IGNORED

Massengo - Loan to Auxerre (Confirmed)

Davefevs

• The title was changed to Massengo - loan to Auxerre (Loic Tanzi) / L’Equipe
Just now, robin_unreliant said:

Would it be a free transfer if he leaves in the summer (as stated in the article) or is any compensation involved? I would guess compo only comes into it if you offer a new contract, but we did. 

You are right, assuming we have offered an equivalent contract then assuming he’s heading abroad we will get compo under FIFA RSTP scheme…and probably something in the region of €300k. ?

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You are right, assuming we have offered an equivalent contract then assuming he’s heading abroad we will get compo under FIFA RSTP scheme…and probably something in the region of €300k. ?

When you say 'equivalent' does that mean at least the current salary? As most players are being offered reduced terms, maybe we wouldn't actually meet that condition? 300k is way below his market value but better than nowt.

• Like 1

I actually think HNM would need replacing more urgently than Antoine.

Forwards: Wells, Weimann, Conway, Bell, Sykes, Martin

CM's (without HNM): Williams, Scott, James, Naismith, King

Granted we've injuries up top but Weimann should be back soon.

Ideally we'd replace both but I think we're a bit worryingly light in the middle. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

When you say 'equivalent' does that mean at least the current salary? As most players are being offered reduced terms, maybe we wouldn't actually meet that condition? 300k is way below his market value but better than nowt.

Yes, must be same (or more) than current contract.

RSTP is a fixed calculation based on club category and number of years, etc.  It takes no account of player value, wages, fee paid, etc.  It is why I wished he’d find a suitor in this country where compo would likely be higher (under PFCC scheme).

I’m in no way ITK, but it’s my guess that it’s the reason we’ve formally offered him a contract.  Should be re-sign, fantastic, if he doesn’t, we will take the €300k.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, must be same (or more) than current contract.

RSTP is a fixed calculation based on club category and number of years, etc.  It takes no account of player value, wages, fee paid, etc.  It is why I wished he’d find a suitor in this country where compo would likely be higher (under PFCC scheme).

I’m in no way ITK, but it’s my guess that it’s the reason we’ve formally offered him a contract.  Should be re-sign, fantastic, if he doesn’t, we will take the €300k.

Lots of players take that route, as it avoids the UK tribunal system, and there is less friction involved.  I have a feeling he's not homesick and is using it as stepping stone to get back into bigger club, I think the training himself was possibly the last straw before Pearson took over.  

20 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I actually think HNM would need replacing more urgently than Antoine.

Forwards: Wells, Weimann, Conway, Bell, Sykes, Martin

CM's (without HNM): Williams, Scott, James, Naismith, King

Granted we've injuries up top but Weimann should be back soon.

Ideally we'd replace both but I think we're a bit worryingly light in the middle. 

Sorry that makes no sense whatsoever.

He 's not played for ages whereas Semenyo was in form and scoring. You're included Martin who is leaving but not mentioned either Khadji or Tsylor-Ckarke who have been on the bench...

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Google translate

image.thumb.png.1f4f81eee4ccd31bd161984d2b51c94c.png

Good to see the article suggesting they'll cover the wages too. So assume saving us c£150k (my calculation could be way off) between now and the end of June plus the compensation? Every little helps.

It's a real shame it may end like this though as i think he's a great player and would've loved for him to stay.

Also, doesn't the window for transfers abroad stay open for a bit longer beyond Tuesdays domestic deadline?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Sorry that makes no sense whatsoever.

He 's not played for ages whereas Semenyo was in form and scoring. You're included Martin who is leaving but not mentioned either Khadji or Tsylor-Ckarke who have been on the bench...

Absolutely.

The current midfield pecking order is James, Naismith & Scott as first picks, then Williams, King, Taylor-Clarke & Kadji.

He’s optimistically our 7th choice, Semenyo was a guaranteed starter with Conway injured.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Good to see the article suggesting they'll cover the wages too. So assume saving us c£150k (my calculation could be way off) between now and the end of June plus the compensation? Every little helps.

It's a real shame it may end like this though as i think he's a great player and would've loved for him to stay.

Also, doesn't the window for transfers abroad stay open for a bit longer beyond Tuesdays domestic deadline?

Nope, exactly the same as ours.

• Thanks 1

Not really sure how i feel about this tbh. He is clearly way down the pecking order, and may as well offload him but i can't help but think HNM has had some shit advice. There is a decent player in their amongst all that hair, but you need to be playing. Concentrate on training well, and play. Show off your talent to get a move away not shut up shop. Disappointing to see a player with such a great opportunity piss around with his own career

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Not really sure how i feel about this tbh. He is clearly way down the pecking order, and may as well offload him but i can't help but think HNM has had some shit advice. There is a decent player in their amongst all that hair, but you need to be playing. Concentrate on training well, and play. Show off your talent to get a move away not shut up shop. Disappointing to see a player with such a great opportunity piss around with his own career

Sorry what has he done wrong? Just made it clear he isn't going to sign a new contract which is his prerogative. It's up to Nige if he doesn't want to play him-either due to triggering extra payments to Monaco Or to focus on committed players which is fair enough.  Should Han have signed a new contact if he wants to leave?

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What is that referring to?  Was he left to train on his own?

I don't know if you remember or not but around the time we had all the injuries, HNM had hired his own help to take care of his strength and conditioning as he wasn't impressed with the clubs efforts on that front.   For me if I was a pro, that would both boil my piss, and nudge me towards the door. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I don't know if you remember or not but around the time we had all the injuries, HNM had hired his own help to take care of his strength and conditioning as he wasn't impressed with the clubs efforts on that front.   For me if I was a pro, that would both boil my piss, and nudge me towards the door. 

Ah, ok…I know he has a guy that comes in pretty much every morning to do stuff with him before he heads off to Failand.

2 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

What about the window for loans. Does that slam shut on Tuesday as well?

Yes

• Like 2