IGNORED

John Cleese to `resurrect` Fawlty Towers

Lanterne Rouge

On 09/02/2023 at 20:11, spudski said:

Most sit coms these days are embarrassing, as they aren't funny, so he'll be in good company. 

I much prefer stand up.

I find Joe Lycett hilarious. Eddie Izzard was fantastic live. Both very clever comedians. 

If I do watch any sitcom's it will be repeats of stuff from the past. 

Mrs Slocombes wet pussy still makes me giggle. 

Inbetweeners, Little Britain, Fast show... brilliantly written and highly amusing.

I remember a few years back and we watched all the episodes of open all hours over a bank holiday weekend. British comedy back then with faulty towers and many others were the best and most enjoyable to watch and brings back so many memories.

th?id=ODL.ab4acfacde054b04d48736c1b033ea4d&w=135&h=200&c=10&rs=1&qlt=90&o=6&pid=13.1

• Like 4

Can't see what all the drama is about ?.  

Fawlty Towers is undoubtedly one of the best comedy shows ever to be produced in this country and is still screened in this country and around the world.  There is huge excitement in this show coming back.  Like most returning shows, it might not work this time round and some would argue it has aged badly like most older comedies but I would much rather see a remake with John Cleese in it than without him.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TomF said:

But even that they sorta ruined - it should have ended when they were millionaires. The episodes after that were not required.

Gervais/Merchant have always known when a show has reached its end - Office, Extras, Outlaws etc.. all perfect quotas 

I know I keep on about it but Father Ted. Three series and a Christmas special. No more was needed.

On 15/02/2023 at 12:38, Selred said:

A small sketch for Comic Relief, before anyone else gets excited (or angry, or any other emotions)

I took from the newspaper quote that he will appear but they are not announcing it.

I think the major issue with a Blackadder revival - even for one sketch - is the odds of Ben Elton or Richard Curtis remembering how to write comedy that is in any way funny are lower than the chances of Lee Johnson being the next manager of Real Madrid.

Agree with many others, leave well alone. Past excellent, I'm somewhat leftish and of an age that on paper (early 30s) should object to shows like this but excellent comedy is excellent comedy. It was excellent, just can't see the repeat being anything like.

Laughing at Basil, the Major etc rather than with.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1