IGNORED

Fifth Round Draw: Home to Man City

BUTOR

On 02/02/2023 at 10:29, cidered abroad said:

Oh the problems that many are noting about getting tickets. However on purchases with ST, Membership, or general public, it will all be done in the comfort of one's own home.

You should try queueing in freezing cold and rain or snow for two to four hours in the evening, in the streets around Ashton Gate, like we had to in the good old/bad old days. Two buses from and to Filton where I lived and even the possibility that last bus from Centre to Filton was full up and that meant a walk home!

And an early rising next morning to get last night's homework done!

I can remember the queue for tickets for the Liverpool FA Cup game. Some fans camped out overnight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Horrible to think of the most iconic moment in our history being described by Sam Matterface.

For the avoidance of doubt I’m not suggesting the game is the most iconic moment. I’m talking about the winning goal we’re going to score in the 120th minute when Alex Scott runs through their entire team.

Edited by ChippenhamRed
  • Like 3
  • Robin 1

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Horrible to think of the most iconic moment in our history being described by Sam Matterface.

Woeful isn't he. I was never a massive Clive Tyldesley fan but he is streets ahead of Matterface on comms. Doesn't help him that Lee Dixon is normally his drab co-commentator.

38 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

For the avoidance of doubt I’m not suggesting the game is the most iconic moment. I’m talking about the winning goal we’re going to score in the 120th minute when Alex Scott runs through their entire team.

Being awarded with a penalty would be iconic! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Let the moaning begin! 

"But I once went past Ashton Gate in an Austin Maxi back in 1983, I should get priority over someone who has been to every game in the last 20 years...."

"Yes, I know it'll probably make general sale, but I want to feel special as I bought a telly from Currys which is RIGHT BY Ashton Gate, they should add my proof of purchase for the Alba portable CRT telly to my account as a sign of loyalty..." 

Hopefully, and I'm sure they will, they'll ensure that everyone who ought to be able to get a ticket gets one with enough of a gap between priority groups to deal with any questions or queries. 

I can see the top of the Lansdown from where I live, so that should guarantee a row of free seats, pies, and beers at least ?