IGNORED

Phil Alexander Interview?

W-S-M Seagull

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Brilliant. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully not too probing….do you think he applied for the job or was approached?

No problem. In all honesty I have no idea. When he took the consultancy role at Wycombe I assumed it was part of semi-retirement so I was quite surprised to see him appointed at City. Football is quite a close community so I wouldn’t be surprised if he was approached following a recommendation. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Interesting that he said Richard Scudamore is very involved here and I wondered in what capacity or if I had missed something previously about his involvement. It certainly helps the profile of the club I would imagine and maybe he is involved with attracting investors. That would make sense. 

It's unofficial. Scudamore isn't a director or employee. He's a fan with a profile who knows Lansdown and he talks to the directors and gives them advice when they ask for it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Think all the talk of money and costs was just a continued early indicator for fan expectations as to what markets we'll be shopping in for a while, wouldn't be shocked if Ashton Gate's naming rights get sold though, came across as that sort of any chance for a buck as long as it makes sense sort of approach

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

That doesn't sound like he's "very much heavily involved" like Alexander says.

Probably a case he's available for a phone call whenever City want to reach out and wouldn't be surprised if he helped City in the search for both Gould and Alexander

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

It's how Richard Gould described Scudamore's involvement to me. Alexander will have his own relationship with Scudamore, but the description fits with what we know.

Unless Scudamore is heavily involved with SLs plans to source investment/find a buyer… who better to explain the potential of the club to a foreign invested than a man who used to run the Prem League. All speculation on my part…. I haven’t the foggiest!! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Think all the talk of money and costs was just a continued early indicator for fan expectations as to what markets we'll be shopping in for a while, wouldn't be shocked if Ashton Gate's naming rights get sold though, came across as that sort of any chance for a buck as long as it makes sense sort of approach

Probably a case he's available for a phone call whenever City want to reach out and wouldn't be surprised if he helped City in the search for both Gould and Alexander

Well if we continue to shop in the sort of markets that sell Anis Mehmetis then you won't hear many complaints from me!

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Well if we continue to shop in the sort of markets that sell Anis Mehmetis then you won't hear many complaints from me!

That was probably helped by the release clause, won't be many of those knocking around for players like him, however you may find some £300,000 ones for multi million pound players....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

It's how Richard Gould described Scudamore's involvement to me. Alexander will have his own relationship with Scudamore, but the description fits with what we know.

What we now know is that Phil Alexander has said he is heavily involved which is clearly more than the odd chat and phone call here and there. 

3 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

What we now know is that Phil Alexander has said he is heavily involved which is clearly more than the odd chat and phone call here and there. 

Would be interesting to know if Scudamore is on the payroll at the club. For Alexander to say he is ‘heavily’ involved would suggest so.

My understanding was that Scudamore was an unofficial consultant so to speak, this interview would more a less confirm that.