IGNORED

Massengo - Loan to Auxerre (Confirmed)

Davefevs

7 hours ago, An Outstanding Human said:

Another day, another expensive and well paid asset having to go for little to nothing, another reminder of how poorly the club has been run over the last few years.

Pearson identified his contract issue as soon as he arrived here. 

For a young player he was on a hell of a lot of money so like others he was told if he were to sign it would be on reduced terms. 

To begin with Pearson gave him every opportunity to sign a new deal and show him that he was at the best club to progress his career.

HNM is a wise young man. He is a hard worker and he brought his family to Bristol with him. He had all the ingredients to be a Nigel Pearson type player. He would have flourished under Pearson however he was poorly advised by his agents. 

Once Nigel knew this he simply gave up on him and got him out of the 1st team. No point in wasting time and resources on a player that had began to think he could do better than us. 

Glad that we've got his wages off the payroll and although it will be small we will recieve some sort of fee for him I believe when he signs for a new club?

Pearson won't let this happen again. Hence why Semenyo was sold now. He was going to be sold in the summer but his injury put clubs off. But moving forward if a player shows no interest in signing a new deal, they'll be gone whilst we can get decent money for them.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Pearson identified his contract issue as soon as he arrived here. 

For a young player he was on a hell of a lot of money so like others he was told if he were to sign it would be on reduced terms. 

To begin with Pearson gave him every opportunity to sign a new deal and show him that he was at the best club to progress his career.

HNM is a wise young man. He is a hard worker and he brought his family to Bristol with him. He had all the ingredients to be a Nigel Pearson type player. He would have flourished under Pearson however he was poorly advised by his agents. 

Once Nigel knew this he simply gave up on him and got him out of the 1st team. No point in wasting time and resources on a player that had began to think he could do better than us. 

Glad that we've got his wages off the payroll and although it will be small we will recieve some sort of fee for him I believe when he signs for a new club?

Pearson won't let this happen again. Hence why Semenyo was sold now. He was going to be sold in the summer but his injury put clubs off. But moving forward if a player shows no interest in signing a new deal, they'll be gone whilst we can get decent money for them.

Do you think there's any truth in the 100 league appearances element? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Yes he has. He's no doubt signed a six month contract with Auxerre and his contract here expires in six months. In what scenario is he likely to still be a Bristol City player on July 1st.

I wonder if he’s got a longer deal with Auxerre ready to go ( I think players are able to negotiate with potential suitors 6 months before a contract ends). 

Auxerre offered a very small fee to buy him now, along the lines of what they hope/anticipate the tribunal will set. We have higher hopes/expectations and wanted more. So the 6 month loan is a compromise and then see what the tribunal set. 

Just a theory! 

40 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I wonder if he’s got a longer deal with Auxerre ready to go ( I think players are able to negotiate with potential suitors 6 months before a contract ends). 

Auxerre offered a very small fee to buy him now, along the lines of what they hope/anticipate the tribunal will set. We have higher hopes/expectations and wanted more. So the 6 month loan is a compromise and then see what the tribunal set. 

Just a theory! 

There was no option to buy as part of the loan.  That’s not to say there isn’t something stuffed in the drawer!

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

But option to buy normally requires a price?….…I think they may have just both agreed to wait and see what the tribunal says. As I say, entirely supposition!! 

There is no tribunal.  Assuming we have offered him a contract of equivalent wage to his current one we will get compo based on a set FIFA formula (RSTP compo scheme) as it’s a cross border transfer.  Assuming Auxerre are a FIFA Cat 1 club then we should get €90k per year here (€360k total).  If they are classed as Cat 2, then it’s €60k per year here.  It’s why I usually say circa €300k (split the difference).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

There is no tribunal.  Assuming we have offered him a contract of equivalent wage to his current one we will get compo based on a set FIFA formula (RSTP compo scheme) as it’s a cross border transfer.  Assuming Auxerre are a FIFA Cat 1 club then we should get €90k per year here (€360k total).  If they are classed as Cat 2, then it’s €60k per year here.  It’s why I usually say circa €300k (split the difference).

Ah, OK, thanks Dave. I didn’t realise it was a fixed formula. I’m still in the days of us stealing Alan Walsh via a tribunal!! 

• Haha 1

On 30/01/2023 at 09:31, Davefevs said:

You are right, assuming we have offered an equivalent contract then assuming he’s heading abroad we will get compo under FIFA RSTP scheme…and probably something in the region of €300k. ?

But if he plays and plays well some  one else might come in for him and we get a transfer fee. Or am I miles off the mark 

23 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

But if he plays and plays well some  one else might come in for him and we get a transfer fee. Or am I miles off the mark 

I don’t think anyone is gonna come in between now and 1st July and offer us more than €300k to stop him becoming a free agent.