IGNORED

Kane Wilson

pl00peh91

Played for the U21s today. Really can’t wait to see what he can do in a City shirt. This season is probably too soon for him, and I know there have been some concerns defensively, so probably best to build him back slowly and get him ready for next season. Interesting to see how we play him too as we bought him with 352 in mind and now we play with a four. Was interesting to see how Pearson preferred an out of position Sykes to him earlier in the a season.

Either way, happy to see his recovery is going well and look forward to seeing him soon.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

Played for the U21s today. Really can’t wait to see what he can do in a City shirt. This season is probably too soon for him, and I know there have been some concerns defensively, so probably best to build him back slowly and get him ready for next season. Interesting to see how we play him too as we bought him with 352 in mind and now we play with a four. Was interesting to see how Pearson preferred an out of position Sykes to him earlier in the a season.

Either way, happy to see his recovery is going well and look forward to seeing him soon.

He’s played a lot at RB too, so hopefully he can be versatile going forward (in more ways than one)

image.png.41ae08cc257a0fd65c15655276545549.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

I don’t think Sykes was preferred as such. Wilson took a knock before his current injury so Sykes got the nod and then didn’t really do much wrong so kept his place 

I remember there was a home game early on where Pearson played Alex Scott in RWB rather than Wilson, I think he justified it by saying he wanted all his best players on the pitch at the time, but I felt Pearson was reluctant to play him because of perceived defensive issues. 

5 hours ago, pl00peh91 said:

I remember there was a home game early on where Pearson played Alex Scott in RWB rather than Wilson, I think he justified it by saying he wanted all his best players on the pitch at the time, but I felt Pearson was reluctant to play him because of perceived defensive issues. 

NP sees something in him or he not he here. 

He's not going to suddenly come back as some right sided superstar and the answer to all our problems just for being out injured!

Is it only here that players are escalated to Messiah status while out injured.

He wasn't good enough before his injury and will need time and patience on the training ground to be anywhere near championship standard

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, frenchred said:

He's not going to suddenly come back as some right sided superstar and the answer to all our problems just for being out injured!

He wasn't good enough before his injury and will need time and patience on the training ground to be anywhere near championship standard

Indeed. Hopefully he can work his way back into contention and get some game time towards the end of this season. Your hoping then with a full pre-season under his belt we can see his full potential next season.

I must admit he was the summer signing i was most excited about when he came in but it unfortunately just hasn’t worked out for him here thus far.

2 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Don’t forget he was trying play on an injury, trying to get through the pain.  It ultimately needed surgery.  I wouldn’t judge too much from a few sub appearances early doors.  Totally right to reserve judgement though.

17 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Not sure anyone's said anything like that.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

There is a small section of this forum who will say something negative and then would prefer that player played poorly to be proved right than for them to play well, help the team, and be proved wrong.  Bizarre 

Precisely this. As you said there is a small minority on here that would rather be proven ‘right’ about a manager or player even if it is at the expense of the club winning football matches.

Without a doubt there is a small % that are pissed off right now that Pearson seems to have turnt us around and we are winning games again. We have seen it time and time over the years, it was the same with Johnson jnr and snr Cotts etc etc. It’s mental really and quite sad.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

20 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Precisely this. As you said there is a small minority on here that would rather be proven ‘right’ about a manager or player even if it is at the expense of the club winning football matches.

Without a doubt there is a small % that are pissed off right now that Pearson seems to have turnt us around and we are winning games again. We have seen it time and time over the years, it was the same with Johnson jnr and snr Cotts etc etc. It’s mental really and quite sad.

Turnt is a great word

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

54 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

You're not wrong. But I also see a small section obsessed with them, after a win I see "that'll upset the usual suspects" and so on. Just makes me cringe when their first reaction is to gain a moral high after a win. Just don't understand it personally. 

The best thing you can do to very negative posters is to ignore them. I'm sure they're in their hole right now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, frenchred said:

He played well and looked good in pre season games. Barely played many league minutes and was clearly playing with an injury imo. How can you judge him on so little game time ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

He played well and looked good in pre season games. Barely played many league minutes and was clearly playing with an injury imo. How can you judge him on so little game time ?

I am not judging him at all despite those on here claiming I must moan about something!

He wasn't the answer before his injury and will need time and probs a pre season with us for him to be of Benefit.to our team how we are currently playing 

Again despite all those claiming negativity I hope the lad proves to be our answer and goes on to have a stellar career with us

Just now, frenchred said:

I am not judging him at all despite those on here claiming I must moan about something!

He wasn't the answer before his injury and will need time and probs a pre season with us for him to be of Benefit.to our team how we are currently playing 

Again despite all those claiming negativity I hope the lad proves to be our answer and goes on to have a stellar career with us

I think what some of us are saying / asking is how are you forming that opinion….because he barely played any minutes and some of those minutes were whilst trying to carry on playing whilst being injured.  He looked half tidy pre-season, exciting v Hull, less so v Sunderland, decent against Cov (cup) etc.

Theres a big difference between “he wasn’t the answer before his injury” and “I’ve not seen enough to judge”, isn’t there?  Maybe it’s just the way you’ve worded it??? ?

• Like 2