IGNORED

Man City - no, not tickets, but dodgy stuff…as if!!!

Davefevs

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3045970

The statement, perhaps the finer detail.

Reference at para 3 to breaching UEFA regs in seasons outside of that previous UEFA case, so as I said, it will be interesting to see whether UEFA come at them again.

Plus allegations extending into the most recent seasons, including this one we are in now, around providing documents, access and information to the PL in its investigations.

"the Commission’s final award will be published on the Premier League’s website." so we will hear the final decision eventually.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Keep the Faith said:

Can we have the league cup they screwed us out of in 2018?

Let's say we had won that then beat Arsenal, we are then into Europe, okay Europa League.

Thst prize money probably enables us to take the risk on keeping one if Bryan or Reid going got promotion as well as adding Maenpaa, Hunt, Webster, Weimann. Wonder how much that cost us...ripple effect etc.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Let's say we had won that them into Europe, okay Europa League.

Thst prize money probably enables us to take the risk on keeping one if Bryan or Reid going got promotion as well as adding Maenpaa, Hunt, Webster, Weimann. Wonder how much that cost us...ripple effect etc.

LJ would have been right about Europe in 5 years....he should sue them personally as he'd have a statue outside Ashton Gate by now if it wasn't for them

• Haha 3

Honest question...does anyone not think this goes on in football at many many clubs across the world?

We only talk about it, when there are investigations. 

Surely we attend games and pay for our subscriptions knowing full well corruption is most likely a common theme throughout the sport.

The same with Government. We know they are all corrupt yet we keep voting for them. 

Surely no one is surprised? 

The rich get richer...get found out, often get away with it, or a slap on the wrist, tomorrows chip paper...whilst the fan or voter moans about it, knowing deep down it goes on, yet continues to support it. ?

Funny ol' world.

Edited by spudski
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Let's say we had won that them into Europe, okay Europa League.

Whilst my comment was a bit tongue in cheek if found guilty what does this open them up to in terms of being sued by pretty much anyone for some sort of loss of revenue? Could be an epic class action!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Keep the Faith said:

Whilst my comment was a bit tongue in cheek if found guilty what does this open them up to in terms of being sued by pretty much anyone for some sort of loss of revenue? Could be an epic class action!

I do wonder, everyone who they have eliminated in a Cup competition especially the CL, everyone who has lost out on prize money in the League...well.

27 minutes ago, spudski said:

Honest question...does anyone not think this goes on in football at many many clubs across the world?

We only talk about it, when there are investigations. 

Surely we attend games and pay for our subscriptions knowing full well corruption is most likely a common theme throughout the sport.

The same with Government. We know they are all corrupt yet we keep voting for them. 

Surely no one is surprised? 

The rich get richer...get found out, often get away with it, or a slap on the wrist, tomorrows chip paper...whilst the fan or voter moans about it, knowing deep down it goes on, yet continues to support it. ?

Funny ol' world.

I don't really think anyone is surprised at all, no.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Okay this also raised a quite interesting question.

Statute of limitations?? To what extent therefore can the Foorball League under the same aligned P&S regs therefore revisit the Aston Villa to 2019, perhaps the Wolves to 2018 although I'm unsure that was a 2018, Fulham to last year? Stoke recorded some huge losses albeit less problem there owing to Covid, list goes on.

Nottingham Forest to last year- PL with Everton?

Ironically I don't think Bournemouth breached to 2022 but will be of interest to see their 2022 numbers as well.

I’m not as clued up on this sort of thing as you are but didn’t wolves make a big profit in the season before they went hard in the championship? .

11 minutes ago, Winterstoke toad said:

I’m not as clued up on this sort of thing as you are but didn’t wolves make a big profit in the season before they went hard in the championship? .

I'll give it a go.

Think they turned a profit in 2015-16 so the 1st year of the cycle.

The questions about Wolves related less about FFP ie the £39m loss as such, more about whether Neves and co were being paid a true market rate, the links to Mendes etc.

Kieran Maguire, Swiss Ramble both had Wolves within the limits based on the accounts as presented. Question is how did their links with Mendes help with this?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Think they turned a profit in 2015-16 so the 1st year of the cycle.

The questions about Wolves related less about FFP ie the £39m loss as such, more about whether Neves and co were being paid a true market rate, the links to Mendes etc.

Kieran Maguire, Swiss Ramble both had Wolves within the limits based on the accounts as presented. Question is how did their links with Mendes help with this?

Ah I see 

Neves did seem one hell of a mad signing for a championship team 

• Like 1