IGNORED

QPR

GrahamC

1 hour ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

edit** Briefly forgot that I live in London, up the Rs, I can't miss out on a local away day

But QPR is the worst. Over priced, crap cider, restricted views and no leg room.

I work in White City and would happily see them drop down!

57 minutes ago, beaverface said:

Completely agree, and I think thousands of other City fans feel the same way also. 

We had a massive attendance that day (25,404) and I'm pretty sure it was because we wanted to send Brum down, and we literally just rolled over and gifted them the win.

I was so angry that day , that just typified us as little old roll over tickle our bellies Bristol City. Watching all them brummie fans dancing around and partying in the streets done my head in . Even when we went 1-0 down there seemed to be no fight in the players management coaching staff we were just quite content to let the brummies have a party on and off the pitch on our patch. 
Hence why I am liking Pearson’s comments about making other teams feel unwelcome when they come here .

• Like 7

4 hours ago, TomF said:

I'd imagine they'll somehow find 10 or so points to survive, the goal difference doesn't help them thou as clearly letting in a few.

On the flip side Sunderland at weekend looks like our toughest test since our turnaround of results - they're flying and don't seem to be suffering from Neil's exit. 

Mowbray is a good manager.

No idea what Blackburn were expecting from him, just outside the playoffs last season & they didn’t renew his contract.

No better off without him.

Undoubtedly a very tough game, take a point all day long.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sandhurst Red said:

I'd much rather Reading or Watford went down - Reading for just being about as plastic as you can get. Fans, Stadium, Atmosphere - all of it is just wrong and the local area only cared when they were in the Prem. And Watford deserve a stint down another level for just being moronic in how they operate the club. I feel for the fans, but the owners need to be taught a lesson. 

Spot on about Reading and Twatford.

Hopefully to be joined by bloody Bournemouth next season.

(Semenyo to move on to a proper P.L. club, like Palace)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Spot on about Reading and Twatford.

Hopefully to be joined by bloody Bournemouth next season.

(Semenyo to move on to a proper P.L. club, like Palace)

You mean the fairytale football dream on the South Coast.... I couldn't agree more. 

The narrative that is often overlooked by the media (and their fans alike) was the Russian money pumped into the club. They were effectively (and it is ironic they play in black and red) a roulette table for 24 months. Had they not gone up that season, then they would have crashed and burned and would be in League One now. They gambled and got away with it, but not without overspending and playing the system.

Ruthless and gutsy - perhaps. A south coast fairytale/miracle - absolutely not.

Edited by Sandhurst Red
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, redkev said:

I was so angry that day , that just typified us as little old roll over tickle our bellies Bristol City. Watching all them brummie fans dancing around and partying in the streets done my head in . Even when we went 1-0 down there seemed to be no fight in the players management coaching staff we were just quite content to let the brummies have a party on and off the pitch on our patch. 
Hence why I am liking Pearson’s comments about making other teams feel unwelcome when they come here .

Still annoys me too. We'd just beaten Brighton away to stop them from winning the League and were now safe from relegation. In hindsight this was probably the whole reason Birmingham stayed up as our Management and Players decided to be on the beach after the Brighton match. Really poor from us and it was such a half hearted performance.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

You mean the fairytale football dream on the South Coast.... I couldn't agree more. 

The narrative that is often overlooked by the media (and their fans alike) was the Russian money pumped into the club. They were effectively (and it is ironic they play in black and red) a roulette table for 24 months. Had they not gone up that season, then they would have crashed and burned and would be in League One now. They gambled and got away with it, but not without overspending and playing the system.

Ruthless and gutsy - perhaps. A south coast fairytale/miracle - absolutely not.

It's a miracle how rubles come up so spotless after going to the laundry !

10 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

Well at least he scored

He did but after coming on as sub and only playing 30 mins. A nice header from a good cross. But he's not quite so effective these days when having to play the full 90. 

Personally hope they survive - if only for Albert's sake. There are far more objectionable clubs in trouble who I'd like to see disappear. Permanently.   

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, 2015 said:

Still annoys me too. We'd just beaten Brighton away to stop them from winning the League and were now safe from relegation. In hindsight this was probably the whole reason Birmingham stayed up as our Management and Players decided to be on the beach after the Brighton match. Really poor from us and it was such a half hearted performance.

God getting all annoyed and angry about it again , I really hate our soft under belly. Been to many away game over the last 30-40 years or so and seldom do I see it like our place / teams all to nicey nicey.

we do have our moments though usually the Gas ( who ever they are )

.Ashton can be quite intimidating Man Utd was quite good ,but the best in recent times has to be Swindon at home after they had beaten us at there place and won the league in November ( the Wade Elliot sending off game ) the atmosphere before the game on the streets was quite vibrant along with the build up . The once the game started was as good as any game I can remember. 
I take the Hartlepool & Palace games out of the equation as those sort of games the atmosphere should be guaranteed.