IGNORED

WBA Cup Tickets

Silvio Dante

On sale tomorrow - good pricing as well by the club.

ST holders have no seats reserved and Members/ST on sale concurrently. This could be 

a) Due to our ticketing system failing or not being great for cup games

b) The club seeing if E34 can “put their money where mouth is” and buy tickets en masse for that block.

FDE2E73B-F6DC-45DE-93EA-76434B589E49.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

ST holders have no seats reserved and Members/ST on sale concurrently. This could be 

b) The club seeing if E34 can “put their money where mouth is” and buy tickets en masse for that block.

Given we are led to believe that most of the "E34 movers" are Under-22, I should think that a lot of them will be able to scrape £8 together for a ticket in E34.

23 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think I heard before, the reason for non reserved seats for season ticket holders is due to the fact that the upper Lansdown is closed. 
It would be deemed unfair that some season ticket holders would have their seats reserved whilst some weren’t, ie, their seats aren’t available. 

• Like 4

• Admin
18 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Poor show that season ticket seats aren't reserved, even if it was just until midday.

Season ticket holders seats are available for priority purchase tomorrow for the season ticket holders to purchase 

They're not reserved past that as would be for a league fixture 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

Season ticket holders seats are available for priority purchase tomorrow for the season ticket holders to purchase 

They're not reserved past that as would be for a league fixture 

Incorrect. The purchase window is for members and ST holders, with ST holders seats not being reserved for just them to purchase 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dave L said:

I'm surprised at the scheduling of this game. It's the Bedminster winter lantern parade at 4pm  that day when large parts of North St and the surrounding roads will be cordoned off. I'm sure this will have been arranged on a non football / rugby day 

It would be massively tinpot of us to have to schedule our game for a Sunday because of some poxy lanterns. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 10

7 minutes ago, Dave L said:

I'm surprised at the scheduling of this game. It's the Bedminster winter lantern parade at 4pm  that day when large parts of North St and the surrounding roads will be cordoned off. I'm sure this will have been arranged on a non football / rugby day 

This sounds like a Rovers excuse - we had a small crowd because of a lantern parade! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Dave L said:

Didn't know much about the lantern parade, but looking at their website, they've raised an operating budget of 30k from local support, that's outstanding! 

Don't know the route it takes, but would expect the 75/76 bus routes to be disrupted and traffic a lot more congested than usual after the game.

4 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

It would be massively tinpot of us to have to schedule our game for a Sunday because of some poxy lanterns

An annual parade that attracts some 5,000 visitors, i.e. not far off half City's attendance in the previous round, and no doubt gives a lot of joy to both participants and spectators alike.

My personal view is that it is not necessarily a 'tinpot' idea, but certainly insulting to describe the parade as being 'some poxy lanterns'.

Still, each to their own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are problems with season ticket holders not having their seat reserved when a group of people sit together. Unless their tickets are linked, and not everyone does this, there is no guarantee that they will be able to all book the same seats. The last time City did this some season ticket holders found that their seat had gone when they tried to book. Even when they went online early 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

An annual parade that attracts some 5,000 visitors, i.e. not far off half City's attendance in the previous round, and no doubt gives a lot of joy to both participants and spectators alike.

My personal view is that it is not necessarily a 'tinpot' idea, but certainly insulting to describe the parade as being 'some poxy lanterns'.

Maybe so but it would definitely come across as being tinpot.

Imagine telling West Brom fans that they wouldn’t be able to travel down to Bristol on that weekend (rail works on the Sunday so no trains) because of some lanterns. 

18 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Imagine telling West Brom fans that they wouldn’t be able to travel down to Bristol on that weekend (rail works on the Sunday so no trains) because of some lanterns. 

So a long standing community festival attracting 5,000 in close proximity to the stadium is 'tinpot'.... 

More people are expected to go (based on the numbers quoted in previous posts) than would fit in Block A! ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Perhaps, but I still think it is unneccessary to describe the parade as being 'some poxy lanterns'.

In so far as it concerns postponing the match, I daresay it will go ahead, although the parade organisers will no doubt be disappointed as I should imagine they took in to account the fact that City should have been playing away that Saturday.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Dave L said:

Reading the wording of this letter, they appear ready to move the date of the parade if something is going to happen at Ashton Gate 

img_1_1674068254805.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

Reading the wording of this letter, they appear ready to move the date of the parade if something is going to happen at Ashton Gate 

img_1_1674068254805.jpg

It's good that they have an alternative date in mind. Hopefully discussions will have taken place between AG and the organisers 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Well this is annoying:

image.png.a8efe92e7cc39a48da1e5a942e35b786.png

Someone I go with has booked his usual seat, and now I'm booking mine next to it. Because it leaves a gap of 1 seat to the end of the row it's not letting me... even though it's my season ticket seat.

Ridiculous!

Same here. it happened for the Lincoln game as well for me.  We might have a "HPC" but are mickey mouse in many ways. The only solution is to phone. I am position 15 in the queue!

8 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Same here. it happened for the Lincoln game as well for me.  We might have a "HPC" but are mickey mouse in many ways. The only solution is to phone. I am position 15 in the queue!

This was happening for me too, until I realised that although the email link takes you to the ticket page you still have to sign in to your Bristol Sport account.

Once you do, you can buy your ticket(s).  

1 minute ago, fluffy said:

This was happening for me too, until I realised that although the email link takes you to the ticket page you still have to sign in to your Bristol Sport account.

Once you do, you can buy your ticket(s).  

I am signed in, but still get the single seat meassge. Even though I am the first one in the row trying to buy ?. Oh well I am down to position 2 in the queue ? ?

17 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

LIGHTen up :laugh:.