bits of his game…he’s mixed, he’s inconsistent.

He’s twenty-effing-one! ???

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That’s a very unbalanced view, just painting a picture of all the negatives.  I get he’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but there are a list of positives too.

Generally - I think there is far too much focus on “end product”, binary metrics like goals and assists.  His game is about so much more than this.

Massengo - positionally all over the place (could not be our biggest interceptor?)

Don’t get me wrong, data doesn’t prove everything, but it highlights a lot of bias / unconscious bias.

BC402E10-8C5A-4FCC-9EEF-4EC3C59ADF0C.thumb.jpeg.de7debade28ae60ac4a7f325c07f1f29.jpeg

D06B7D55-2EB4-4A6D-933C-554B20ED4848.thumb.jpeg.7fa0bae2fafed0cc66340eb77fff615e.jpeg

These are just 2 pics / 16 metrics that show more about what each City Midfielder brings in different areas.  I think we miss a lot of what a player brings because we enjoy the negative narrative.

I think he’s got good ability, mixed in with poor bits of his game…he’s mixed, he’s inconsistent.

A huge disappointment. 

14 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

This is the one thing I am frustrated with NP over, maybe if it was the 100 games scenario it would be more palatable.

I know opinions are mixed, but I rate HNM and would loved to have seen our midfield develop with him and Alex, as our best run of results this season was with Han in the team.

Sure someone will come back with how many goals or assists does he have, Han is probably the best player we have at interceptions and very rarely gives the ball away cheaply and gets us moving forward

I am disappointed the way its paned out and sure will go on to be a very good player, but we will only get minimal compensation, whereas had he been in the team znd playing well may have generated a decent fee.

Mass or Massengo?

For me, if doesn't want to accept a reasonable offer and play for the club, he mass go.

If/when he goes, as per the French language. we will be Sans Noah Massengo.

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

17 hours ago, mozo said:

Ben Brereton Diaz is letting his contract run out and has in fact found his new club. We can safely conclude that his agent has been busy touting his name around for some time.

Should Blackburn have kept him in the reserves for the past few months on principle? Should they play him now?

I definitely wouldn’t play him today…

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

I hope you’re not including me in those ‘some people’! Because, for the reasons we’ve agreed on above, I’m not angry that he’s not being picked.
But I’m angry (probably not the right word) when people make stuff up and then state it as fact - whether that’s about his contract offers or about him saying he doesn’t want to play for us. 

And also about how some people (not you!) seem to take it as a personal affront that he won’t sign a new contract when we want him to and believes that he can get a better opportunities elsewhere.

I’m slightly concerned (from the point of view of our league position of nothing else) when he doesn’t even make the bench on a day when there are no other midfielders in sight - but recognise that there might be other stuff going on behind the scenes. I just hope it’s not the club taking the same affronted view! 

I like the guy. For all the issues, he’s given me two or three of the most memorable individual performances and a little bit of pleasure in what’s been a pretty miserable last three years  watching City.

Wasn’t there a small midfielder once before who divided opinion in much the same way….who knows, HNM returns to manage us in the future?!

No, definitely wasn’t having a dig at your posts. There are some who only see black and white on any subject when we know this situation isn’t that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I think this comes back to the point that end product is probably more important in our side than many others because of the way we play. I think most of us agree HNM is a very good player who will show us that when he finds the right club for him. It’s not his fault that the club operated a clubs in the bag rather than planned recruitment policy……the single worst thing any Manager introduced to the club cos Lansdown bought into it hook, line and bloody sinker!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bazooka Joe said:

I think you're the only proclaimer of this.

But, if he did, at least he wouldn't have to walk 500 miles, (or even 500 more) to get there.

When I'm working, yes I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the Han who's working hard for you
And when the money, comes in for the work I do
I'll pass almost every ball on to you
When I come home(When I come home), well I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the Han who comes back home to you
And when I grow old, well I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the Han who's growing old with you

Edited by alexukhc
  • Like 1