IGNORED

Massengo - Loan to Auxerre (Confirmed)

Davefevs

20 hours ago, Rob k said:

In a nutshell HNM will occasionally have a very good game but for us he was nothing more than average overall.
I wish him well in his career as he seems a nice enough lad so good luck to him, am i bothered he’s gone? Not one bit 

I wonder if HNM was a bit like Nagy - a good player, but in the wrong country to show it.

• Like 3

On 27/03/2023 at 13:16, SecretSam said:

I wonder if HNM was a bit like Nagy - a good player, but in the wrong country to show it.

Wrong country and or wrong set-up.

In a setup whereby we play more possession oriented football, a CM 3 of Korey, one of Massengo and Nagy and Brownhill...looks quite good! When Korey injured both in there also decent.

Eliasson wider left, Weimann wider right and Afobe central.

Hunt or Pereira at RB, Kalas-Baker at CB and a fully fit 2018-19 level DaSilva at LB.

Yes not bad. When fit!

Bentley in goal or do we choose the more stabilising influence of Maenpaa.

Reserves like one of the above goalies, Hunt or Pereira, Moore, Williams, Rowe, O'Dowda (well maybe not but okay in 2018-19), one of Nagy or Massengo, Palmer to mix it up ie drop Eliasson, pair Weimann and Afobe with Palmer in a free role and Diedhiou- not bad eh! When fit. When utilised in a shape that best suits.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

Bentley (Maenpaa)

Hunt (Pereira) Kalas Baker DaSilva

Smith Nagy/Massengo

Weimann Brownhill Eliasson

Afobe

Subs: Bentley (Maenpaa), Hunt (Pereira), Moore, Williams, Rowe, Nagy/Massengo O'Dowda, Diedhiou

Out of possession, Brownhill can drop back and Weimann and Eliasson can support wider. Palmer part of a Plan B.

January sees Brownhill go and a big blow and Moore out on loan. Benkovic, Henriksen and Wells in adds some depth in addition to Paterson returning. Afobe injured sadly.

Bentley (Maenpaa)

Smith (Henriksen/Nagy/Massengo)

Weimann Paterson Eliasson

Wells

Subs: Bentley (Maenpaa), Hunt (Pereira), Williams, Benkovic, Rowe, Nagy/Henriksen/Massengo O'Dowda, Palmer, Diedhiou

Or

Bentley (Maenpaa)

Nagy Smith Henriksen (Massengo)

Palmer

Weimann Wells

Subs: Bentley (Maenpaa), Hunt (Pereira), Benkovic, Williams, Rowe, Nagy/Henriksen/Massengo/Smith, O'Dowda, Eliasson, Paterson, Diedhiou.

Yes strong depth although stronger in others if used well.

On 27/03/2023 at 13:16, SecretSam said:

I liked Nagy, that game (I think against Huddersfield) where we won 5-2 we played a midfield 4 of Brownhill - Nagy - Massengo - Eliasson and were incredible with Diedhiou and Weimann in front of them!

Looked a young hungry side but also had a lot of balance too, think Brownhill played very narrow and allowed Hunt to push on, but Eliasson played very high and wide with Rowe as cover.

Huddersfield were awful but I don't think I've ever seen a city side play as well as that one did first half, all young players too so it's a shame we couldn't kick on and keep/develop them further!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

I liked Nagy, that game (I think against Huddersfield) where we won 5-2 we played a midfield 4 of Brownhill - Nagy - Massengo - Eliasson and were incredible with Diedhiou and Weimann in front of them!

Looked a young hungry side but also had a lot of balance too, think Brownhill played very narrow and allowed Hunt to push on, but Eliasson played very high and wide with Rowe as cover.

Huddersfield were awful but I don't think I've ever seen a city side play as well as that one did first half, all young players too so it's a shame we couldn't kick on and keep/develop them further!

Yep, was a very lopsided set up.  From memory didn’t we stuff Luton and also win at Fulham in that short sequence of games?

(and then lose at home to Millwall)

Edited by Davefevs

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, was a very lopsided set up.  From memory didn’t we stuff Luton and also win at Fulham in that short sequence of games?

(and then lose at home to Millwall)

Was up and down...put Afobe in there and DaSilva-  as he was back then in a counterfactual world in there, more attacking edge v some deeper lying sides and who knows maybe some of the other games differently. All counterfactual of course.

Was looking at the wins v Huddersfield and Fulham with that team...where was Kalas? Injured again I assume. Put him in, more comfortable in a higher line..ah well.

Missed the match, how did he play?

It would have been a big occasion for Han-Noah playing against the team he and his family grew up supporting and lived near.

Also he would have enjoyed catching up with the scorer of two goals on the night, the superstar that is Kyllian Mbappé, who he knows from his time at Monaco.

Luckily Nantes look awful atm leaving Auxerre above the drop with 2 games to go.