IGNORED

Timm Klose and Chris Martin leave (Confirmed)

Silvio Dante

With currently no apparent movement on the Martin/Klose front and them both not being in the first team picture, my expectation is that come about 5pm tomorrow we’ll announce that we’ve come to terms for the release of both.

Keeping them post Feb 1st means they can’t move elsewhere even if we subsequently come to settlement terms, and potentially an early release could be done without the commitment of honouring all wages (on agreement).

I’d strongly imagine this will happen tomorrow.

• Like 3

I can see that working for Martin although would be surprised if he doesn’t move to League One by tomorrow. I’m not sure what the incentive is for Klose as by all accounts he is retiring at the end of the season so he does not need a contract settlement. He may wish to see out the season and collect wages for a few more months unless he wants to just get back to his family earlier.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

With currently no apparent movement on the Martin/Klose front and them both not being in the first team picture, my expectation is that come about 5pm tomorrow we’ll announce that we’ve come to terms for the release of both.

Keeping them post Feb 1st means they can’t move elsewhere even if we subsequently come to settlement terms, and potentially an early release could be done without the commitment of honouring all wages (on agreement).

I’d strongly imagine this will happen tomorrow.

But surely we would need to pay up their contract or at least agree a financial settlement with them.

Assuming that Kalas is on the contract claimed on here why would he be remotely interested in that? He can turn up to training keep his nose clean and get paid full whack until the summer. No matter what his future plans are he is not going to get a contract elsewhere on similar terms, so, sit tight take the money and decide on your future in the summer.

Martin could be a similar scenario but, again, he won’t get what he is on here elsewhere, those days are done, at least for a while.

1 minute ago, ScottishRed said:

But surely we would need to pay up their contract or at least agree a financial settlement with them.

Assuming that Kalas is on the contract claimed on here why would he be remotely interested in that? He can turn up to training keep his nose clean and get paid full whack until the summer. No matter what his future plans are he is not going to get a contract elsewhere on similar terms, so, sit tight take the money and decide on your future in the summer.

Martin could be a similar scenario but, again, he won’t get what he is on here elsewhere, those days are done, at least for a while.

Assume this TK is Klose not Kalas.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ScottishRed said:

Presume he meant Klose, not Kalas. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Assume this TK is Klose not Kalas.

9 minutes ago, James54De said:

Presume he meant Klose, not Kalas. 

Correct - I think I said Klose in the OP!

I think Martin and Klose would negotiate a payoff for different reasons - CM will still be looking for a club and it’s better to get in now than wait for the bunfight in the summer. In fact, I’d be willing to bet he has some clubs interested and it’s just squaring the difference between our wages and what he’d get paid elsewhere. Either way, a partial settlement works better for us financially than keeping on books to 30th June.

For Klose, he’s got a young family in Switzerland. He’s away from them, next club won’t be in the UK and he has expense of being over here/travel back (granted not as significant for a footballers wages but still a consideration). Why be away from your baby son for another six months when you can take a settlement of say 50% and find a club near your base?

Both moves just make sense.

(FWIW with Kalas I wouldn’t be doing similar. He’s in the first team fold, younger and I think there is a bit of feeling out here whether both parties want to remain engaged next year)

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Did I imagine it, or has Klose expressed an interest in going into coaching?

He talked last summer about becoming a Director of Football.

He’s clearly a smart bloke & possibly sees this as his longer term career back home or maybe in Germany.

There was a rumour a week or so ago that he was doing some coaching of one of the younger groups, absolutely no idea of the truth of that.

• Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He talked last summer about becoming a Director of Football.

He’s clearly a smart bloke & possibly sees this as his longer term career back home or maybe in Germany.

There was a rumour a week or so ago that he was doing some coaching of one of the younger groups, absolutely no idea of the truth of that.

He definitely is coaching the youngsters, he’s up at HPC at least one night a week with the youth development phase sides at the moment. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I see that Charlton have sold Jayden Stockley to Fleetwood. Think there is a chance Chris Martin may end up signing for Dean Holden at Charlton.

Said that to Dave Fevs earlier, every chance, I should think.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I see that Charlton have sold Jayden Stockley to Fleetwood. Think there is a chance Chris Martin may end up signing for Dean Holden at Charlton.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Said that to Dave Fevs earlier, every chance, I should think.

That thought immediately popped into my head when I heard Stockley had gone too.

Chris Martin and Timm Klose this evening left Bristol City by mutual agreement.   

Chris joined City in September 2020 and made 95 appearances, scoring 17 goals, including three against Severnside derby rivals Cardiff City, as well as providing 11 assists.   

Timm arrived in BS3 in January 2022 and has made 30 appearances and scored one goal.

Manager Nigel Pearson said: “Chris and Tim have both come in today and said goodbye. On behalf of everyone at Bristol City I’d like to wish them both well for the future and thank them for their service to the club.”

• Like 2