IGNORED

How much?

Port Said Red

So we have earned £225k in prize money from the previous 2 rounds of the cup, a win in this round would double that, but the odds have to be against that. 

However, there is still money to be made, but how much? I would imagine that Gate receipts from a full house, hospitality etc would be approaching £750,000 assuming around £25 for around 20k adults and 7000 concessions at around £15  a ticket. An additional £120,000 in F&B, Gross should be achievable. We receive 50% of the Gate receipts but retain all the additional income.

It seems likely we will also get a live TV spot which is worth £247,500 to each team.What I am not sure of is whether we get more for any overseas sales that are likely considering our opposition and their global reach. 

I am sure there is potential for additional income from merchandise and collectables too. It seems that a gross £750,000 is a good ball park figure to expect.

A televised replay could also earn an additional £120,000 if it is televised and 50% of any gate receipts at the Etihad, would surely be greater than those from the home tie.

This could go some way to explaining why the purse strings seem to have been loosened even more than we thought today.

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So we have earned £225k in prize money from the previous 2 rounds of the cup, a win in this round would double that, but the odds have to be against that. 

However, there is still money to be made, but how much? I would imagine that Gate receipts from a full house, hospitality etc would be approaching £750,000 assuming around £25 for around 20k adults and 7000 concessions at around £15  a ticket. An additional £120,000 in F&B, Gross should be achievable. We receive 50% of the Gate receipts but retain all the additional income.

It seems likely we will also get a live TV spot which is worth £247,500 to each team.What I am not sure of is whether we get more for any overseas sales that are likely considering our opposition and their global reach. 

I am sure there is potential for additional income from merchandise and collectables too. It seems that a gross £750,000 is a good ball park figure to expect.

A televised replay could also earn an additional £120,000 if it is televised and 50% of any gate receipts at the Etihad, would surely be greater than those from the home tie.

This could go some way to explaining why the purse strings seem to have been loosened even more than we thought today.

No replays.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

With regard to ticket sales revenue, I thought the FA took a significant wedge before splitting the remaining between the two clubs?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

With regard to ticket sales revenue, I thought the FA took a significant wedge before splitting the remaining between the two clubs?

I thought that was only in the final? Seems strange that they would take gate revenue and then dish out prize money to the winner?

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I thought that was only in the final? Seems strange that they would take gate revenue and then dish out prize money to the winner?

That may be the case! I’m guessing the prize money is already ready set for each round and if so, how’s it financed? Mind you not having replays in this round reduces the chance of any extra revenue. Well, we are talking about the FA! ?

1 hour ago, East End Old Boy said:

That may be the case! I’m guessing the prize money is already ready set for each round and if so, how’s it financed? Mind you not having replays in this round reduces the chance of any extra revenue. Well, we are talking about the FA! ?

https://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/prize-fund

The prize fund is £19,829,800. This undoubtably is funded by the main competition sponsor - Emirates.

(Obviously by stating something as 'fact', I'm just clock watching until I'm disproved ... )

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Like 1

On 31/01/2023 at 14:32, Port Said Red said:

A very useful financial reward for beating the Baggies.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Shocking prices.

We'll be giving this one a swerve.

If we ever get to the prem we won’t be seeing you then ,not saying your wrong I’m just saying how it is.

prem prices are disgustingly high , especially Spurs , Arsenal & Chelsea

Edited by redkev
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

I'm just doing the maths, me + 2 kids = a ****ing huge wedge.

Think of it over a time period. On average City get a very good FA Cup match every 5+ years, so a huge wedge isn’t too much per year. (That’s not much help when you have to pay now). Unfortunately it’s a case of supply and demand. City know it will be a sell out at these prices because , if regular supporters don’t want to go, there will be a lot of infrequent City supporters who do.  Maybe not fair on regulars but football is a money driven business. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Think of it over a time period. On average City get a very good FA Cup match every 5+ years, so a huge wedge isn’t too much per year. (That’s not much help when you have to pay now). Unfortunately it’s a case of supply and demand. City know it will be a sell out at these prices because , if regular supporters don’t want to go, there will be a lot of infrequent City supporters who do.  Maybe not fair on regulars but football is a money driven business. 

Would be a massive own goal if we don’t sell out