IGNORED

Fifth Round Draw: Home to Man City

BUTOR

13 minutes ago, lenred said:

For season ticket holders yes it is.  Season tickets holders should’ve been given discount. For a one off payment to the club from those who rarely or ever go then prices are fair enough, but those who support with their pockets on a yearly basis should’ve received a gesture of good will here imho. 

I guess the club would see that 'gesture of goodwill' as the fact we have reached this round and can offer the fans a top team to watch?*

*Yes I know, it could have gone so horribly wrong!

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

It's all to do with fixture congestion for the Big Boys I guess.

Personally I'm glad I made that trip to the Etihad a few years ago. I would be gutted now as we go into the game knowing there is no chance of a replay. I wanted Spurs, as it would have been a new ground for me but obviously away was the only option in that case.

I'm happy with a home draw now, nothing like the buzz of AG on a big night, just glad it was playing a team whose ground I have been to. Harsh no to be able to go to any teams ground for a replay though.

Much more chance of us getting through as there are no replays, happy days.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

I guess the club would see that 'gesture of goodwill' as the fact we have reached this round and can offer the fans a top team to watch?*

*Yes I know, it could have gone so horribly wrong!

That’s not season ticket holder specific though ? Tbh I’m probably coming across on this as if I'm losing my shit about it but I’m really not.  I get it.  Just do think that ST holders loyalty deserves rewarding by the club - ‘glamour tie’ or not.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

For the rugby cup game against Clermont I get both a reduced ticket and to keep my seat if I choose before it goes in general sale.   Not sure why football is any different. Same organisation.  Both plum ties.  Only answer is money and the club know they can rinse the ST’s over this one as it will 99.9999% sell out.  Think loyalty should be rewarded but just my view.  

I guess it’s supply and demand.  Will Bears sell out?

(caveat: I’ve been looking at the FA Cup rules and there is nothing in the pricing that precludes charging different prices.  Some clubs include cup matches in their season ticket prices and there is a section on splitting gate receipts where that happens…but nothing to stop City charging a lower rate)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lenred said:

For the rugby cup game against Clermont I get both a reduced ticket and to keep my seat if I choose before it goes in general sale.   Not sure why football is any different. Same organisation.  Both plum ties.  Only answer is money and the club know they can rinse the ST’s over this one as it will 99.9999% sell out.  Think loyalty should be rewarded but just my view.  

Did Bristol rugby have to agree on prices with Clermont though? 
No way would Man City agree to allow City season ticket holders to have a discount on tickets. 

• Like 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

(caveat: I’ve been looking at the FA Cup rules and there is nothing in the pricing that precludes charging different prices.  Some clubs include cup matches in their season ticket prices and there is a section on splitting gate receipts where that happens…but nothing to stop City charging a lower rate)

No it won’t - hence my point about them being able to charge more as City will. Like I subsequently said though - I’m really not worried - but I do think ST holders should be rewarded for their loyalty - even it is just £5 cheaper per ticket.  Gestures go a long way to foster good relationships. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

And are Clermont the same attraction as ManC, are they on par with the players they might have on show and Cups and titles they have won? I genuinely don't know, but if someone asked me to name a big European rugby team I'm not sure if my first answer would be Clermont.

Apologies to them if i am indeed doing them a disservice .

• Like 4

1 minute ago, lenred said:

No it won’t - hence my point about them being able to charge more as City will. Like I subsequently said though - I’m really not worried - but I do think ST holders should be rewarded for their loyalty - even it is just £5 cheaper per ticket.  Gestures go a long way to foster good relationships. 

I don’t disagree either.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Personally I don't think the prices are that unreasonable. It's the biggest fixture since the last time we played them and the club would be silly not to cash in given the losses we've incurred in recent years. 

Completely get the point you are making, but the fans aren't to blame for the losses the clubs incurred

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

And are Clermont the same attraction as ManC, are they on par with the players they might have on show and Cups and titles they have won? I genuinely don't know, but if someone asked me to name a big European rugby team I'm not sure if my first answer would be Clermont.

Apologies to them if i am indeed doing them a disservice .

In terms of Rugby then yes - Clermont are a huge club with a massive pedigree in the European and domestic leagues. Equivalent to Champions League finalists 3 times in the last ten years, UEFA cup equivalent winners 3 times since 2000 and French League winners (equivalent to Prem in rugby terms) twice in last ten years  A huge club in rugby terms.  

Edited by lenred
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dredd said:

Completely get the point you are making, but the fans aren't to blame for the losses the clubs incurred

Fair point but sadly it's a business.

Also, are you telling me you didn't enjoy the high quality football and the fantastic players we paid handsomely which resulted in the losses? ?

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Broadly yes, but within that context as it stands - rightly or wrongly - I’d say these prices are about what I would have expected. And still compares reasonably with other forms of entertainment - theatre, gigs, etc.

No it doesn't. It's not guaranteed "entertainment for a start", where as theatre / gigs are usually.

Price wise, theatre often starts from £20 for cheapest adult tickets. 

24 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I can see more tickets making it to general sale now. Quite a few season ticket holders, especially with kids will give this a miss at these prices. It'll still sell out but now with more day trippers.

Good news for the half n half scarf sellers.

Really? Anyone committed enough to City to buy a season ticket is almost certainly going to be going to this. It’s a one-off and most people will pay it on that basis, just like they did five years ago.

Edited by ChippenhamRed
  • Like 5