IGNORED

How much?

Port Said Red

A fag packet estimate at an average of £35 a ticket x 26500 (maxed out cup capacity) that's receipts of around £925K. Take out costs and then 45%per club would leave around 350-400K for us. I thought I read somewhere that TV money is more like £125k per club which means around £1/2 million take home from this round alone(or  £3/4 million if we were to get through?).

A useful injection to the club's bank balance but not a game changer. 

Alex Scott playing in front of a live terrestrial audience .......now that's a game changer!

Edited by hantsred
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, hantsred said:

A fag packet estimate at an average of £35 a ticket x 26500 (maxed out cup capacity) that's receipts of around £925K. Take out costs and then 45%per club would leave around 350-400K for us. I thought I read somewhere that TV money is more like £125k per club which means around £1/2 million take home from this round alone(or  £3/4 million if we were to get through?).

A useful injection to the club's bank balance but not a game changer. 

Alex Scott playing in front of a live terrestrial audience .......now that's a game changer!

Plus all the commercial / sponsorship stuff too, e,g. Sleeve sponsor, advertising, hospitality, etc.

26 minutes ago, redkev said:

Would be a massive own goal if we don’t sell out 

They aren't aiming to sell out, they're aiming to maximise their income. (Look at the hospitality prices.) And sad as it is, all they're probably doing by raising prices, is cutting down on scalpers. I've absolutely nothing against non fans being charged high prices, its the people that were there against wba and/or Swansea that are now priced out are who I feel for.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Think of it over a time period. On average City get a very good FA Cup match every 5+ years, so a huge wedge isn’t too much per year. (That’s not much help when you have to pay now). Unfortunately it’s a case of supply and demand. City know it will be a sell out at these prices because , if regular supporters don’t want to go, there will be a lot of infrequent City supporters who do.  Maybe not fair on regulars but football is a money driven business. 

When you're losing £20m a year, you're aiming for every money grabbing opportunity that comes your way.

• Like 1

On 31/01/2023 at 14:32, Port Said Red said:

So we have earned £225k in prize money from the previous 2 rounds of the cup, a win in this round would double that, but the odds have to be against that. 

However, there is still money to be made, but how much? I would imagine that Gate receipts from a full house, hospitality etc would be approaching £750,000 assuming around £25 for around 20k adults and 7000 concessions at around £15  a ticket. An additional £120,000 in F&B, Gross should be achievable. We receive 50% of the Gate receipts but retain all the additional income.

It seems likely we will also get a live TV spot which is worth £247,500 to each team.What I am not sure of is whether we get more for any overseas sales that are likely considering our opposition and their global reach. 

I am sure there is potential for additional income from merchandise and collectables too. It seems that a gross £750,000 is a good ball park figure to expect.

A televised replay could also earn an additional £120,000 if it is televised and 50% of any gate receipts at the Etihad, would surely be greater than those from the home tie.

This could go some way to explaining why the purse strings seem to have been loosened even more than we thought today.

No Replay all on the night .

3 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

I'm just doing the maths, me + 2 kids = a ****ing huge wedge.

Don't know how old your kids are but if they are young enough to qualify you might think of it like this. £50(?) for kids ST with a free shirt doesn't look so bad, offsets the price of this match for sure.

But I do understand the financial implications. It's unexpected, and unbudgeted money in these tough times. I guess people are deciding whether they can justify the outcome for an evening of entertainment/a hobby, hard to argue its an 'essential' though.

58 minutes ago, RedM said:

Don't know how old your kids are but if they are young enough to qualify you might think of it like this. £50(?) for kids ST with a free shirt doesn't look so bad, offsets the price of this match for sure.

But I do understand the financial implications. It's unexpected, and unbudgeted money in these tough times. I guess people are deciding whether they can justify the outcome for an evening of entertainment/a hobby, hard to argue its an 'essential' though.

Exactly.

I know the cost of a ticket but I also know the value.

And, whilst I can afford it, I can't justify it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedM said:

To be fair, I can afford it and wouldn't want to miss this match. If it had been Wrexham at home I would have bought a ticket just the same. Can't really blame the club cashing in on a match v arguably the best team on the planet.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

People dream of us reaching the Premier League, but ironically I know if we ever get there then I'll most likely be priced out of watching the team I love.

So the question is, can I afford City to be successful?

Probably no.

10 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

I’m sure Steve Lansdown asks himself the same question every day!?

I'm sure he'll be ok.

Two things.

1 I would like to revise my estimate of the gate income, at those prices.

2 When you remember the silly prices that some of us were offered for out tickets in the League Cup games, are these prices really that bad?

As people have pointed out on the other thread, one off game, where they only keep 45% of the income and no prospect of a replay, means the club have to maximise their income from this.

• Like 1

Terrible pricing from city, but I do get they need to maximise what they can, its £64 for me and my boy to go, But for a one off game for my son to experience the atmosphere I experienced when we played man u and man City 5 years ago will be special. 

