IGNORED

Mascot package - any good..?

Bar BS3

Hi, 

My son, Ashton, turns 9 at the end of April, he's had his season ticket since he was 1, he's only really started showing a proper interest over the last year or 2 & really loves it now!

Thinking of getting him the mascot package for his birthday - has anyone else here done that & is it good.? Do they get a proper meet with the players etc.? 

I looked out for them on Saturday t didn't look like they have the pre-match kick about with the players on the pitch, like we did in my day..!

What are peoples experiences of having done this.?

Thanks

Edited by phantom
RESOLVED SPACING ISSUE

My lad was mascot on Boxing Day. Thought that City had the day setup well.

All the guests were part of a tour around the changing rooms etc before the players arrived. When the players arrived the mascots went down to meet them, take selfies with all the players and get things signed. The rest of the guests ate from the buffet up in hospitality whilst the mascots were meeting the players.

As you say, the warm up was on the side of the pitch with the other mascots rather than the players.

He really enjoyed it and I would recommend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Deffo a good day for the kids , my grandson ( 11 ) loved it ( as did all the adults ) throughly recommend.

The downside his was against Lincoln ??

same as the hospitality days I have done loads over the years old ground & refurbished, city do do these days well 

bit pricey but very good , done lots at other grounds too and city definitely up there with the best

• Thanks 1

It all seems solid from what I can see from a distance. The club usually post up some pictures of the kids meeting players in the changing room on socials and they all seem to enjoy.

Only criticisms are the kids are just passing around cones at pitchside these days and not allowed on the pitch, also that there are now often 9 or 10 mascots every game now which to me, makes it seem a bit less special than if it were just a few of them.

• Like 1

My girl was a mascot for the Watford game, was a brilliant day, we all really enjoyed it.
You all get to see the changing room etc , go pitch side via the tunnel. Mascots go off to meet the players whilst the rest of your party go up to the Heineken lounge for food and the kids join you when they are done. ( If they want autographs then take a pen and something to sign , we bought a city calendar for that)Then mascots go down for a pitch side warm up which is good for taking their mind off of being nervous ! 
After going out with the players they bring them up to where you’ll be sitting in front of the Heineken lounge. I’d say it’s worth every penny,it’s something they’ll always remember.

• Like 1

My boys are 26, 26 and 24 now and when they see the mascots on the pitch they still mention the day they did it, they had a ball each thrown at them by Scott Murray to take in the dressing room and get signed, safe to say it's something they will never forget and it was about 15 years ago now!!

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

My boys are 26, 26 and 24 now and when they see the mascots on the pitch they still mention the day they did it, they had a ball each thrown at them by Scott Murray to take in the dressing room and get signed, safe to say it's something they will never forget and it was about 15 years ago now!!

I was a ballboy for a couple of games and still remember Dani Rodrigues snapping his ankle and Steve Phillips asking me for the ball afterwards. Ah... memories. Poor Dani.

• Robin 1

48 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

This happened at a Bears match a couple of months ago too. Not sure if i remember it right but I think the mascot, also on a stag do, even had to walk out holding a Bear's player's hand ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, terpin said:

My lad was mascot on Boxing Day. Thought that City had the day setup well.

All the guests were part of a tour around the changing rooms etc before the players arrived. When the players arrived the mascots went down to meet them, take selfies with all the players and get things signed. The rest of the guests ate from the buffet up in hospitality whilst the mascots were meeting the players.

As you say, the warm up was on the side of the pitch with the other mascots rather than the players.

He really enjoyed it and I would recommend.

Agree entirely with the above … my sons experience was brilliant . He was also very anxious at the idea of it ( plus excited ) however the club dealt with that brilliantly and checked in with him loads. 

Edited by Brann-red
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, RedM said:

This happened at a Bears match a couple of months ago too. Not sure if i remember it right but I think the mascot, also on a stag do, even had to walk out holding a Bear's player's hand ?

Did anyone notice the mascots on Saturday in the redzone video…the girl with Alex Scott had her socks rolled down…all the others had socks up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, frenchred said:

I think I was about 14 when I was mascot, away at Watford.

Still have my signed photo with Andy Cole & pre match photo.

Loved it!

Even though it was a drab 0-0 draw..!

Just now, Davefevs said:

Did anyone notice the mascots on Saturday in the redzone video…the girl with Alex Scott had her socks rolled down…all the others had socks up.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Ha ha that's really funny. I think, from the little i know, to allow for fairness the club often does a draw to allocate a mascot to a player. But I also know that when a child is a bit unsure or nervous they often get given to Zac Vyner as he is brilliant with them. Other players are too but he tends to go that extra mile with one ones that need it.

It really is something that the club do well. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

Ha ha that's really funny. I think, from the little i know, to allow for fairness the club often does a draw to allocate a mascot to a player. But I also know that when a child is a bit unsure or nervous they often get given to Zac Vyner as he is brilliant with them. Other players are too but he tends to go that extra mile with one ones that need it.

It really is something that the club do well. 

Alby was Joe’s “minder” back in the day v Swindon.

Frankie Fielding and Korey Smith were the organisers, sorting out all the players to make sure they didn’t ignore the kids and ensured they posed for photos, signed stuff, etc.

• Like 3

I got a mascot package for my lad and it was the first mascots after the covid lockdowns vs Birmingham, my lad never got to meet any players but he had a brilliant day, especially when running out with the team before kick off.

I was mascot in 1983 and can still remember a few things from that day, memories i hope will last a lifetime, we beat York city 1-0

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Hi, 

My son, Ashton, turns 9 at the end of April, he's had his season ticket since he was 1, he's only really started showing a proper interest over the last year or 2 & really loves it now!

Thinking of getting him the mascot package for his birthday - has anyone else here done that & is it good.? Do they get a proper meet with the players etc.? 

I looked out for them on Saturday t didn't look like they have the pre-match kick about with the players on the pitch, like we did in my day..!

What are peoples experiences of having done this.?

Thanks

I have no idea on the package but can only assume you named him for the same reason i did one of my lads! ???

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spudski said:

Anyone remember the ballboy ( I know not mascot but...) Kicked by Eden Hazard a few years back? Now worth £40 million selling vodka to numpties 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19598916/eden-hazard-ball-boy-chelsea-swansea-vodka-times-rich-list/

Then you read on and realise he's the son of the Swansea owner, so no doubt had a helping hand in getting his fortune.

• Like 2