IGNORED

no smart phone? then you'll not get in to Leeds v Man Utd

Never to the dark side

Digital tickets have been around unfortunately for a few years now and stored in a data base where you would normally print out at home and then use the print out manually at the venue of where ever you booked. It is a sign of the times unfortunately. Every one now must have a basic smart phone and therefore should not be a problem and simply just show your QR barcode on your phone. This will speed up the process and it also helps speed up the entry to any event.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

What happens if your battery dies?

You will not be able to gain entry if your phone is not charged. On match day, please ensure that your mobile phone is fully charged.

https://www.leedsunited.com/tickets/mobile-tickets#/qq

Poor move from Leeds, hope they overturn this otherwise would be nice to see them relegated.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

You will not be able to gain entry if your phone is not charged. On match day, please ensure that your mobile phone is fully charged.

https://www.leedsunited.com/tickets/mobile-tickets#/qq

Poor move from Leeds, hope they overturn this otherwise would be nice to see them relegated.

Why ? It' s the way all tickets will be in the future. One of the drivers behind it is to stop ticket touting. Most concert tickets have been digital only for a couple of years now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Why ? It' s the way all tickets will be in the future. One of the drivers behind it is to stop ticket touting. Most concert tickets have been digital only for a couple of years now.

Last week booked a train ticket locally in OZ. Our tickets were sent to our mobile phones and we scan the bar code for access to the train. Looking at flights now for a visit back later this year to the UK. Have been advised my airplane ticket, car hire at heathrow will be by bar code. This is now accepted world wide im afraid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, City oz said:

Digital tickets have been around unfortunately for a few years now and stored in a data base where you would normally print out at home and then use the print out manually at the venue of where ever you booked. It is a sign of the times unfortunately. Every one now must have a basic smart phone and therefore should not be a problem and simply just show your QR barcode on your phone. This will speed up the process and it also helps speed up the entry to any event.

I know people who don’t have a smartphone. 
I get that it’s simpler but there should be an alternative available 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

None of the 3 guys I work with have smart phones.

I must admit I have absolutely everything on mine. Trains tickets, plane tickets, credit cards, store cards, concert tickets, the list goes on. Everything except my season card.

Bit frightening really

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Totally agree with you but unfortunately the way we always did and do things are changing dramatically. There is a massive cost saving for ticket booking companies world wide by going totally electronic and digital. 

Even booking flight tickets I request soft copies (print outs) but was told they would not be accepted at check in at the airport for security reasons. We have to show the bar codes of our flight tickets at the airport and when we check in we get another notification sent to us with our digital boarding passes.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Why should there be an alternative? What was the alternative to paper tickets ?

Print at home tickets became a thing but not everyone has a printer, thus entailing a trip to the local library every week just to print a ticket.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

4 minutes ago, City oz said:

Totally agree with you but unfortunately the way we always did and do things are changing dramatically. There is a massive cost saving for ticket booking companies world wide by going totally electronic and digital. 

Even booking flight tickets I request soft copies (print outs) but was told they would not be accepted at check in at the airport for security reasons. We have to show the bar codes of our flight tickets at the airport and when we check in we get another notification sent to us with our digital boarding passes.

Yes everything was digital when I went abroad in the summer. I was absolutely terrified that something would happen to my phone, stolen, damaged, lost etc. I did print things out and shared all the passwords/info with my friend just in case 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

Why should there be an alternative? What was the alternative to paper tickets ?

Print at home tickets became a thing but not everyone has a printer, thus entailing a trip to the local library every week just to print a ticket.

So what do you do if you don’t have a smartphone?

The alternative to a paper ticket was a reprint.

Don’t get me wrong as I said above I’ve been onside with it for years but there’ll be some that just don’t have smartphones.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

Don’t get me wrong as I said above I’ve been onside with it for years but there’ll be some that just don’t have smartphones.

Asda probably has a basic smart phone cheaper than a printer that comes with ink and a pack of A4 paper

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

You could always buy a smartphone. I thought I was one of the last if the dinosaurs to buy one 5 years or so ago. My latest one cost £75 it's not exactly a life changing decision.

5 minutes ago, City oz said:

Asda probably has a basic smart phone cheaper than a printer that comes with ink and a pack of A4 paper

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

You could always buy a smartphone. I thought I was one of the last if the dinosaurs to buy one 5 years or so ago. My latest one cost £75 it's not exactly a life changing decision.

As I say I agree but there are people out there that don’t want a smartphone for whatever reason and the reasons are never to do with cost.

I guess the answer I was looking for is they can’t go to watch Leeds play and soon many other things. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

So true Sir Geoff, I had to get my grand daughter 7 years old to set up my smart phone with the apps and stuff. My grand daughter even has a smart watch she calls me on. Technology seems so easy for kids.

Just now, ralphindevon said:

As I say I agree but there are people out there that don’t want a smartphone for whatever reason and the reasons are never to do with cost.

I guess the answer I was looking for is they can’t go to watch Leeds play and soon many other things. 

Yes that's their prerogative. Also my reasoning on finally getting one as I still wanted to go to the odd concert as all Ticketmaster major tickets are now digital. Keep up or be left behind.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

I have used digital tickets before at a couple of grounds where I went as a neutral but saying people whose phones run out of battery can't attend is completely unreasonable I think. Needs to be alternatives as already stated.

Cue massive queues.

As you see at Lidl when someone unused to smart phones has been persuauded to get the App but can't get it to work like it did at home because they don't understand mobile data.

Yet another reason to go non-league on top of being able to stand rather than being crushed into a small plastic seat designed for a primary school and which is freezing cold in winter and meltingly hot in the summer, to park at the ground, to be able to drive away without a massive jam, and to have a beer.

There are many schools and advice groups which recommend that children should be given basic 2G phones for calls and SMS only as this prevents online bullying issues and unsupervised access to bad material on the web. My own teenage son has such a phone, the charge lasts for days, no one wants to steal it, it is tiny enough for any pocket and if it gets broken it only costs £20 to replace. There are similar advantages of simplicity for the aged.

Back to the match ticket issue, I assume that you can have a parent with multiple tickets on one smartphone.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Baba Yaga said:

I have used digital tickets before at a couple of grounds where I went as a neutral but saying people whose phones run out of battery can't attend is completely unreasonable I think. Needs to be alternatives as already stated.

Legally that can't be correct as the purchase of a ticket forms a contract between the two parties. I am sure anyone that has genuinely bought a ticket and can't access it in their phone would be able to sort the matter out with the club on the day. The wording by Leeds is to stop hundreds of people turning up without tickets claiming their phone has died or out of battery.

5 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Your car, or taking a bus, coach and trains all have charging points.

16 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

What happens to the people that can't afford £75?

Now they have to buy a £75 phone, a membership and then they can buy a ticket. Barriers to entry seem to be growing.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pezo said:

What happens to the people that can't afford £75?

Now they have to buy a £75 phone, a membership and then they can buy a ticket. Barriers to entry seem to be growing.

As pointed out earlier much cheaper than buying a printer, ink and a wad of A4 paper.