IGNORED

Alfie Mawson

Fuber

Just now, Vidal said:

If he wasn’t injury prone then we wouldn’t have seen him in a BCFC shirt, likewise Wycombe fans etc. Done by injuries etc.

Yea but it can sometimes go the other way, remember Webster had a shaky record when we bought him (albeit nowhere near Mawson's).

I really hoped after his first few games here that we get lucky and get a full season out of him, hell of a player to build a defence around. Wasn't to be, all the best in retirement Alfie!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ah thanks- probably both in and out due to injury, definitely remember back 3 at various points of the season.

Yes, most definitely.

We started with Vyner Moore Mawson (Kalas injured), then Kalas came back as Mawson got injured!

Saturday’s win v Norwich exercised the horrors of the Norwich (h) game of that season, where I saw the most inept defensive performance I think I ever witnessed.

Wycombe got 20 games out of him, which after 2 major injuries in his time with us, was 20 more than I expected.

He was a top player but his injury record was horrific & it was symptomatic of just how poor our recruitment was under Holden that we seriously thought him & Chris Brunt was the way forward.

Also makes you realise how underrated the signing of Chris Martin (at the same time) was, as we got 26 games out of him in his first season & 45 last..

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Wycombe got 20 games out of him, which after 2 major injuries in his time with us, was 20 more than I expected.

He was a top player but his injury record was horrific & it was symptomatic of just how poor our recruitment was under Holden that we seriously thought him & Chris Brunt was the way forward.

Also makes you realise how underrated the signing of Chris Martin (at the same time) was, as we got 26 games out of him in his first season & 45 last..

I forgot Chris Brunt ever played for us!

33 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Chris Brunt comfortably in the 5 worst signings of the last 10 years for me, absolute tractor in midfield! 

No real surprise, injuries and legs made of glass have done him out of a really decent career. 

As said before, the only reason we got to see him in a City shirt was because of the injuries, and likewise Wycombe (didn't even realise he went there).

Shame for him, never good seeing/hearing about any player having to cut their career short because of injuries.

Was good for us until the injury.

Before people say he's had a short career - he's still managed 9 years and 287 games as a pro, so averaged 30 odd games in each of those seasons. 3 seasons in the top flight, one of which he played all 38 games. It's not the longest career but he's done well.

Edited by ExiledAjax