IGNORED

QPR

GrahamC

9 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Didn’t realise that after 16 games this season they were top, but they have only won once in 17 games since & are now below us.

Their supporters are seriously fearing the drop & reckon they’re in free fall.

I’ve been saying this for weeks now. All the sides below them have games in hand as well. Is a 10-point buffer from the bottom three enough to survive with 14 games left? It’ll be bloody tight if they don’t improve sharpish. 

9 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Didn’t realise that after 16 games this season they were top, but they have only won once in 17 games since & are now below us.

Their supporters are seriously fearing the drop & reckon they’re in free fall.

The Championship is full of clubs whose form fluctuates and only the top two or three manage any consistency. Look at City - we’re on an unbeaten run of 9 whereas just a few weeks ago we’re drawing too many and finding wins hard to come by.

Three points tonight and we’ll be just outside the pray-offs.

The doubters couldn’t see this run of good form coming.

I don’t have any particular views about QPR although I’ve been to Loftus Rd many times. I have a :dunno: attitude towards them and several other Championship clubs

2 hours ago, FNQ said:

When you sign the likes of Chris Martin on as a free agent and then have to play him from the start as your target front man for the full 90…..You’re f#cked.

Sounds familiar.... ?

10 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Beale appeared to have something going there but since he left the wheels have come off.

That may have happened anyway as I thought they were over achieving but they did look good early on.

In fairness just before Beale left they weren’t in the best of form. Ever since Wolves made an approach for him, their form has dropped dramatically 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tin said:

Is a 10-point buffer from the bottom three enough to survive with 14 games left? It’ll be bloody tight if they don’t improve sharpish. 

Well it means if you go at 0.5 points per game (win 2, draw 1, lose 11) and Wigan 10 points below you goes at 1 point per game then you still finish 1 point above them. So based on that yes. However, Wigan have two games in hand so actually 1ppg would get them 16 further points, and leave them 1 point above QPR.

They'll probably be fine but it's not going to be an enjoyable end to the season for their fans. Probably need 3 more wins to be safe.

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Three points tonight and we’ll be just outside the pray-offs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really admire your determination to keep 2003 style internet discourse alive in the year of our lord 2023. 

Once again though, I want it on record that my favourite idiosyncrasy of yours is utilising the really old school emojis as often as possible....................................:cool2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Who thinks we’re definitely safe , I am always a bit of a pessimist in the last few years since cots departed.

reason being when we go on a poor run its bloody very poor , banana skin tonight and a really tough test Saturday lose both and we’re looking over our shoulder again. ( I know win both and ……..) I just wanna make sure we’re out of the mire .

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, redkev said:

Who thinks we’re definitely safe , I am always a bit of a pessimist in the last few years since cots departed.

reason being when we go on a poor run its bloody very poor , banana skin tonight and a really tough test Saturday lose both and we’re looking over our shoulder again. ( I know win both and ……..) I just wanna make sure we’re out of the mire .

We're comfortably safe. Just like last season we were never really in danger of actually going down either.

A very good friend of mine is a QPR season ticket holder, and I often go to Loftus when it doesn't clash with a City match.

Saw them at the start of the season v Hull City and they looked outstanding. Went again when they played Luton over Christmas and the contrast between the two was huge. Same players, different system - and they looked hopeless.

Critchley is on borrowed time, but so is Les Ferdinand who is DOF. The lack of investment in the squad has been huge, but also the mindset and direction is wayward. Charlie Austin was not given a new contract as he was deemed too old (32). 6 months later, QPR sign Chris Martin (34) til the end of the season....

Despite XPG, they need points and quickly - and though a few wins and draws from their remaining fixtures should be enough, he's adamant that they are in a relegation dogfight and that they will need something vs us at Loftus on the last day of the season to stay up. 

If that scenario does play out, I may make my own way there - opposed to car sharing. Not sure I would want the awkward drive home, if they did go down.

Edited by Sandhurst Red
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, redkev said:

We're fine. The key ingredient in sides of ours that have really struggled was total squad imbalance, no visible system or style of play and a ragtag team of players not playing for eachother. The side in 12/13 under McInnes and later SO'D epitomised that. The Holden side looked a bit like that towards the end too and I think we'd have ended up being sucked into real danger had he stayed.

