IGNORED

Abba Voyage - anyone been

Markman

On 01/02/2023 at 10:33, Markman said:

getting a bit of pressure from Mrs Markman to take her to this - anyone been? Is it any good - seems a lot of money but if it was a band I liked I might not be so picky :laugh:

The wife went with her parents and our daughter. I’d say all are ABBA “Likers” as opposed to lovers. They absolutely loved it, thought it was a fantastic show and said they’d go again.

I said I wasn’t up for going - my wife advised if I changed my mind, she was the first in line.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Markman Yes. Today! I went with my daughter (age 9) who loves the Mamma Mia movies.

I don’t mind ABBA’s music (OK I admit it, I rather enjoy it) but even if you don’t, you can’t help but marvel at the technical achievement. It’s astonishing. I worried it might feel like a sterile experience but it just…wasn’t. I was quite happy to get swept up in it and just accept the ridiculous idea that the band in their 70s pomp were right there in front of me.

We had a terrific day and you’d have to be the most miserable of miserable old buggers not to get any enjoyment from it.

Definitely worth the money money money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Our company have planned a “winter” get together in March so we’re going to this. Seen good things so I’m looking forward to it

Sounds good - I know I have to go so going April - nice couple of days out - others have said it is really pretty entertaining even if ABBA are not top of your list - hopefully Mrs Markman will really enjoy it

feedback having been - it's ok

It was a good show but never felt like a concert - the best track was the band doing does your mama know as it felt real and it was live - to be honest this was a huge price and cost and was never worth it other than to say "we have been" - my wife a huge ABBA fan said it sounded like the chipmunks at times - and it did :laugh:

Great lighting, incredibly expensive drink, but unless you are a diehard prob not worth the money for  what was a good show just perhaps not as good as I had hoped

16 hours ago, Markman said:

feedback having been - it's ok

It was a good show but never felt like a concert - the best track was the band doing does your mama know as it felt real and it was live - to be honest this was a huge price and cost and was never worth it other than to say "we have been" - my wife a huge ABBA fan said it sounded like the chipmunks at times - and it did :laugh:

Great lighting, incredibly expensive drink, but unless you are a diehard prob not worth the money for  what was a good show just perhaps not as good as I had hoped

I don't even like ABBA , but as the Wife does and the "event" itself sounded interesting I was tempted. Cost and the fact there were only standing tickets left meant I hesitated . I think you may have saved me some money with this review . :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Went with 'er indoors at the weekend. Train up& back. Stayed in Stratford. Gig friday night. Saturday at leisure. Absolutely bloody loved it. Drinks & Food not outrageously priced and the venue was very clean & didn't feel too claustrophobic as some places can. 

I would go back in a heartbeat. Absolutely recommended. 

On 30/01/2024 at 14:39, CyderInACan said:

Went with 'er indoors at the weekend. Train up& back. Stayed in Stratford. Gig friday night. Saturday at leisure. Absolutely bloody loved it. Drinks & Food not outrageously priced and the venue was very clean & didn't feel too claustrophobic as some places can. 

I would go back in a heartbeat. Absolutely recommended. 

Glad it worked out - funny how it seems different to different people - I am glad we went but maybe we did not think quite as good as you - venue was good though

• Like 1