IGNORED

Fifth Round Draw: Home to Man City

BUTOR

Just wanted to share my calculations on why I think this will be on Tuesday 28th February.

Man City are playing at 5:30 on Saturday 25th Feb and then 12:30 on Saturday 4th March.

Match on the Tuesday: 74 hours after last match and 89 hours until next match

Match on the Wednesday: 98 hours after last match and 65 hours before next match

Tuesday is the least worst option for Man City. Hasn't stopped the TV companies making nonsensical decisions in the past mind ? I expect we'll find out today or tomorrow. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Southampton Red said:

Just wanted to share my calculations on why I think this will be on Tuesday 28th February.

Man City are playing at 5:30 on Saturday 25th Feb and then 12:30 on Saturday 4th March.

Match on the Wednesday: 98 hours after last match and 65 hours before next match

Tuesday is the least worst option for Man City. Hasn't stopped the TV companies making nonsensical decisions in the past mind ? I expect we'll find out today or tomorrow. 

Not to mention Man Utd an Tottenham are playing on the following Sunday so their cup games will be Wednesday and Thursday . Logic dictates we will be Tuesday 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheReds said:

What is to stop the "glory hunter" going to the next game to get a voucher, and how do you tell them apart from the "new fan" you speak of attending for the first time?  Aren't they also sort of going just to get a ticket for the Man City game)

too and they are both doing the same aren't they. 

Cus id rather see new proper fans of city rather than the what colour are bristol daytrippers... Ok? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Oh the problems that many are noting about getting tickets. However on purchases with ST, Membership, or general public, it will all be done in the comfort of one's own home.

You should try queueing in freezing cold and rain or snow for two to four hours in the evening, in the streets around Ashton Gate, like we had to in the good old/bad old days. Two buses from and to Filton where I lived and even the possibility that last bus from Centre to Filton was full up and that meant a walk home!

And an early rising next morning to get last night's homework done!

Remember in the 80s taking mornings off from work queuing for tickets for play off games, when we had to stand for hours whilst a couple of people (one was usually Beryl) sold the tickets to us (cash only) from a hatch.

Absolutely loads about modern life is worse, but not standing around all morning in the car park in a queue that seemed to barely move & being able to do this on your phone instead is one real bonus.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 13

22 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Remember in the 80s taking mornings off from work queuing for tickets for play off games, when we had to stand for hours whilst a couple of people (one was usually Beryl) sold the tickets to us (cash only) from a hatch.

Absolutely loads about modern life is worse, but not standing around all morning in the car park in a queue that seemed to barely move & being able to do this on your phone instead is one real bonus.

For the Charlton cup game in 1994, I was in Southmead for an op on the morning that the tickets went on sale. My Dad managed to time it so that he saw me go under anasthetic then wait until I was out for the count, nip to AG to be near the front of the queue for tickets then be back at the hospital in time for me coming round.

Edited by Northern Red
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 2

1 hour ago, archie andrews said:

Cus id rather see new proper fans of city rather than the what colour are bristol daytrippers... Ok? 

My point is what you asked for are both the same things aren't they? You said you wanted a voucher system for the next home game to get a new fan, instead of some glory hunter turning up.

So what is to stop a glory hunter coming to the next game just to get a voucher, and what is the difference with a new fan - both may come back if there is an atmosphere and a great game with some excitement?

Do you honestly think that "proper" fans of Bristol City, have just this week chosen to support us and are turning up against Man City purely to watch Bristol City for the first time?

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

I remember queuing around the stadium to get tickets back in 2000 when we played Stoke at Wembley in the Auto Windscreens final.

• Like 6
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

You don't get interviewed by BBC Radio Local or HTV's Bob Sport whilst ordering tickets on yer phone, though. I miss seeing plasterers and scaffolders or office workers and bank clerks being asked: "You buying tickets?" or "How long've you been queuing?" or some such by Bob Crampton or Ian Seymour. Or Todge Malone, even. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

You don't get interviewed by BBC Radio Local or HTV's Bob Sport whilst ordering tickets on yer phone, though. I miss seeing plasterers and scaffolders or office workers and bank clerks being asked: "You buying tickets?" or "How long've you been queuing?" or some such by Bob Crampton or Ian Seymour. Or Todge Malone, even. 

True, yet another benefit of sitting on your sofa & doing this.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Southampton Red said:

I phoned the club yesterday and they said it would be in the first week of March. Could've been an estimate I guess