For me, this is not a season ticket game, nor a tier 2 match, so comparisons with league match prices are the wrong comparison to make.  This is in effect a PL match, and priced accordingly.

image.thumb.jpeg.cbbf457ba9866e705ad1c8badb5774aa.jpeg

And if you want the best seats is £48 that high?  Most people will pay somewhere between £30 - £44 for a match against one of the best teams in the world.

As a season ticket holder, your reward is the guarantee of a ticket.  Yeah, a few quid off would be nice, but looking at the FA Cup ticketing rules (not wholly clear), I think we’d have to offer Man City season ticket holders the same.  As it is likely that all their allocation would be season ticket holders, then that’s somewhere in the region of 17k tickets (out of 26.5k) at a discounted price, ie more discounted tickets sold than full price.  Plus we’ve not discounted season ticket prices in the previous two rounds, all we’re flat price season ticket or not.

So I think they are far from being terrible, disgraceful, whatever priced.

If we were in the PL this would be our top category priced game.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For me, this is not a season ticket game, nor a tier 2 match, so comparisons with league match prices are the wrong comparison to make.  This is in effect a PL match, and priced accordingly.

image.thumb.jpeg.cbbf457ba9866e705ad1c8badb5774aa.jpeg

And if you want the best seats is £48 that high?  Most people will pay somewhere between £30 - £44 for a match against one of the best teams in the world.

As a season ticket holder, your reward is the guarantee of a ticket.  Yeah, a few quid off would be nice, but looking at the FA Cup ticketing rules (not wholly clear), I think we’d have to offer Man City season ticket holders the same.  As it is likely that all their allocation would be season ticket holders, then that’s somewhere in the region of 17k tickets (out of 26.5k) at a discounted price, ie more discounted tickets sold than full price.  Plus we’ve not discounted season ticket prices in the previous two rounds, all we’re flat price season ticket or not.

So I think they are far from being terrible, disgraceful, whatever priced.

If we were in the PL this would be our top category priced game.

Good post Dave.

Lots of season ticket holders on twitter crowing that they should have had a discount. People talk like the money they’ve paid was a charity donation. No - it gives you access to 23 matches in a seat of your choice at the best possible per-game price, a discount on food and merchandise, and a first-priority guaranteed seat for all cup games.

I don’t really buy the mentality that season ticket holders are somehow owed even more than what they are already getting.

I also don’t like the suggestion by some that anyone who isn’t a STH is a “daytripper”. Lots of lifelong supporters aren’t STH for a variety of very good reasons.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Good post Dave.

Lots of season ticket holders on twitter crowing that they should have had a discount. People talk like the money they’ve paid was a charity donation. No - it gives you access to 23 matches in a seat of your choice at the best possible per-game price, a discount on food and merchandise, and a first-priority guaranteed seat for all cup games.

I don’t really buy the mentality that season ticket holders are somehow owed even more than what they are already getting.

I also don’t like the suggestion by some that anyone who isn’t a STH is a “daytripper”. Lots of lifelong supporters aren’t STH for a variety of very good reasons.

Ta.  A good point made elsewhere is that you can of course trade your ticket down for a cheaper priced seat if you currently have a season card in one of the more expensive areas.  That might help some.

• Like 1

The 'net profit' (as defined by the FA) from the sale of tickets will be split 55% to Bristol City and 45% to Manchester City.    Bristol City get an extra chunk as their opponents are in the Premier League.

Nothing goes to the FA or any other organisation until the semi-finals nowadays.

All the other money earned at the ground goes straight to the home club.

Edited by Hxj
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Hxj said:

The 'net profit' (as defined by the FA) from the sale of tickets will be split 55% to Bristol City and 45% to Manchester City.    Bristol City get an extra chunk as their opponents are in the Premier League.

Nothing goes to the FA or any other organisation until the semi-finals nowadays.

All the other money earned at the ground goes straight to the home club.

I guess the price differential is to cover policing costs etc? I must admit I thought it was 45 45 10, but that's even better. The FA probably make their money on the TV side and their own marketing.

4 hours ago, Hxj said:

Plus a big chunk from the semi-final matches and 90% of the ticket money from the final, the balance on that match goes to the 'Pool'.

If you win the whole thing, I think your total prize money approaches £4m (£2m final, £1m semi, £500k qf etc ), so I'm not too worried about the fa keeping that much of my cup final ticket.

5 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Good post Dave.

Weren’t you “crowing” a matter of days ago ? Certainly read as if you felt you should get a ticket (as a member) over newer members. 

17 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Weren’t you “crowing” a matter of days ago ? Certainly read as if you felt you should get a ticket (as a member) over newer members. 

Two different issues.

You think a long standing member thinking they deserve a ticket over someone who has just signed up for one game…is not a valid concern?