IGNORED

Whenever I think "I wish we could sign someone"

1960maaan

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Rumour of £8m fee wasn’t it?

Sounds familiar.

Went for €10m to St. Etienne ( * Transfermarkt* I thought I read it was more) , so looked a promising signing, until you saw him play.

16 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

A shit hot loan signing which was half right.

You saying he was hot ? :clapping:

40 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

This of course also the same January that saw Liam Walsh and Ryan Kent join. IIRC those were the three signings that month.

I could make a case for Diony & Walsh, but surely any sort of Scout would pick up that Kent was completely wrong for our team and how we were playing then. 

Mark Ashton CEO at WeSignAnyClown.com

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Corsham Alf said:

Diony has to be up there as one of our worst ever signings.

The business Ashton and Pipsqueak carried out in that window was horrendous & costly. Kent was clearly not anywhere near match fit. 

It’s not necessary to call the midget a pipsqueak is it?

• Haha 3

On the 26th December 2017 we beat Reading to go 2nd in the table having knocked Manchester United out of the League Cup to put us into the Semi's. 

Our record at that point was:

Played 24. Won 13. Drawn 8. Lost 3.

Starting with our defeat against Wolves on the 30th December 2017, the remainder of the season went as follows:

Played 22, Won 4, Drawn 8, Lost 10.

To finish 11th in the table. 

That cup run kept LJ in a job. 

• Like 5

I like to be contrary and so as I recall he had a pretty decent debut, came on as a sub, had a couple of decent early touches & left an opponent for dead with his pace.

Unfortunately that was it for his City career, afterwards he appeared completely unable to get up to the pace of games, was zero goal threat & had a tendency to run offside.

This is exactly the same description as Gustav Engvall, only difference was we bought him straight away, at least we could ditch Diony at season’s end.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

On the 26th December 2017 we beat Reading to go 2nd in the table having knocked Manchester United out of the League Cup to put us into the Semi's. 

Our record at that point was:

Played 24. Won 13. Drawn 8. Lost 3.

Starting with our defeat against Wolves on the 30th December 2017, the remainder of the season went as follows:

Played 22, Won 4, Drawn 8, Lost 10.

To finish 11th in the table. 

That cup run kept LJ in a job. 

Also screwed up our league form 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I like to be contrary and so as I recall he had a pretty decent debut, came on as a sub, had a couple of decent early touches & left an opponent for dead with his pace.

Unfortunately that was it for his City career, afterwards he appeared completely unable to get up to the pace of games, was zero goal threat & had a tendency to run offside.

This is exactly the same description as Gustav Engvall, only difference was we bought him straight away, at least we could ditch Diony at season’s end.

That’s how I remember it too. I thought he showed promise in his first game. 

After that, though, he was absolutely terrible. 

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

I wonder what his loan fee and wages were? 

We paid Diony £20k pw whilst he was here.  Can't remember what the loan fee was.

Not many people realise we paid a 7-figure loan fee for Tammy Abraham.

Nothing compared to Swansea though, I think they paid Chelsea a £6m loan fee for him. With a contribution to wages on top of that, and he wasn't even a regular starter for them.

Edited by Kid in the Riot
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We paid Diony £20k pw whilst he was here.  Can't remember what the loan fee was.

Not many people realise we paid a 9-figure loan fee for Tammy Abraham.

Nothing compared to Swansea though, I think they paid Chelsea a £6m loan fee for him. With a contribution to wages on top of that, and he wasn't even a regular starter for them.

A Hundred Million....that's expensive?