IGNORED

Not Nineteen Forever

Dolman_Stand

Not Nineteen Forever  

189 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A very interesting question actually. They play very different roles and are very different players so it is hard to compare them directly.

I guess my initial thoughts are that you have to set aside the raw goal numbers. If you don't then obviously Tammy wins every time. With goals aside I'd say that for a consistent number of high-level match-defining performances you go Tammy. However, if you're looking for singular great performances then Scott edges it. 

We've got the benefit with Tammy of knowing what he's gone on to do in the Premier League and Serie A, and for England. With Scott we're still talking about potential, however high that may be, it is possible it will go unfulfilled.

I think ultimately I go Tammy.

• Like 3

Joe Bryan, Flint, Magnússon, Korey, Brownhill, Bobby Reid, Pack, Tammy, Duric... some quality players in there that season many of whom went on to bigger and better things. Shame about the 17th place finish...!

I think @ExiledAjax's reasoning is sound above, so I think right now I'd go with Tammy as well, but I hope I'm saying Scott in a few years time and wondering what was wrong with myself for ever doubting him!

• Like 2

Hard to say. Both exceptionally talented, Tammy was very prolific but his all round game was questionable as is natural at that age whereas Scott some but not.many goals.and assists but very useful in a range of ways- very good obviously but his defensive stats are alright, he filled in at wing back last sesson, attacking midfield plus varied CM.

Scott is just an absolute joy to watch with an incredible all round game. Every chance he could hit the very top, but equally he might end up mid to lower table prem.

I think also probably a little biased because we own Scott (for now) whereas Tammy was never properly ours.

in over 35 years of watching City I haven’t seen anybody with such potential.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tin said:

Tammy was better, but Scott will go further IMO

Interesting. I think Scott is a fabulous player but IMO it is still to early to say he will go ‘further’ than Tammy. Whilst what we are seeing from Scott in the championship is unbelievable for a 19 year old, the step up to the Prem is huge.

I have no doubt that Scott will become a very decent player at the top level but will he kick on and make numerous caps for England and go abroad to a top league and hold his own like Tammy has? It’s a hard one to predict to be honest.  

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 1

I think the comparison is tricky. Tammy was clearer on what his best position was, what kind of player he was and how he wanted to play and - for that reason - was probably a bit better at his role in the team whereas Scott is able to play in more positions and is more versatile in his style of play which means is more adaptable and could play a wider range of roles on the pitch.

So, in a sense, Abraham was maybe a “better”  Strike than Scott is a midfielder or attacking midfielder player but Scott is a “better” footballer and has more room to grow.

A bit left field perhaps but a 19ish year old we had who went onto much bigger and better things who to me looked far too good to be playing for us was Paul Agostino. 

I remember two brilliant finishes away at Preston and Bournemouth and of course those two goals against the gas.

Also remember him missing an open goal at home to Burnley trying to back heel it in front of the Atyeo - so what do I know! 

Sorry didn’t see this was a choice of two BTW!

Very hard to say with it not being a like for like comparison

Tammy hasn't quite achieved what I expected, I guess he was physically already there aged 19 so perhaps not a major room for improvement

Scott has an all round game that can develop further to dominate matches and is such a unique player.

I think Abraham was better aged 19 but Scott can achieve more than Tammy has 

Alex Scott for me. Tammy was absolutely fantastic, in both ability and attitude. But Scott is so versatile and I love the way how at such a young age he is able to control games in midfield. And he has played wing back very effectively too. 

Both superb players and very mature on the pitch. Glad to have seen them in our shirt. 

• Like 1

I think Scott will go on to have a better career than Tammy has. 

Whilst Tammy is/was talented and I always knew he'd play for England he is just below that bar of being elite like a Kane. 

Scott however I feel has the potential to reach that top elite level. England don't generally produce midfielders like Alex Scott. 

Tammy is just another striker in a long list of England strikers that just fell slightly short.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bris Red said:

Interesting. I think Scott is a fabulous player but IMO it is still to early to say he will go ‘further’ than Tammy. Whilst what we are seeing from Scott in the championship is unbelievable for a 19 year old, the step up to the Prem is huge.

I have no doubt that Scott will become a very decent player at the top level but will he kick on and make numerous caps for England and go abroad to a top league and hold his own like Tammy has? It’s a hard one to predict to be honest.  

Completely agree with this. Scott is doing it at a much lower level but def has the potential to be a very good Premier League player. Too early to have debates like this really.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Maria Whittaker was better at 19 than either of them. ?

Tammy btw.

One of the really random things that’s stuck in my head is that Ms Whittaker is married to 80’s/90’s rap/dance star “Rebel MC”. Street Tuff was a hell of a tune.

Leilani Dowling, also of P3 fame, is now a conspiracy theorist.

(Scott)

• Like 2