IGNORED

Fifth Round Draw: Home to Man City

BUTOR

39 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Why did they have replays in the earlier rounds now extra time and penalties? call me cynical is it to try and get as many of the big boys into the later stages as possible as if a draw likely to win a replay before the threat of penalties

Because on average, clubs who tend to be in the later rounds tend to be in European competition and as that bloats there become much fewer midweeks available for replays?

13 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

With respect, you chose your season ticket in the most expensive area of the ground with the best view and the best facilities. An equivalent ticket for a Premier League game would be an awful lot more, and this is a huge game for the club.

Quite get that, and I would expect to pay more to retain my seat that someone who has a season ticket in the south stand, based on the fact I'm in a seat with a premium view.

What I have an issue with, is that I don't remember them saying when they announced ticket prices at the start of the year 'we have silver and gold category games.... and a special 'make it up if we think we can get away with it category'

I'll wager that the club didn't consult with SCAT or the SLO on these prices. 

7 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I mean, it is extortionate, but I can't believe that anyone actually thought it would be any cheaper?

Is it though?

Compared to 2018, the cheapest ticket has gone up 3% and the most expensive ticket has gone up 14%.

Thats less than inflation over that period. And anyone who chosen a season ticket in the most expensive area of the stadium probably isn’t the worst affected by the cost of living crisis.

• Like 2

Tyldesley & McCoist are the best commentary team on TV. 

It won’t matter to me cause I’ll be there, but the moaning about ITV surprises me. Pearce is usually quite bad other than when he shoe horns in an obscure City fact regarding the players on the pitch. 

May even get Laura Woods down the gate. 

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Quite get that, and I would expect to pay more to retain my seat that someone who has a season ticket in the south stand, based on the fact I'm in a seat with a premium view.

What I have an issue with, is that I don't remember them saying when they announced ticket prices at the start of the year 'we have silver and gold category games.... and a special 'make it up if we think we can get away with it category'

I'll wager that the club didn't consult with SCAT or the SLO on these prices. 

I have some sympathy with that, but it was the same five years ago so the precedent for that was set some time ago. Gold and Silver category pricing is only for league games.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dredd said:

This is on the Bristol Sport ticketing page. Assume this would be a gold standard game but the prices don't match at all. 

98FC1309-9062-4BBF-93FB-44E7114D676C.jpeg

The previous FA Cup matches didn't match up either... Not entirely serious but if we have to fix the prices for cup games, it works both ways. 

It does also carry the EFL Championship logo and not those of the two cup competitions so the signals were there. 

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Is it though?

Compared to 2018, the cheapest ticket has gone up 3% and the most expensive ticket has gone up 14%.

Thats less than inflation over that period. And anyone who chosen a season ticket in the most expensive area of the stadium probably isn’t the worst affected by the cost of living crisis.

For season ticket holders yes it is.  Season tickets holders should’ve been given discount. For a one off payment to the club from those who rarely or ever go then prices are fair enough, but those who support with their pockets on a yearly basis should’ve received a gesture of good will here imho. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Genuine question, are the club allowed to offer cheaper tickets to season ticket holders? In the sense that you’re then offering the same priced ticket at two different prices

Don't think they are, as the funds generated from the sales are split between both clubs and the FA. 

They could likely offer a discount technically, but they'd have to share the revenue as if no discount was applied, so it would be an acual spend. 

11 minutes ago, lenred said:

Bit of a piss take that they haven’t done a better price for ST holders imho. Should be rewarded for putting in year after year. 

Your reward is a guaranteed ticket in your seat (or you can choose another if you like).

How about £5 off but you join the free-for-all and it’s just one big general sale?

I know I’m being arsey (not to you), but just imagine the second scenario I laid out.

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

No mention of any carers tickets? 

Will be standard included as normal.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Why did they have replays in the earlier rounds now extra time and penalties? call me cynical is it to try and get as many of the big boys into the later stages as possible as if a draw likely to win a replay before the threat of penalties

It's all to do with fixture congestion for the Big Boys I guess.

Personally I'm glad I made that trip to the Etihad a few years ago. I would be gutted now as we go into the game knowing there is no chance of a replay. I wanted Spurs, as it would have been a new ground for me but obviously away was the only option in that case.

I'm happy with a home draw now, nothing like the buzz of AG on a big night, just glad it was playing a team whose ground I have been to. Harsh no to be able to go to any teams ground for a replay though.

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

I mean, it’s not cheap. Equally, about £45 to watch WBA and Man City cup ties is another way of looking at it I guess (depending on location)..

That's the only way to view it. Take in to account the prevoius cup games of Lincoln, Swansea and West Brom then add in the cost of the Man City robbery and divide. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Your reward is a guaranteed ticket in your seat (or you can choose another if you like).

How about £5 off but you join the free-for-all and it’s just one big general sale?

I know I’m being arsey (not to you), but just imagine the second scenario I laid out.

Will be standard included as normal.

For the rugby cup game against Clermont I get both a reduced ticket and to keep my seat if I choose before it goes in general sale.   Not sure why football is any different. Same organisation.  Both plum ties.  Only answer is money and the club know they can rinse the ST’s over this one as it will 99.9999% sell out.  Think loyalty should be rewarded but just my view.  

Edited by lenred

1 minute ago, RedM said:

It's all to do with fixture congestion for the Big Boys I guess.

Personally I'm glad I made that trip to the Etihad a few years ago. I would be gutted now as we go into the game knowing there is no chance of a replay. I wanted Spurs, as it would have been a new ground for me but obviously away was the only option in that case.

I'm happy with a home draw now, nothing like the buzz of AG on a big night, just glad it was playing a team whose ground I have been to. Harsh no to be able to go to any teams ground for a replay though.

I don't see why they should change the rules part way thru the competition, you either have replays as it always was, or say no replays due to fixture congestion

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

That's the only way to view it. Take in to account the prevoius cup games of Lincoln, Swansea and West Brom then add in the cost of the Man City robbery and divide. 

And that's what the club's argument would be - you've had your discounts for earlier rounds so either suck it up or don't pay it and someone else will.

Edited by Northern Red
  • Flames 1