IGNORED

Bell and the Academy.

BCFC Rich

• The title was changed to Bell and the Academy.
2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Did you have a bet today 

Probably would have, but online betting not legal in California (where I live). Did you? Great performance, easily out best of the season. Particularly liked how we kept pressing and defending like it was close. bodies on the line and tireless running. Bell slotted in like he plays every week. 

• Thanks 2

From WBA forums:

(before he scored) - That Sam Bell looks decent.

Fu#k! quality finish that

There mid looking sharp - Scott would be a good signing for us

(Bell's 2nd) Fair play that was a cracking goal

BC are just enjoying themselves, penetrating us at will.

Sam Bell has got some pace. Left Furlong for dead just.

Bristol comfortably deserved to win that & really outplayed us at times.

• Like 2

Its super early days for Bell in his career, but he has something about him.

His timing of forward runs for through balls looks good. He looks pretty good dribbling the ball (he seems a bit 2 footed?)

His finishing though, it is just ?. The goal against swansea, the disallowed goal against blackburn, both goals today are all very good finishes - as was pointed out earlier, the second finish day would have pundits puyrring if it was some superstar doing it.

I hope he gets more chances.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BCFC Rich said:

From WBA forums:

(before he scored) - That Sam Bell looks decent.

Fu#k! quality finish that

There mid looking sharp - Scott would be a good signing for us

(Bell's 2nd) Fair play that was a cracking goal

BC are just enjoying themselves, penetrating us at will.

Sam Bell has got some pace. Left Furlong for dead just.

Bristol comfortably deserved to win that & really outplayed us at times.

I would guess Scott will be going to a side A LOT better than WBA currently are. He will surely be looking at top half of premier league?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, glynriley said:

If Erling Haaland would have scored that second goal today, Sky would be showing that as the intro to every football show they’ve got. Absolutely different class. The touch and the finish, wow. 

Keeper made it easy for him. Out too slow and down to easy. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, cityal said:

I would guess Scott will be going to a side A LOT better than WBA currently are. He will surely be looking at top half of premier league?

Given they have just borrowed £20m just to pay the bills and their owner still hasn't paid back the £5m he borrowed from the club I doubt they will be making a bid any time soon!

• Haha 1

One of the fair few things SO’D put in place for the club to be able to focus on properly during/after his short tenure. 

It’s just the start too. This crop of 18s/advanced age group 21s are the most exciting we’ve probably ever have. And with tinnions new role we will be able to have a clear way of playing for them to fit into as well. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

Many problems for our club in recent seasons, but the Academy is giving us joys and could play an important role in our future plans, even when finances will be better.

sometimes the joy of seeing lads scouted at a very young age and coming through the academy to the first team and contributing to a performance like that today is far greater than any other 

Seen it in the 70s and starting to see it again now, NP deserves credit by trusting them as do BT and the academy staff & coaches for the work they put in to develop them 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, glynriley said:

If Erling Haaland would have scored that second goal today, Sky would be showing that as the intro to every football show they’ve got. Absolutely different class. The touch and the finish, wow. 

Reminded me of Bergkamp, & I’m not joking.

How good were we today?

Pretty much everyone at the top of their game & to end a 3-0 win against West Brom with Bell, Francois & Taylor-Clarke as our front three was insane.

• Like 6

When I first saw Sam Bell I really didn’t think he had it in him and he’d be another young player out on loan who’d ultimately move on. Shows how much I know! 

He’s been superb in his last few games and today was just incredible. 

Bournemouth must be thinking they’ve bought the wrong young striker! 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Reminded me of Bergkamp, & I’m not joking.

How good were we today?

Pretty much everyone at the top of their game & to end a 3-0 win against West Brom with Bell, Francois & Taylor-Clarke as our front three was insane.

How well did the subs perform?

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I was sat near Mickey in the Lansdown and can confirm that his face was a picture of pure joy when Sam scored his first and ran over to his Dad to celebrate.

I think I may even have seen a tear or two...

Awesome! A lot of us have fond memories of mickey,a lot of us will be very proud to see sam come in and make that impact!

• Like 10