IGNORED

Fifth Round Draw: Home to Man City

BUTOR

35 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

How much are we charging ManCity then...38quid?

Heard they haven't got the biggest historical travelling support of the top teams, could be wrong though. Being a lazy ass, what is the ticket percentage for FA Cup games we are compelled to offer...25%?

They should get 15%, though that depends on ground layout, risk factor etc.

Presumably they'll be given the whole Atyeo, which should be sufficient.

40 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

How much are we charging ManCity then...38quid?

Heard they haven't got the biggest historical travelling support of the top teams, could be wrong though. Being a lazy ass, what is the ticket percentage for FA Cup games we are compelled to offer...25%?

They'll have the entire Atyeo. They'll easily sell out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Unfortunately  and I don’t agree with it at all , this is what we’d be getting charged if we ever get promoted. Think I saw at the start of the season , Fulham are charging £100 per ticket in their new stand for some games. 

Yet PL clubs seem to have no issues selling tickets. So called cost of living crisis doesn't seem to stop fans paying these inflated prices.

52 minutes ago, weepywall said:

They have large away support always have done, percentage is 10 to 15% for FA Cup games I think.

I lived in Shrewsbury for ten years when Pearson and Moyes were their central defenders. The match against Man City was more than a full house and my guestimate was that Man City had at least 70% of the gate, Shrews 29.99% and Bristol City 0.001% (me)

They were very welcoming to City fans when I went to Maine Road two years running when we were in the First Division.

Edited by cidered abroad

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

How much do you think a ticket is for the best seats in the house in the PL?

This is a high profile game against one of the best teams in the world and the prices are broadly aligned to the game five years ago, allowing for inflation. I’m really not sure what people were expecting.

Mate that’s absolutely fine if you want to pay it. No issue whatsoever

Wasn’t remotely surprised either because we are known as a club for being rip off merchants . Personally football in general has got ridiculous and I find it sad that people feel these prices are acceptable 

Its times like this I’m glad we are shite and got no chance of getting to the Prem 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 5

7 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Mate that’s absolutely fine if you want to pay it. No issue whatsoever

Wasn’t remotely surprised either because we are known as a club for being rip off merchants . Personally football in general has got ridiculous and I find it sad that people feel these prices are acceptable 

Its times like this I’m glad we are shite and got no chance of getting to the Prem 

I think football as a whole is overpriced given the wealth within the modern game and it’s working class roots. But - within that context - I’m surprised by the reaction. Armed with knowledge of how much Premier League football costs to watch, how much inflation is, and how much we paid to watch precisely the same fixture five years ago….this is pretty much exactly what I expected us to be paying for this game.

City don’t exist in a vacuum and unless football as a whole changes it’s philosophy towards ticket prices, they are going to charge the going rate in order to give us the best chance of competing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Look it’s like I said earlier if you can show me west end show or a top live band where the tickets are under £50 let alone watching the English champions the let I know , people choose their seats because it’s the best they can afford well if your centre of lansdown and it’s £35 a game to watch Rotherham then surely you expect to pay £15 more for Manchester City it’s a bit like watching the Wurzels or oasis ? 

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Look it’s like I said earlier if you can show me west end show or a top live band where the tickets are under £50 let alone watching the English champions the let I know , people choose their seats because it’s the best they can afford well if your centre of lansdown and it’s £35 a game to watch Rotherham then surely you expect to pay £15 more for Manchester City it’s a bit like watching the Wurzels or oasis ? 

I would prefer to watch The Wurzels personally ?

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

5 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Watched editors last night at the motion factory.£31 for a 2 hour set.

Excellent value

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Everyone wants Prem football but at Lidl prices ain’t going to happen plenty will want to see this so either support your team and wake up or go watch local football and fake off , it’s £22 to go and watch gas and that cheap 

You speaking for everyone ?

Bit arrogant.

I don't want "Prem football", I don't mind us being a yo-yo club, in and out of the circus to get some money into the club, but thats it - and I won't spend any money on the EPL games.

I'll be at the Gate during the Championship years, but give the "premier League" a miss.

But I reckon I'll belong gone before we reach that stage.

• Hmmm 1

7 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Yeah but as Bristol City fans we are not going to Ashton Gate to watch Rotherham or Manchester City

We are going there to watch Bristol City 

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

4 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

No mention of any carers tickets? 

For the Swansea tie carers, with season tickets,  could  book a seat for free, as per their season ticket. This had to be done by telephone 

42 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Everyone wants Prem football but at Lidl prices ain’t going to happen plenty will want to see this so either support your team and wake up or go watch local football and fake off , it’s £22 to go and watch gas and that cheap 

Man City Season ticket holders got to watch them against Arsenal in the FA Cup, current league leaders, for £22.50 in their family stand and £25 in their South Stand.  So the top two in the country for ‘Lidl prices’. 

• Flames 1