IGNORED

Preston North End away match thread

33 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

Absolute quality run by Wells. So intelligent.

Hard to believe that this is the same player that did not seem to want to be here ( as I think many on here thought was the case) after being signed by LJ, and even well into Pearson's reign. I'm also pretty certain that many though he would one of the first to be shipped out when NP started to remove deadwood and high wage earners.

Credit Wells though, that since signing his new contract he has looked like a man re-born. I think he is relishing his roll as senior pro mentor to firstly Conway and now Bell. It is noticeable how much more effective his partnerships with these two have been than when he was partnered with Antoine. 

• Like 7
3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Yeh. He’s in credit. 

It was a bad mistake but I do think any player that comes through our youth system tends to be under the microscope a lot more than players we buy. It's similar with Vyner. He's massively improved this season but you can utterly guarantee that the next time he makes an error, there'll be plenty of fans who immediately forget the good performances and go straight back to cries of "League One at best".

I'm still not sold on O'Leary as the long-term answer but he's more than earned his place at present. But I honestly think that some fans will never see him as "in credit", no matter what he does. 

Just now, awbb said:

Standard Championship official. Misses some shithousery, sees retaliation and punishes accordingly. Rest of team unhappy at injustice. Ref, instead of acknowledging he might have missed one, just gets belligerent and doubles down.

It's the same ref that Nigel threatened to walk away from football, because of his last performance against us.

• Like 2