IGNORED

Fifth Round Draw: Home to Man City

BUTOR

8 hours ago, Southampton Red said:

Just wanted to share my calculations on why I think this will be on Tuesday 28th February.

Man City are playing at 5:30 on Saturday 25th Feb and then 12:30 on Saturday 4th March.

Match on the Tuesday: 74 hours after last match and 89 hours until next match

Match on the Wednesday: 98 hours after last match and 65 hours before next match

Tuesday is the least worst option for Man City. Hasn't stopped the TV companies making nonsensical decisions in the past mind ? I expect we'll find out today or tomorrow. 

I also think it will be Tues, with another reason being that our kick off time on the Saturday after is also early (12.30). In addition, assuming they want to spread out the big teams across the week, our game is more likely to be on Tues because Man Utd and Spurs are unlikely to be on that day - they both play on the Sunday before (Man U in the Carabao cup final).

20 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Not sure who true but I seen a message that’s was sent around yesterday which has ticket priority tiers of;

Season ticket holders 

Members + 4 games 

Members

General sale

That’s what the two games against Utd and city were last time. Very fair imo 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

ITV is the absolute worst for football coverage. 

Would have loved for it to be on the BBC and Jonathan Pearce to commentate. 

Agree, though JP has always said he wouldn’t do commentary on a City game but could make a one off exception, maybe first game in Premier League.

3 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

He does have previous - he did the live FA Cup game against Sheffield United in 20/21 on the BBC Red Button.

I didn’t know that, the interview I remember was just before that I think, late 2019?  for a City podcast, very good and rare interview. 

I do remember him commentating on our game at Brentford in the playoffs years ago for Capital Radio I think. I remember it was the first time hearing his unique voice as we drove towards Brentford, had no idea he was a city fan then but I can remember being impressed how much he seemed to know about our team. 

20 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Didn't he used to commentate on radio Bristol at the start of his career? 

Yes I think he did when he was very young.

I think when he said he didn’t want to commentate on City it was for match of the day or a big live TV game where he isn’t supposed to be biased.

Edited by ralphindevon

6 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Yes I think he did when he was very young.

I think when he said he didn’t want to commentate on City it was for match of the day or a big live TV game where he isn’t supposed to be biased.

Maybe when he feels he wants to retire from MOTD we'll see him guest commentate on our premier league fixtures for RB from time to time ?

Surely other commentators must commentate on their own teams? The co commentators certainly do. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Not sure who true but I seen a message that’s was sent around yesterday which has ticket priority tiers of;

Season ticket holders 

Members + 4 games 

Members

General sale

This was exactly the procedure the last time we played Man City in 2018 and would be a pretty fair way of doing it again (although I agree with those who say an away game should also count).

TO BE ABSOLUTELY CLEAR THE LINK BELOW IS FROM 2018

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/man-city-ticket-prices-and-sales-dates/

4 minutes ago, Flagon said:

The last couple of cup games the season tickets haven’t been linked to your seat which is more fiddly, hope for this one the seats are linked. 

That was because the upper Lansdown was closed and season ticket holders there wouldn't be able to have their usual seats.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Let the moaning begin! 

"But I once went past Ashton Gate in an Austin Maxi back in 1983, I should get priority over someone who has been to every game in the last 20 years...."

"Yes, I know it'll probably make general sale, but I want to feel special as I bought a telly from Currys which is RIGHT BY Ashton Gate, they should add my proof of purchase for the Alba portable CRT telly to my account as a sign of loyalty..." 

Hopefully, and I'm sure they will, they'll ensure that everyone who ought to be able to get a ticket gets one with enough of a gap between priority groups to deal with any questions or queries. 

• Haha 5