This side doesn't have any of those traits. We don't have top level championship squad depth, but we have a balanced squad more than good enough for mid table and upper mid table. We have a visible style of play now, it's taken a little while but we're getting there. The players seem a good squad, no passengers and all working hard for eachother. 

• Like 2

My mate has been saying for a couple of months they are in trouble.
Seemed to start when Beale was linked with other jobs. Then the wheels started to fall off when, after he was linked with a return to Rangers, he turned up at a game, not a great look. 
They've struggled financially for a while, Dykes was their only senior striker and he has had Pneumonia. That's why Martin went there , he was OOC and they were desperate. 
I looked at the table and 5 teams have to overtake them. The teams in the bottom 3 have no more than 7 wins in 30, average less than 1 PPG, so you'd think they would struggle to overtake a team 10 points ahead, but not impossible.  QPR have to visit B'pool and Wigan, 2 massive games.
Also, it could make our last away game awkward . I could be staying at my Brother in Laws , who is QPR and drinking in my mates local , he's QPR. Originally didn't want to go as I honestly thought we might need points to stay up and they could be going for the Playoffs. Could be a different scenario now.

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

We're comfortably safe. Just like last season we were never really in danger of actually going down either.

Yet a cursory look at the table and we are on the same points, all be it they have played 2 more. 
Amazing what momentum does for the way we look at the Table.
Personally being a worrier , I won't relax my fear of relegation, until we're in a Playoff spot.

Edited by 1960maaan

23 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really admire your determination to keep 2003 style internet discourse alive in the year of our lord 2023. 

Once again though, I want it on record that my favourite idiosyncrasy of yours is utilising the really old school emojis as often as possible....................................:cool2:

The emojis that I use might old school but I like them and are still the best ones in my opinion……..…….:P

10 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

QPR, Cardiff & Birmingham to go down, the dream.

edit** Briefly forgot that I live in London, up the Rs, I can't miss out on a local away day

Agreed on Cardiff and Brum - still annoys me to this day that we failed to send them down on the last day of the season when Redknapp was in charge a few years ago.

No issue with QPR - ah honest, proper football club with an old skool style ground. Would I want to go every week, no!, but it has some charm about it.

It is also funny how Brentford have leapfrogged them (and us...) as it really winds up the hoops fans - seeing as they used to play a yearly friendly with Brentford to give them good ground receipts.

I'd much rather Reading or Watford went down - Reading for just being about as plastic as you can get. Fans, Stadium, Atmosphere - all of it is just wrong and the local area only cared when they were in the Prem. And Watford deserve a stint down another level for just being moronic in how they operate the club. I feel for the fans, but the owners need to be taught a lesson. 

Edited by Sandhurst Red
  • Like 1

If Wigan (heaven forbid), Huddersfield and Blackpool all win tonight it will become very interesting for Rotherham, Cardiff and Stoke especially.  Rotherham will be ruing last night’s defeat to Reading having been 1-0 up.  I think Brum have enough about them to stay out of trouble, and even though QPR have 39 points they don’t know where their next win is coming from.

41 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Yet a cursory look at the table and we are on the same points, all be it they have played 2 more. 
Amazing what momentum does for the way we look at the Table.
Personally being a worrier , I won't relax my fear of relegation, until we're in a Playoff spot.

Not only have they played an extra 2 games, just look at the difference in goal difference. A really good example of how the Pts column in the table can really mislead.

I wish that during the season the table was ranked by points per game.

55 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

Agreed on Cardiff and Brum - still annoys me to this day that we failed to send them down on the last day of the season when Redknapp was in charge a few years ago.

No issue with QPR - ah honest, proper football club with an old skool style ground. Would I want to go every week, no!, but it has some charm about it.

It is also funny how Brentford have leapfrogged them (and us...) as it really winds up the hoops fans - seeing as they used to play a yearly friendly with Brentford to give them good ground receipts.

I'd much rather Reading or Watford went down - Reading for just being about as plastic as you can get. Fans, Stadium, Atmosphere - all of it is just wrong and the local area only cared when they were in the Prem. And Watford deserve a stint down another level for just being moronic in how they operate the club. I feel for the fans, but the owners need to be taught a lesson. 

Completely agree, and I think thousands of other City fans feel the same way also. 

We had a massive attendance that day (25,404) and I'm pretty sure it was because we wanted to send Brum down, and we literally just rolled over and gifted them the win.

• Like 9