IGNORED

Sheff U v Wrexham

Super

10 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Apparently Phil Parkinson whispered in one of the Sheff Utd's player's ears after the game saying it took you two games to beat a Non league side. Which doesn't surprise me coming from Parkinson, he's always been a bit of a classless ****.

I would say that is why Sharp said what he said in his interview and I kind of like the honesty from him on live tv.

In fairness Parkinson was right.

20 minutes ago, 2015 said:

He may have been right, but surely some class should be shown in defeat? The bloke has always come across as very bitter to me.

Sheff U are one of the worst around for it and have never shown any class as long as i can remember, They probably got the hump because a team actually challenged them.

Probably came from Warnock.

Edited by Super

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Thoughts on Sharp's comments and behaviour after the Blades put out Wrexham? I'm erring towards the "tool" end of the spectrum for a description 

I remember Kevin De Bruyne making no effort to patronise us, or be "nice" about us, or to "ruffle our hair" and say how jolly good we were, after the second semi at AG. If I remember kreckly he declined the interviwer's obvious invitation to do all that and pretty much said "they were rubbish, we're miles better" and it was quite amusing. And more honest.

It's funny because people on here frequently complain about us being too nice, too soft, too obliging, nothing like ruthless enough. And when we see it in other players and teams, some get upset. 

4 minutes ago, Laner said:

All this talk of disrespect is a bit rich from Wrexham, especially after telling the media they were disappointed to 'only' draw Coventry in an earlier round.

Surely all non league teams want a big PL team?

3 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Thoughts on Sharp's comments and behaviour after the Blades put out Wrexham? I'm erring towards the "tool" end of the spectrum for a description 

Ordinarily a league player talking this way about a NL club I would totally agree, but as @ExiledAjax so ably explains Wrectum are not your common or garden plucky underdogs that have made this tournament so compelling down the years - they deserve every iota of abuse they get.

• Hmmm 1

22 minutes ago, Super said:

Surely all non league teams want a big PL team?

I'm sure they do - as do the fans. But following comments such as "Everything in between in League One or Championship is a bit like: whatever." they're not going to get my sympathy if another player gives them a bit of stick back.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

24 minutes ago, Laner said:

I'm sure they do - as do the fans. But following comments such as "Everything in between in League One or Championship is a bit like: whatever." they're not going to get my sympathy if another player gives them a bit of stick back.

Don't see the problem tbh.

3 hours ago, Northern Red said:

As someone who lives fairly locally and has seen how the owners have engaged with the community and galvanised the fanbase and the town, I'm not going to knock what they're doing. They're good people and good luck to them (he says through slightly gritted teeth as an adpoted Cestrian).

However, this isn't some great fairytale where a plucky underdog is trying to suceed against all the odds and I really wish people would stop trying to pretend otherwise. Their budget not only dwarfs the league they're in, but the one above it and probably a fair chunk of the one above that. And the attempts to try and compare it with City in 2014-15 are frankly laughable.

You can get ointment for that.

4 hours ago, Leveller said:

Fair play to Wrexham. Most fans of other clubs would love to be in their shoes. All the bitterness is laughable, as every division has a big spread of budgets already. Look at Sunderland’s years of trying to get out of League One.

...and to think the gas were i.e non-league with a billionaire owner!!

I can feel the green eyed monster coming on :laugh: