IGNORED

Man City - no, not tickets, but dodgy stuff…as if!!!

Davefevs

5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Meanwhile, in a galaxy far far away from the one PL clubs live in:

Southend United: MP Anna Firth 'hopeful' football club will survive - BBC News

£1.4m. What`s that? A month`s wages for Haaland?

Less than the £1.7m Mancini was paid for four days of "consultant" coaching in Abu Dhabi.

@Lanterne Rouge although presumably HMRC will happily accept just 25% of that £1.4m, given the deal they struck with Derby last year. They can't be going after the whole amount just because Southend are a smaller club in a lower league...could they?

• Like 1
  • Flames 3

If demoted, chatter seems to be League 2.

Haaland? Read he's on £900k per week so maybe less than a fortnight wages if accurate. Dunno if gross, net etc so maybe stick wirh month.

@downendcity mentioned a while ago. Definitely the case it has most in common with is the Derby one IMO, from a few angles.

I've pointed this to a few well informed Man City fans or at least some with a lot of followed on Twitter, ones who express shock or scepticism that validity of the accounts could be called into question. Maybe they're right but radio silence to my points when I point out that Derby had to restate 6 years worth of accounts albeit for different reasons.

Complex accounting, creative accounting, lack of cooperation, multiple companies...should some of those I listed the other day be 'captured' for FFP purposes.

This case is much bigger but this and Derby seem the closest match to date.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

Doesnt seem to be affecting the team/squad too much yet, having watched them demolish Villa yesterday.

We may have to up our game a bit more when they visit, whether they send out some kids or not. Didnt do too bad last time our paths crossed though?

11 minutes ago, gl2 said:

Doesnt seem to be affecting the team/squad too much yet, having watched them demolish Villa yesterday.

We may have to up our game a bit more when they visit, whether they send out some kids or not. Didnt do too bad last time our paths crossed though?

I looked at the likes of Foden on the bench and thought it's not likely to be a weakened side in the traditional sense is it?

Screenshot_2023-02-13-07-41-42-46_4e3a4e884d35a3e473eec66b07ef8cea.thumb.jpg.c2152b28560e5f767036a25e83f76e7d.jpg

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/manchester-city-launch-legal-fight-against-premier-league-charges-jsnmztkmm

Now surely taking it beyond the League or general arbitration system should lead to suspension or expulsion. It mentions approaches of appeal.

They went to the High Court to try to get the earlier investigations stopped and lost.

This latest effort is no doubt a delaying tactic. They will likely lose the case but they'll drag the process out for years.

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

They went to the High Court to try to get the earlier investigations stopped and lost.

This latest effort is no doubt a delaying tactic. They will likely lose the case but they'll drag the process out for years.

Thanks, yes a delaying tactic for this phase for sure.

My concern is maybe it wasn't so well reported but if they are appealing a Verdict and Appeal outside of the system that is not acceptable.

Man City and a potential trial date is reportedly for Autumn 2024!

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/premier-league-agree-trial-date-over-manchester-city-115-ffp-breaches/blt3a8b8cec780c2710

I restate my view that the breach question marks in respect of the Upper PL limit are to 2017-18 at worst, perhaps to 2015-16 in respect of 3 year periods. £105m plus allowables remember.

The gap between accumulated profit in 3 year periods, allowables and £105m makes me think legit from 2018-19 and perhaps even 2016-17. Because as you gtow as a club, win, win and win revenue streams go up and up. As your player transfer ptofird increase so does the headroom.

Concealment or non cooperation could certainly be after, as could individual breaches but PL P&S headroom minus profit minus allowables, it feels like they'll remain in line beyond a certain point.

The UEFA stuff of €30m plus allowables over 3 years is much easier to fail.

The very foundations of their success and probable £105m loss legitimacy though, well time will tell. Hopefully this will determine it without fear or favour.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous