IGNORED

Fifth Round Draw: Home to Man City

BUTOR

32 minutes ago, onehowie said:

Nearly fifty years ago we beat Leeds in the fifth round...they were top of the first division and were unbeaten in 32 games, and if I remember correctly we were in a similar position as now in our league. Anything's possible!

Just remembering back to that day.

I was in the bath, listening on the radio, and nearly drowned myself when Gillies scored!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Sorry to be a party pooper guys, but objectively, is this actually THAT good a tie for us?

• Little chance of progressing to next round. (and hence no reward money) 
  • Potential to get battered. 
  • No massive gate receipt as it's a home tie (roughly half of which goes to Man C) 

Maybe some money if we get selected for TV coverage - no idea how much that would be?

Interesting/exciting tie? Yes. 

"Good" tie? I'm not so sure. 

(Also, it does look a little bit tinpot when some of our fans get SO excited about simply playing Man City.) 

There's always a party pooper! :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Sorry to be a party pooper guys, but objectively, is this actually THAT good a tie for us?

• No massive gate receipt as it's a home tie (roughly half of which goes to Man C) 

Maybe some money if we get selected for TV coverage - no idea how much that would be?

(Also, it does look a little bit tinpot when some of our fans get SO excited about simply playing Man City.) 

Were you expecting us to actually win the whole thing?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

We moan that we don't get a Premiership team, but when we do, we continue to moan.

3 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Jeez mate ?

3 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

0A31A43D-97B5-45E1-B5D0-73AF224DD9FC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 11
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I bet your fun at parties. 

7 minutes ago, pillred said:

Would I be right in thinking you can only reserve your own seat or do you think they will let us have two each? personally I can't see that happening.

Hopefully 2 but not holding my breath. I’ll get mine but I’m going to battle to get my mum one, she’s obsessed with De Bruyne and I’d love to see her at a City match for the first time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Huh? This is the draw that all EFL clubs dream of. 

We'll make 300k alone from TV income. 

My memory might be playing tricks on me but I'm sure in the league Cup semi Man City gave us their share of gate receipts?

7 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Ha???........kind of a glass half empty type of guy?   Alex Scott playing against the League   Champions? And the massive publicity we will generate .......   What is there not to like?

Hope we save our next penalty until this match - 90th minute winner would be nice. Or we win on pens. After all there must be a reason why we haven’t had one for so long! 

4 minutes ago, cheese said:

What's the odds we get a last minute penalty to win it?  Must be some reason why we've been saving them up.

Yeah ok, we can dream.

Great minds! 

• Like 2

Just now, eardun said:

Hope we save our next penalty until this match - 90th minute winner would be nice. Or we win on pens. After all there must be a reason why we haven’t had one for so long! 

Carabao Cup Win GIF by Liverpool FC

2 minutes ago, cheese said:

What's the odds we get a last minute penalty to win it?  Must be some reason why we've been saving them up.

Yeah ok, we can dream.

It'll be saved.

Their keeper will then parry it back into our path, the taker will round the keeper who will then trip them up and we'll get another penalty.

Which we will then score.

?

• Haha 3