IGNORED

Kal Naismith Podcast

grifty

I have an interest in Scottish football and listen to most of the Open Goal episodes. They’re funny lads who, from time to time, throw out little stories about Kal that give a glimpse into Bristol City.

Nothing too deep, but it has been reassuring over the season to hear that Kal is loving Bristol, BCFC and he thinks the squad is unbelievable (in the best possible way).

19 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Nice one,first time I have seen these podcasts,by the way who are the other four lads?

Si Ferry - played for Celtic, then down in England - most notably under DiCanio at Swindon.

Paul “Slaney” Slane - Motherwell wonder kid who scored in the Europa when he was 17, I think. Moved to Celtic but suffered career ending injuries before it really began.

Andy Halliday - Middlesbrough, Blackpool, Bradford, Rangers… currently at Hearts.

Big Kevin Kyle - Sunderland, Coventry, Wolves, Kilmarnock, Hearts, Rangers…

Between them, they’re an encyclopaedia of football and given the teams they played for, you can sometimes get a few insights into some current and former BCFC players.

Si Ferry has a great two part Under the Cosh, mostly talking about how insane Di Canio was.

He’s also documenting his managerial journey which began at Peterhead but has now moved to the podcast funded Broomhill.

I’d also recommend Si Ferry and Slaney interviewing Carragher. They get him to open up and I found it very interesting despite having no interest in Carragher or Liverpool.

Beyond that, just jump in. They do a few each week.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

You need to watch some Rab C Nesbitt first. Really good training.!!!

That and a bit of Trainspotting! I work with a lot of Scots and have done for years and so that helps as well. Kal and his pals are pretty easy on the ears compared to some of them tbh! 

Edited by lenred

4 hours ago, lenred said:

That and a bit of Trainspotting! I work with a lot of Scots and have done for years and so that helps as well. Kal and his pals are pretty easy on the ears compared to some of them tbh! 

Trust me that podcast is like Scottish ‘lite’. Try going north of the Tay river (Dundee - North) in a pub on a Saturday night. 

My partner barely understands a word when we go back and I am from close to Edinburgh so nowhere near as ‘broad’ as further north.

• Like 1

Some of you will probably remember the terror attack at Glasgow airport about 15 years or so ago, where a car filled with explosives was driven into the doors of the terminal building. Thankfully the vehicle failed to explode and there were only a few minor injuries.

I was on holiday in California at the time, and the American news networks covering the story put subtitles on the screen whenever they were playing clips of locals being interviewed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, petehinton said:

Could only manage 20 mins sadly, Christ almost unbearable at parts. Stop all talking over him at once ffs!!

Yeah I'm so glad you and the boys don't do that! Although an episode where you all speak in your best Scott Murray accents would be fun.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Some of you will probably remember the terror attack at Glasgow airport about 15 years or so ago, where a car filled with explosives was driven into the doors of the terminal building. Thankfully the vehicle failed to explode and there were only a few minor injuries.

I was on holiday in California at the time, and the American news networks covering the story put subtitles on the screen whenever they were playing clips of locals being interviewed.

Ah yes, when confronted by a burning terrorist, one’s of the Scottish hero’s “Reportedly, he kicked Ahmed in the groin and shouted: “F****n’ mon, then.”

Another guy tore a tendon in football kicking another one!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Trust me that podcast is like Scottish ‘lite’. Try going north of the Tay river (Dundee - North) in a pub on a Saturday night. 

My partner barely understands a word when we go back and I am from close to Edinburgh so nowhere near as ‘broad’ as further north.

My family are from Peterhead and Buckie...real Buchan doric.

• Like 1