IGNORED

Fifth Round Draw: Home to Man City

BUTOR

9 hours ago, pillred said:

Always head to the Swan up at Bonanza square when I'm there to watch games it's a great place for a night out more bars and restaurants than you coud ever want most of them show football as well, I can think of worse places to be :laugh:.

I know Jason in the Swan very well (I think he’s moved on now though) - Bonanza and Ibenza squares are right next to where we stay and we know all the bars and restaurants!! - we go there about 3 times a year to stay in a flat belonging to an old school friend of mine!
There’s also a big sports bar next to the church. They have multiple screens and can show different games on different screens, and they can get RobinsTV so you are always guaranteed to be able to watch us play even on a Saturday afternoon when there’s a big Prem game on!!

We absolutely love it over there - can’t wait. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

From what I've seen from Man City, they can struggle in away games where there is a passionate home support. 

The league Cup semi 2nd leg game wasn't the best of atmospheres but if we can produce the Man Utd atmopshere then we have a chance. 

Yes it was strangely flat that night. There were so many big games in a small period that season that I wonder if we were all a little worn out and used to it. 

What bugs me about the highlights is the fact that all you can hear is metallic rustling coming from those plastic flags when the players come out

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I know Jason in the Swan very well (I think he’s moved on now though) - Bonanza and Ibenza squares are right next to where we stay and we know all the bars and restaurants!! - we go there about 3 times a year to stay in a flat belonging to an old school friend of mine!
There’s also a big sports bar next to the church. They have multiple screens and can show different games on different screens, and they can get RobinsTV so you are always guaranteed to be able to watch us play even on a Saturday afternoon when there’s a big Prem game on!!

We absolutely love it over there - can’t wait. 

I reckon there are people that have been to Benalmadena several times that don't even know those places exist, you're right it's a great place we stay opposite Paloma park those cockerells can get a bit noisy though :laugh:. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midred said:

Off topic the BBC website have just announced their goal of the 4th round vote. Unsurprisingly neither of Bell's goals feature. Could it be that they weren't on screen long enough for the selectors to study them?

Firpo and Ake's are lucky to get in ahead of Bell's second. Firpo's is really assist of the round and Ake's is just a shot really - and isn't nearly as good as Bell's first. I doubt either of Bell's would win it, but I'd probably have one of them in at the expense of either of those two.

14 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We should get around 300k from TV. 

About the same from tickets too at least.

Then we get all the things like advertising, hospitality, merch, food and drink.

This one tie will easily net us at least 750k. 

You forgot the prize money for winning

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Firpo and Ake's are lucky to get in ahead of Bell's second. Firpo's is really assist of the round and Ake's is just a shot really - and isn't nearly as good as Bell's first. I doubt either of Bell's would win it, but I'd probably have one of them in at the expense of either of those two.

Not so sure. Yes its a really good finish but should be routine for a decent striker. Maybe the first should be in prob better than the Ake goal.

23 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Think Ake had spotted De Bruyne running in at the far post and was aiming for him. Mis hit it slightly and it went in, cue look of surprise on his face when he realised he had scored 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

I've slept on it, and my excitement's grown actually.

Instantly had someone in a group chat ask about difficulty of getting tickets... piss off ? be lucky if I can get myself one.

The announcement said ST holders and members priority so I'll have a go at getting one. I'd like to take my Dad but not sure the chances of getting two. We haven't seen each other for over a year so would be a nice reunion

• Robin 1

I don't get the mad panic for ticket information (aside from getting the date confirmed) - pretty sure, as happened for the home games in the League Cup a number of years back, every supporter who 'deserves*' a chance to get a ticket will have the opportunity. Might not be in their first choice seat/stand, but anyone who goes on a semi-regular basis and has a membership will get one and with this being a game that will go to extra time and pens (possibly), there will be some parents who won't be taking their kids as it's midweek and potentially a late night for their offspring.

*Deserving is clearly open to debate, but most people who go should be fine.

Have to admit, social media last night was a right laugh, the sense of panic amongst people - most of them clearly not supporters - as to how they'll be able to get a ticket was a delight. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I don't get the mad panic for ticket information (aside from getting the date confirmed) - pretty sure, as happened for the home games in the League Cup a number of years back, every supporter who 'deserves*' a chance to get a ticket will have the opportunity. Might not be in their first choice seat/stand, but anyone who goes on a semi-regular basis and has a membership will get one and with this being a game that will go to extra time and pens (possibly), there will be some parents who won't be taking their kids as it's midweek and potentially a late night for their offspring.

*Deserving is clearly open to debate, but most people who go should be fine.

Have to admit, social media last night was a right laugh, the sense of panic amongst people - most of them clearly not supporters - as to how they'll be able to get a ticket was a delight. 

Granted it depends on the age of the kid, but I suspect most parents will be waiving the rules for this one - I know I am! Occasions like this create the potential for unforgettable childhood memories.

Edited by ChippenhamRed

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

https://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/fixtures

When will the date be confirmed? I need to sort out travel etc

Don’t know how reliable it is but Bet365 has the fixture down for Tuesday 28th Feb.

We’re 14/1 which is worth a oner. 
Printing money….

• Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Yes it was strangely flat that night. There were so many big games in a small period that season that I wonder if we were all a little worn out and used to it. 

What bugs me about the highlights is the fact that all you can hear is metallic rustling coming from those plastic flags when the players come out

The Man Utd game was definitely better atmosphere wise. The two Manchester games at home, the away leg and the game where we looked like we may reel Wolves back into it and open the title race again, all within a month or so.

Had we beaten Wolves I do think we make the playoffs (3 points sure but what a huge growth psychologically vs a 2 month unbeaten Wolves had we done it).

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

What’s reckon?

Season card holders first

Members

Bears season card holders

general sale

something like that?

Miss out the third of those. Why should a rugby fan (or indeed a flyers fan) get any precedent. If there is a third group, it should be non members with ticket purchase history.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Miss out the third of those. Why should a rugby fan (or indeed a flyers fan) get any precedent. If there is a third group, it should be non members with ticket purchase history.

I thought they were in the mix when we played Man U / C last time?

• Admin
15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What’s reckon?

Season card holders first

Members

Bears season card holders

general sale

something like that?

The Bears season ticket holders come in as members

The rest is self sorting

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It does amaze me so many still talking about when the game will be played - the club have already said it will be on the Wednesday UNLESS selected for TV

I have honestly never known so many people get in a frenzy about sales periods, allocations etc etc.

If you have a season ticket you WILL get your seat

If you are a member you WILL get the opportunity to be able to buy a seat

It WILL make general sale, but they WILL sell out

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, phantom said:

The Bears season ticket holders come in as members

The rest is self sorting

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It does amaze me so many still talking about when the game will be played - the club have already said it will be on the Wednesday UNLESS selected for TV

I have honestly never known so many people get in a frenzy about sales periods, allocations etc etc.

If you have a season ticket you WILL get your seat

If you are a member you WILL get the opportunity to be able to buy a seat

It WILL make general sale, but they WILL sell out

But it will be on TV.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1