IGNORED

Today’s Fixtures

GrahamC

I think you know what i mean...!

We are as close to the playoffs as we are the relegation places - so we should be looking upwards, not downwards.

Tough challenge today but a win would see us just 3pts behind Norwich after 30 games played.

Potentially only 5 points off the play offs.

A win today would be massive, with some winable games coming up - stranger things have happened..! 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think you know what i mean...!

We are as close to the playoffs as we are the relegation places - so we should be looking upwards, not downwards.

Tough challenge today but a win would see us just 3pts behind Norwich after 30 games played.

Potentially only 5 points off the play offs.

A win today would be massive, with some winable games coming up - stranger things have happened..! 

No, I do and I agree. I think we’re a better team than the league position suggests, and I certainly think we should be looking up rather than down. The next week for me is huge - 6 points from the two home games and we’re right in the mix.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Four of the bottom five play each other, so Blackpool v Rotherham & Wigan v Huddersfield, Cardiff are home to Middlesbrough.

Even a point today could see us pull away from the bottom three.

Forget the other teams matches.

It's up to City squad and manager/coaches to climb up the ladder of safety.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Ffs stop talking about the playoffs. It's nonsense.

If City win today can I apologise in advance for all my playoff chat on OTIB....

4 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Forget the other teams matches.

It's up to City squad and manager/coaches to climb up the ladder of safety.

There's no way City are going down now.

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

No, I do and I agree. I think we’re a better team than the league position suggests, and I certainly think we should be looking up rather than down. The next week for me is huge - 6 points from the two home games and we’re right in the mix.

I’m happy enough where City right now. Nige seems to be gradually developing a healthy culture throughout the club and in recent games that’s been reflected on the pitch with some decent performances.

Norwich will be aware of our recent form and with them coming off a 3-0 loss an early goal will hopefully demoralise them.

Nothing is achieved in February but with 17 more matches any club hitting a run of good form can shoot up the table - let’s hope that it’s City.

6 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

That's fine, but can we leave the disappointment at the door if we don't? 

I wish we didn't get ahead of ourselves when things are going well and so down when things aren't as good. 

Absolutely.

Completely mad to even be thinking about the playoffs, in my opinion.

We have a squad of barely 20 players & at Xmas some on here wanted the manager sacked, predicted relegation & said Rovers were catching us..

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

That's fine, but can we leave the disappointment at the door if we don't? 

I wish we didn't get ahead of ourselves when things are going well and so down when things aren't as good. 

I might be proved wrong but I genuinely don't think there will be much reaction if we lost today. I don't think expectations are that high even with our improved form.

Just now, GrahamC said:

Absolutely.

Completely mad to even be thinking about the playoffs, in my opinion.

We have a squad of barely 20 players & at Xmas some on here wanted the manager sacked, predicted relegation & said Rovers were catching us..

It's mad to expect playoffs, but it's fun to chat about while we're on a good run imo.

Every win we’re talking about the playoffs 

Every defeat and it’s relegation and doom and gloom. 

We are Bristol City - it’s what we do ?

In all seriousness though, this league is so tight that either is mathematically possible, but neither are very likely. 

Edited by bcfcredandwhite
Add words
  • Like 3

Just now, bcfcredandwhite said:

Every win we’re talking about the playoffs 

Every defeat and it’s relegation and doom and gloom. 

We are Bristol City - it’s what we do ?

Healthy culture, positive attractive football......

There must be a point in the future when that's not enough, and we demand more than play offs..... or sack everyone!

We are Bristol City - it's what we will do ?

1 hour ago, Super said:

Ffs stop talking about the playoffs. It's nonsense.

I'm not accusing the poster, but I can imagine this would be some people's way of getting back at Nigel again

as in we should be top 6.

I totally agree with you, this sort of talk this season is a nonsense.

And the minute enough people start to say things like this, we know what kind of run can turn up.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 2

Unlikely to go up or down, positive to be able to play with the pressure off whilst continuing to develop. We can dream and if we add a string of wins, we can start to believe but it’s important to be realistic, an 8 point gap is steep when chasing teams at the top end of the table.

This season, to stay up and cut costs whilst developing the youngsters we have will be a success.

Edited by Fammyfan

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

I'm not accusing the poster, but I can imagine this would be some people's way of getting back at Nigel again

as in we should be top 6.

I totally agree with you, this sort of talk this season is a nonsense.

That type of person will never be satisfied. They'll always be thinking that because we achieve one goal, we "should" then achieve the next. Even if we one day win the Champions League we won't win it well enough.

Pretty sure I said 11th as a pre-season prediction. With a bit of luck that's doable, much higher than that would be impressive/very lucky.

• Like 1