IGNORED

Chants

54-46

6 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

If there is a more two bit, tin pot and generally shite chant than “how sh1t must you be, we’re winning at home” please let me know. 

There are various chants that end with “you c**ts”. This is totally lacking in class and  says a lot about the people who sing it. 

• Like 7
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

There are various chants that end with “you c**ts”. This is totally lacking in class and  says a lot about the people who sing it. 

Desperate to offend and look big and hard. It has the same effect as a six year old constantly saying `bugger` when he`s just heard it for the first time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 54-46 said:

If there is a more two bit, tin pot and generally shite chant than “how sh1t must you be, we’re winning at home” please let me know. 

We’re all singing over here and you’re not singing over there has to be the cringiest chant we do . Had people ask why our fans are singing a mls chant .

Edited by Winterstoke toad

2 hours ago, 54-46 said:

surely  the chant ' get into em, **** em up' is in with a shout as well if you will pardon the pun? one of the most boring and simple chants known to mankind 

16 minutes ago, Winterstoke toad said:

We’re all singing over here and you’re not singing over there has to be the cringiest chant we do . Had people ask why our fans are singing a mls chant .

Disagree. This sounded great on the telly. I think it started as a piss take to the MLS iirc. I like it because it’s a slower chant. Sometimes I think we can sing too them too fast. It’s definitely one of those that would sound good when the whole stadium gets involved. 

Each to their own of course.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

Disagree. This sounded great on the telly. I think it started as a piss take to the MLS iirc. I like it because it’s a slower chant. Sometimes I think we can sing too them too fast. It’s definitely one of those that would sound good when the whole stadium gets involved. 

Each to their own of course.

Yeh mate each to their own but if we’re ever on sky all I see after is fans of other clubs taking the piss out of us for singing it ( I completely agree with them)

6 minutes ago, Winterstoke toad said:

Yeh mate each to their own but if we’re ever on sky all I see after is fans of other clubs taking the piss out of us for singing it ( I completely agree with them)

Fair enough. As an expat I’ve watched 90% of all our league and cup games over the last few seasons on telly and can’t say I’ve ever seen or heard other fans taking the piss of that song. Could be different coverage to what you see on sky though. But even if they were, who cares? Opposition fans will take the piss out of anything and everything, that’s their/ our job :laugh:. The fact that they probably don’t realise it started as a piss take makes it funnier IMO. 

Edited by real_bristol

I’ve occasionally tried to start a Gregorian chant. I thought this would popular as it is monophonic, which means that there is just one melodic line followed by all the singers. Unfortunately it’s never caught on 

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’m virtually opposite the singing section and although I can hear the songs/chants they’re very muffled and indistinct.

I can hear the away fans in the Atyeo loud and clear despite them being further away

its because of the acoustics. 

Does your right ear need the compacted wax removed?

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1