IGNORED

Anis Mehmeti - Signed 3.5 Year Deal (Confirmed)

Gol

21 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

BristolWorld is an utterly pointless website. Have they ever had an exclusive, or even a “BristolWorld understands…”?

Not sure why they merit a seat at the weekly press conferences but there we are.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

As stressed before on here, I really do like Mehmeti. Would be a superb signing. 

You like him a lot don’t you.  I’m cooler on him, because although he is undoubtedly is a good player and very good on the ball, I always worry about the read-across from Wycombe’s style as very direct.  Can he get on the ball in the dangerous areas.

I’m still excited though.  Uses both feet too.

Just now, Davefevs said:

You like him a lot don’t you.  I’m cooler on him, because although he is undoubtedly is a good player and very good on the ball, I always worry about the read-across from Wycombe’s style as very direct.  Can he get on the ball in the dangerous areas.

I’m still excited though.  Uses both feet too.

Any kind of similarities albeit at a much lower and less experienced level to Mahrez you think Dave or is it more like Semenyo?

Loving the new direction in which our transfer policy appears to be heading. 

I'm genuinely excited about the next few years and seeing how it plays out with NP at the helm.  A better man for the current brief I think you'd struggle to find.  Despite the obvious challenges faced, I think Nige is properly enjoying and embracing the current situation/predicament, and is maybe even energised by the whole thing.  

It feels like we're building a squad of younger players with hunger and a desire to progress, regardless of if that's with the club, or in terms of their personal careers, either way we're the beneficiaries, and I for one am looking forward to watching it play out from my seat in the Dolman.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Harsh on King who it seems has had a huge influence in his 18 months here.

Maybe harsh on king, certainly not the worst more experienced player bought in over the years, could of said Simpson instead!

but my original point still stands, from this signing to O’brien, linked with the Wimbledon player who’s 21 this is the policy we should be inheriting now and in the future. Long may it continue 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's a bit- okay a lot- of hyperbole but Mehmeti our Mahrez (relative to level, age and so on).

Tricky winger, skilful- not saying he's as good as Mahrez but any stylistic similarities? One of the goals on a clip I saw was lovely.

I hope he turns out to be better than Mahrez as I've never been a fan of that show pony, even if he does have a good game now and then. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, HoldenBall said:

Maybe harsh on king, certainly not the worst more experienced player bought in over the years, could of said Simpson instead!

but my original point still stands, from this signing to O’brien, linked with the Wimbledon player who’s 21 this is the policy we should be inheriting now and in the future. Long may it continue 

Absolutely.  Bring in the “culture enablers” then bring in the players you want.  Young players with upside…but importantly young players who are likely to be on sensible money.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I hope he turns out to be better than Mahrez as I've never been a fan of that show pony, even if he does have a good game now and then. 

I get not liking someones style, but if he is as good as Mahrez then i'll be f#$k ing delighted! Man City paid £60m for him! He's a regular for one of the best sides in the world and hasn't scored less than 10 goals in a season since 2015!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Mahrez during Leicester's title season was fantastic but he was a star in a middling side who achieved something remarkable. His numbers are quite good at Man City but he's not first choice, one of many stars etc.

Plus what BCFC Rich said- coincidence though it is, Mahrez joined Leicester and NP aged...22.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

33 minutes ago, maxjak said:

If Mahrez is a Show Pony.............then De Bruyne is a Horse.   Do u watch much football? ?

I know I'm in the minority in my opinion of Mahrez but I believe too much hyperbole surrounds many players these days of which he is one example. I always get the impression that Mahrez plays for Mahrez. As a wide midfielder give me Bernardo Silva every time as he, like the aforementioned De Bruyne plays for Manchester City. 

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I know I'm in the minority in my opinion of Mahrez but I believe too much hyperbole surrounds many players these days of which he is one example. I always get the impression that Mahrez plays for Mahrez. As a wide midfielder give me Bernardo Silva every time as he, like the aforementioned De Bruyne plays for Manchester City. 

Look at his stats the seasons he was with Leicester ffs

22 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I don't think any player that plays for Pep can play for themselves. If they do they won't last long there. Pep loves Mahrez.

Pep has literally today bombed Cancelo out because Cancelo moaned about playing time. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

This must be a wind up surely?  The only thing he's not won in domestic football is the Champions League (of which he was a runner up)

Leicester City

Manchester City